GDT: 3/2/14 - 8:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Colorado

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I mean, I know Bish wishes he could have a couple of those goals back. I also know we've got to be more disciplined and not take penalty after penalty. Even if our PK steps up, that was 8 straight minutes of no chance for offense.

Frustrating loss. Felt like we had control of the game after the second, but we beat ourselves.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Teddy Purcell was not the reason we lost last night. The frustration in him is mounting but every lose isn't on him, our D made a few mistakes and Bishop let in a mega softie.

Purcell is a pass first player, he's not playing with any true shooters. Filppula has one 20 goal season prior to this one, Killorn*doesn't have a great shot. I hope when Stamkos comes back they put Purcell with him to try to spark him, if that doesn't do it then we need to cut our loses. Im sure in the off-season we'll entertain offers on him but I'm not completely writing him off.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Teddy Purcell was not the reason we lost last night. The frustration in him is mounting but every lose isn't on him, our D made a few mistakes and Bishop let in a mega softie.

Purcell is a pass first player, he's not playing with any true shooters. Filppula has one 20 goal season prior to this one, Killorn*doesn't have a great shot. I hope when Stamkos comes back they put Purcell with him to try to spark him, if that doesn't do it then we need to cut our loses. Im sure in the off-season we'll entertain offers on him but I'm not completely writing him off.

Yeah, but I can't remember the last time he was the reason we won.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com

Disagree but that is why I would buy him out trade for picks anything. I mean that. He doesnt FIT. How come everyone else on team has higher plus minus? How come our best defensive forward has a pitiful plus minus?

You dont think that is the invisible teddy purcell and his lack of defense?

That is why we always disagree cause you watch something else than the hockey I watch.

1 plus 1 equals 2 I am sorry. If someone does not buy into the system and make it better they are a hinderance.

Is not personally I like teddy purcell am sure he is a hell of a guy. His lack of doing what is necessary to work within what the team is building is seriously hurting us too much.

Why the hell should other players have to do more overall to make up for lack of effort in two way play for a guy who is nothing better than a 0.5 ppg guy?

Seriously? How does that make any sense. He is the worst defensive person on the team. Bringing his C game 95% of the time is not worth others having to do more for him.

We need to send a message. To the team to the youth to the future.

I said this stuff before this guy who is not a beat writer but he got it right.

http://boltsbythebay.com/2014/03/03/time-trade-teddy-purcell/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad