Post-Game Talk: 3-2 Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
jeez. Look, performing well at one level is no assurance that will carry over to the next. Sometimes players pan out and sometimes they don't. Pavelec was sucking like a Hoover back then and many of us felt a change would be good and Hutch was worth a try. He hasn't exactly blown the lid off. That doesn't mean Helly might not do so...but of course there's no way to know without trying.
exactly , as i said Pavelec we all know now is definitely not our goalie that we win the cup with , send him to the Moose and start Helly right away . What is the worst thing that happens we keep losing like we are ?? If some team actually claimed Pavelec we would have 4 million to put towards signing Ladd or Buff or both . If Helly is terrible you play Hutch that way you don't wreck Helly's confidence , although i don't agree with the whole confidence thing anyway , he either has the talent and ability or he doesn't ... i think that boy has it big time , he plays alot like Price . :handclap:

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I agree, an undisciplined team is always on the coaches. The BS Mo spewed about the penalties last season was a cop out and quite frankly send th wrong message to the team, never ever heard a coach at any level come up with BS like that. Mo is a career .500 coach for a reason, starts well with teams, turns them around and then they crash, there is a pattern.:(

Sorry sip i don't agree at all Maurice is a good coach and very smart , this team has average at best goaltending so unless we play a very good game we lose , when was the last time one of our goalies stood on their head and won us a game ??? By the way NYPD BLUE was my favorite show mostly because of sip , do you know what Dennis is doing now , i haven't seen him in anything for years .:popcorn:

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
Well you're lumping together NAHL with NCAA and AHL...

Who knows what happens in the NAHL - you can probably just ignore that. It's below USHL...so like MJHL quality? I really have no idea. Anyway, you probably shouldn't be basing much off that.

And the NCAA is lower scoring than the OHL, isn't it? I'm not sure what the DivI average is but there are 20 guys with .919 or better SV% on this page (is this last year? Active career totals?) http://www.ncaa.com/stats/icehockey-men/d1/current/individual/172

Look at Hutch's last year in the OHL - there are 4 guys who'd make that NCAA list. http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/stats/show/type/top_goalies/ls_season/35/subtype/1

Oh and there's Hutch at 5th in the league...5th out of 20 or so isn't too shabby. Better than "at or below average" I'd say.

What exactly are you arguing for again -- that Hutch is as good or even nearly as good as Helle. Well as I said before, Helle produced the best career save % of any goalie ever in the NCAA & thats good enough for me (better than Miller & Dryden, etc).

No guarantee (especially with goalies) but I'll take Helle over Hutch any day

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
I take Helle too, but I think what Hutch was and is is underrated often.

Aye.

Helle is probably the future, but Hutch deserves to be in the show and he deserves a real look. He track record says he deserves it and that he could be a quality tender.

I'd rather have them both than one or the other.

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
So if we get to All-star break and goalies are what they are now, do you still leave Helle in the AHL?

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
I'd like to see them just run with Hutch for a stretch, Pavelec never has been and never will be the answer.

If he crashes and burns into the middle of Dec, bring up Hellebuyck.

veganhunter

Mexico City Coyotes!
Feb 15, 2010
Calgary
Where should he be rated? Last season he was the #32 goalie by sv%, wasn't he?

You like small sample sizes (especially Pavelec's hot streak last year), pre all star game last year Hutch was .935 so clearly he showed he is capable of being one of the top 5 goalies in the league.:sarcasm:

As for a big sample Pavelec from 08/09-15/16 ranks 35/38 by SV% of goalies who have played at least 150 games. So we know where he stands.

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Just noticed Byfuglien has 8 times more shots than Enstrom :amazed: 64 versus 8...

You could have said 64 to 0 and i would have believed you :sarcasm: Enstrom NEVER shoots on net and it's because of how long it takes him to manoeuvre his hands down his big goofy hockey stick !:shakehead By the time he is ready to shoot the opposing player is on him and he either gives the puck away or it gets blocked :shakehead Just try using a stick that is a foot too long , it's feels terrible , he should be using a stick like Phil Housley did , really short .:laugh:

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I take Helle too, but I think what Hutch was and is is underrated often.

Aye.

Helle is probably the future, but Hutch deserves to be in the show and he deserves a real look. He track record says he deserves it and that he could be a quality tender.

I'd rather have them both than one or the other.

Seems like the logical combination to run until we have a better look at Comrie.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Where should he be rated? Last season he was the #32 goalie by sv%, wasn't he?

are you for real man? You backed Pav last year ad infinitum and totally ignored the fact that he'd been near the bottom of the league for HIS ENTIRE CAREER in SV%. Now Hutch puts up one bad year and he's done? I'm way more confident Hutch will put up better numbers over his career than Pavelec has.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad