GDT: 3/2/14 - 8:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Colorado

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
I'm much more inclined after today to believe the recent play is based on rookies burning out or hitting a wall than any off ice MSL drama. Just sloppy, uncoordinated and seeing guys huffing and puffing at every tv timeout. Killorn looks like he needs to hit the treadmill.

Cigar City

Apr 21, 2012
Tampa
No what? Because he had a decent game he doesn't have to hit the net on that?

MSL got that PP for us if you didn't remember, Kucherov was benched and his line was broken up after he sent Mackinnon a blind pass on a semi-breakaway.

So Marty isn't invisible because he drew one penalty, but Kucherov is a bum because he had one bad turnover.

Kucherov made a handful of passes that should have been put in the net tonight, and no one converted. Marty showing an obvious sign of frustration when a rookie misses the net is okay?

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
No what? Because he had a decent game he doesn't have to hit the net on that?

MSL got that PP for us if you didn't remember, Kucherov was benched and his line was broken up after he sent Mackinnon a blind pass leading to a semi-breakaway.

Kucherov was benched because he doesn't kill penalties.

Marty was invisible in this one until the last 5 minutes or so.

But we need to calm down for a minute with the deadline talk and remember that we're missing our top two centers right now, and Gudas left that one with an injury.

If Matt Carle doesn't lose his mind and give a tape-to-tape pass to Eric Johnson, we're probably still playing.

Frustrating? Of course. But not exactly a reason to blow up the team.

2MinutesforGiraffing

angelsil on safari
Apr 2, 2013
Tampa
Bishop was dragging through mud to get to the break, so going back to that well of riding him this hard seemed like a disaster waiting to happen.

If you caught the pan to Bish during the anthem, he looked really tired. This was before the game started.

Really, what would we have lost starting GODlevskis? Now I fear Lindback vs. Miller on Tuesday. I fear. Oh yes. I fear.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Considering Kucherov was the most impressive offensive player besides Thompson and Marty was invisible, no.

Im not buying the Kucherov being impressive every game but can't score bit anymore. He needs to get scratched and sent a message, he's just not playing very good lately.

Cigar City

Apr 21, 2012
Tampa
Kucherov was benched because he doesn't kill penalties.

Marty was invisible in this one until the last 5 minutes or so.

But we need to calm down for a minute with the deadline talk and remember that we're missing our top two centers right now, and Gudas left that one with an injury.

If Matt Carle doesn't lose his mind and give a tape-to-tape pass to Eric Johnson, we're probably still playing.

Frustrating? Of course. But not exactly a reason to blow up the team.

Lol just let me get it out and I'll be fine tomorrow... It just bothers me that MSL doesn't want to play for this team anymore.

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
Im not buying the Kucherov being impressive every game but can't score bit anymore. He needs to get scratched and sent a message, he's just not playing very good lately.

What kind of message does that send? I agree he hasn't been as great as when he first came up, but he's still getting his chances. It says "you're in all the right spots, but we're benching you for not being able to bury." That's not right.

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
Aside from Stammer and Filppula coming back, we have 16 of the last 20 games at home. We have to use that to our advantage. If we manage to screw up the playoff position they have no one else but theirselves to blame.

Cigar City

Apr 21, 2012
Tampa
What kind of message does that send? I agree he hasn't been as great as when he first came up, but he's still getting his chances. It says "you're in all the right spots, but we're benching you for not being able to bury." That's not right.

It's similar to TJohnny earlier. They will start to fall again. Like, when he gets put on a line with Stammer :)

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Lol just let me get it out and I'll be fine tomorrow... It just bothers me that MSL doesn't want to play for this team anymore.

I think that's true for all of us, although I'll say we really don't know what the case is anymore. It's all quiet right now, which could mean St. Louis has had a change of heart. I was as concerned as anyone about the effect this drama is having on the young players, and I think it's still a very valid concern. But it's been several days since any word has come out about what's going on, so it's really tough to say what the current situation is.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
So Marty isn't invisible because he drew one penalty, but Kucherov is a bum because he had one bad turnover.

Kucherov made a handful of passes that should have been put in the net tonight, and no one converted. Marty showing an obvious sign of frustration when a rookie misses the net is okay?

Handful? He had 2 passes that his linemates could've buried but he also missed the net on a great Brown pass alone in the slot as well.

He started out good, his line flubbed some chances and they very got sloppy hence why they 2/3rds of that line got benched for a while, far from a impressive game. If anyone on that line did well, it was Brown who did pretty much all the dirty work.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012

Sends him a message that he needs to concentrate more and start burying some chances. He give the call up because Connolly and Panik couldn't score and he was lighting it up, now they are producing and he's not. See if it wakes him up or send him down and bring up one of the two.

AllAbout813

Oct 8, 2007
Tampa, FL
Aside from Stammer and Filppula coming back, we have 16 of the last 20 games at home. We have to use that to our advantage. If we manage to screw up the playoff position they have no one else but theirselves to blame.

It would look terrible if this team loses a playoff spot. And on top of that all the attention would immediately be put on the MSL debacle for causing a 'distraction.'

I am getting to the point where I felt just like last year, where going into a game I expected a loss and if we somehow won I would be like "wow, what a pleasant surprise." It sucks.

Cigar City

Apr 21, 2012
Tampa
Handful? He had 2 passes that his linemates could've buried but he also missed the net on a great Brown pass alone in the slot as well.

He started out good, his line flubbed some chances and they very got sloppy hence why they 2/3rds of that line got benched for a while, far from a impressive game. If anyone on that line did well, it was Brown who did pretty much all the dirty work.

Okay trade him.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
We're very beat up right now, both physically and mentally. Maybe even emotionally.

Whatever Tyler Johnson's injury is, he doesn't even look like the same player.

Obviously

Dec 4, 2013
I wonder if Cooper is ever going to place the blame on the team. Every post-game that we **** the bed he comes out with the same old "We played well" "It's a tough one but it happens"

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
Sends him a message that he needs to concentrate more and start burying some chances. He give the call up because Connolly and Panik couldn't score and he was lighting it up, now they are producing and he's not. See if it wakes him up or send him down and bring up one of the two.

He's creating offense still, unlike those two. Maybe he gets sent down once we get fully healthy, and I wouldn't be against that. Or bringing Connolly or Panik back up. But don't scratch the kid.

Kramerica Industries

Mar 21, 2013
Tampa, FL
If you caught the pan to Bish during the anthem, he looked really tired. This was before the game started.

Really, what would we have lost starting GODlevskis? Now I fear Lindback vs. Miller on Tuesday. I fear. Oh yes. I fear.

I mean, I'm always hesitant to push a goalie back-to-back nights under even the most normal circumstances. That's a lot to ask of a goalie. Especially when you consider that you could at least get Bishop a couple nights off before getting a chance to face one of the best teams he'll face all year? I take that every single time. I know I'm not alone in thinking this was a mistake as soon as the news was announced.

I know what Gudlevskis did against Canada creates an impossible standard of "well, he can do this" but, jeez, if there's going to be a backup goaltender, don't be afraid to give him a run every now and then. If he can go 55/57 saves against a collection of world class talent, I think he's capable of putting in a good performance against a good team on a given night; at least, there's a chance he could.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I wonder if Cooper is ever going to place the blame on the team. Every post-game that we **** the bed he comes out with the same old "We played well" "It's a tough one but it happens"

haha, I think you missed the Nashville post-game. "Disgracefully embarrassing."

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Cooper has to have something against Gudlevskis that he hasn't decided to play him. I can see him not wanting to do it before the Olympic break because he hadn't faced NHL quality but after the Olympics he should know what he can do. It's a back to back after a hard fought game and he still goes with Bishop, don't get some of his decisions lately.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad