GDT: 3/18/13 - 7:30PM EDT - Philadelphia VS Tampa Bay

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
You will regret this.

At this point, I do not care. I dont care what a fan thinks about us, myself or any of our players, this is about the constant bullspit from a beer league type player that is in the game to throw that "it was a good hit ref, RIGHT, RIGHT! RIGHT! REF C'MON REF, HELP ME OUT!" Its going to end badly, this guy is out there to injure.

Look at his damned track record. Its ridiculous this guy isnt removed from the league.

And threads been made :p:

I am a pissed off fan.

Sidenote: Tyrell, Palat, Johnson, Conacher and Pyatt were on fire! They dictated the game tonight no doubt!

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
Awesome game. Rookies were great. Tyrell was beastly. And how about Carle tonight? Played great. Lindback too.

MSL will probably have his assist taken away, though.

dbieon12

Vinik-Brisebois-Cooper
Jul 22, 2010
It was a good win, but we may have lost our best defender and Malone for a while... Which is a good and a bad thing. It sucks because both those guys are pretty damn good, but at the same time, some more Crunch guys may get the call... Which has done us well so far haha.

Brett Connolly probably Panik and Barberio?

I thought Hedman was okay to come back, though.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Great win for the Lightning. Realistically though, does this team look like it could make the playoffs?

We won two games, but not against great competition. I would hold off on the parade.

Still, it's nice watching a good, solid effort from the team, especially when you see our future on the ice, playing their ***** off.

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
We won two games, but not against great competition. I would hold off on the parade.

Still, it's nice watching a good, solid effort from the team, especially when you see our future on the ice, playing their ***** off.

Flyers had no ****ing clue what to do with the speed on the Palat / Johnson / Tyrell line. They literally looked like 4-5 pylons.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
Pens fan coming in peace...

Hope Malone and Hedman don't miss any time on account of a no talent loser like Rinaldo. Sounds like both were knocked out of the game, which is bad enough. Were both headshots?

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Pens fan coming in peace...

Hope Malone and Hedman don't miss any time on account of a no talent loser like Rinaldo. Sounds like both were knocked out of the game, which is bad enough. Were both headshots?

Both were... questionable. The Hedman hit Rinaldo charged from the bench to the corner and ran at him. The Malone one was... it was close. Malone was playing a puck in his feet at neutral ice and Rinaldo hit him from behind.

Glide5

Apr 16, 2012
Tampa Bay
Brett Connolly probably Panik and Barberio?

I thought Hedman was okay to come back, though.

I hope Hedman's ok, but I'd rather him sit than risk a further injury right now. No reason to risk him on a likely playoff miss year. He's turned into a hell of a player.

Glide5

Apr 16, 2012
Tampa Bay
And maybe Carle will start to get it all figured out. sometimes on those long deals, the first year of getting adjusted to a new team a player looks like crap, but they steadily get back to form. If he plays like tonight from now on, might redeem himself in our eyes :sarcasm:

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
And maybe Carle will start to get it all figured out. sometimes on those long deals, the first year of getting adjusted to a new team a player looks like crap, but they steadily get back to form. If he plays like tonight from now on, might redeem himself in our eyes :sarcasm:

Indeed. I'm pretty happy that I didn't even notice him tonight. That **** cray. Brewer didn't play too bad either.

Mr Underhill

Jan 25, 2007
I don't watch a lot of games from around the league, only Lightning games, but the national announcers tonight made it clear that it is unique to have this many rookies playing let alone making an impact.

Hopefully we are seeing the beginning of something special.

Stammertime91

Dec 13, 2011
No use in ever posting on the main board. Honestly, too many Philly fans and no matter whose career one of their players end, it'll result in this following selection of degenerate responses;

-LOL, nothing to see here, perfect hockey hit.
-Clean hit, your team is soft
-Not as bad as Downie or Cooke
-Who is Gudas<----they obviously didnt watch the game if they dont know who he is...yet they say they saw the hit...LMAO.

I'll stick to just staying on teams boards, its too far for my intelligence to fall after reading some of their comments. Really, I cant respond to each one seriously, it would take an act of God for one of them to understand our point of view. Karma is a you know what, just wait til it catches them.

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
You will regret this.

No use in ever posting on the main board. Honestly, too many Philly fans and no matter whose career one of their players end, it'll result in this following selection of degenerate responses;

-LOL, nothing to see here, perfect hockey hit.
-Clean hit, your team is soft
-Not as bad as Downie or Cooke
-Who is Gudas<----they obviously didnt watch the game if they dont know who he is...yet they say they saw the hit...LMAO.

I'll stick to just staying on teams boards, its too far for my intelligence to fall after reading some of their comments. Really, I cant respond to each one seriously, it would take an act of God for one of them to understand our point of view. Karma is a you know what, just wait til it catches them.

toldya.jpg

Maelmoor

Apr 20, 2004
Stockholm, Sweden
Our young guys keeps impressing! Good solid win.

Oh and I wouldn't be bothered by the Flyers fans, they still live in their past and those "glory days" in the 70's and enjoy seeing other players getting hurt, for a team that spends so much money and has not won the Cup in nearly fourty years I would spend my energy elsewhere if I were them :laugh:

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
Just watched the TSN highlights this morning and apparently we have someone called Charlie Conacher on the team. Must be Corys evil twin because he was the guy who played the puck to Giroux for the flyers 2nd goal according to TSN.

Stammertime91

Dec 13, 2011
Just watched the TSN highlights this morning and apparently we have someone called Charlie Conacher on the team. Must be Corys evil twin because he was the guy who played the puck to Giroux for the flyers 2nd goal according to TSN.

We also have a "Pallet" according to the NBCSN guys. They sure as hell like to constantly rip into us, and they know our names then, but last night, Milbury even slipped and said "St Lewis/Luis-excuse me, St Louis(french pronounciation)" at one point, then "pallet" scored. Im surprised they knew how to say Johnson...Killorn...Gudas..etc.

WeedCrimes

#Yzerteam
Feb 19, 2012
Gainesville, FL
We also have a "Pallet" according to the NBCSN guys. They sure as hell like to constantly rip into us, and they know our names then, but last night, Milbury even slipped and said "St Lewis/Luis-excuse me, St Louis(french pronounciation)" at one point, then "pallet" scored. Im surprised they knew how to say Johnson...Killorn...Gudas..etc.

Let's play a game called "Count on one hand how many good things about the lightning Mike Milbury has ever said"

I'm holding up a shaking fist.

Hell, last night, they even went on about how terribly the flyers were playing rather then how well the lightning were.

Stammertime91

Dec 13, 2011
Let's play a game called "Count on one hand how many good things about the lightning Mike Milbury has ever said"

I'm holding up a shaking fist.

Hell, last night, they even went on about how terribly the flyers were playing rather then how well the lightning were.

God forbid it should ever be the Lightning flat out destroying a team, it needs to be considered errors or lazy plays from Meszaros, Coburn or Grossman. Cant be Tampa forechecking.:shakehead

It still amazes me that Flyers fans think Rinaldo is a great hockey player that "does his job." What goes around, comes around. Humorous considering they spend most of their time playing physical when they are just as mediocre as us, and their goalie plays like utter trash. Oh, but we beat them the first time just cause it was Leighton in net.:sarcasm:

BoltSTH

Sep 4, 2008
Tampa
I surprised they did not complain about the 1-3-1 and storm out in the first intermission. They know we play it every shift, every game so they do not even need to watch.

snowden

Man is matter
Jul 5, 2011
I think they pronounced Palat's name 50 different ways last night.

And we need to keep our 3rd Jersey's indefinitely. And wear them more often. I know we have a pretty amazing record when we wear them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad