GDT: 3/18/13 - 7:30PM EDT - Philadelphia VS Tampa Bay

IdealisticSniper

Nov 9, 2008
Anyone else been hovering over the "New Thread" button on the main boards to vent about what a POS Rinaldo is?

Or even more so, if I knew how to capture video, Id love to post a "which one is a penalty" with vids of the Rinaldo shot to Malones head and the Gudas hipcheck.

Fire Tortorella

Formerly Flyersfan1406
Apr 2, 2010
PA
images

Not really. Just confirming it.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Although I agree with a previous point that the announcing had a certain bias, Gord Miller still did a really good job.

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
Anyone else been hovering over the "New Thread" button on the main boards to vent about what a POS Rinaldo is?

Or even more so, if I knew how to capture video, Id love to post a "which one is a penalty" with vids of the Rinaldo shot to Malones head and the Gudas hipcheck.

So close to doing it. He's not safe for the game.

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket

No. I've learned my lesson of the stupidity of the main boards from the last thread I posted there :laugh:

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Looked like the kind of head shot the league wants to get rid of.

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
I don't know about the headshot on Malone. Malone did put himself in that position at the last second really. The problem I have with Rinaldo is he charges every hit. That charge on Hedman started at the Flyer's bench and he was intentionally trying to put Hedman through the boards.

Gudas' hipczech was so reminiscent of Darius Kasparitis. He's going to catch a lot of people with that low flying hip before he's done I think.

dbieon12

Vinik-Brisebois-Cooper
Jul 22, 2010
It doesnt matter if his stick was over the net. That isnt what put the puck in the net. It was even with or below his shoulders when he hit it, which is what matters when playing it.

It was a completely good, and awesome goal that will never be.

Add that ****up to the refs list of ****ups this game. Why not.

His stick would have had to been pretty high off of the ground and above the net. Conacher is 5'9", or 69 inches, and a few inches taller on skates. Not sure where his shoulders are (but they aren't 2 feet below his listed height)The net is 48" if I remember correctly.

pm2t51a.jpg

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
I don't know about the headshot on Malone. Malone did put himself in that position at the last second really. The problem I have with Rinaldo is he charges every hit. That charge on Hedman started at the Flyer's bench and he was intentionally trying to put Hedman through the boards.

Gudas' hipczech was so reminiscent of Darius Kasparitis. He's going to catch a lot of people with that low flying hip before he's done I think.

I agree. Malone kind of put himself in a bad position JUST before Rinaldo hit him. It doesn't change that charge though. I couldn't believe my eyes on that one. Anyone remember my post? Heh. That was nuts.

Doesn't change that Rinaldo is still a pos.

IdealisticSniper

Nov 9, 2008
His stick would have had to been pretty high off of the ground and above the net. Conacher is 5'9", or 69 inches, and a few inches taller on skates. Not sure where his shoulders are (but they aren't 2 feet below his listed height)The net is 48" if I remember correctly.

pm2t51a.jpg

Im really not sure what you are getting at with this post?

IdealisticSniper

Nov 9, 2008
Lindy starting to look like a real goalie!

This. As much as I berated him for most of the season. He has looked very good the last 4 games or so. Making the right saves, making key saves at key times, and for the most part not flopping around. Thats not the style he should be playing. He needs to play a controled and technical style that fits his frame. When he does that, it gives us the results we have seen the last few games.

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
Btw, how bout that shift by Crombeen / Pyatt / Thompson to close out the game there, followed up by the Tampacuse Crunchbolts PipeLine. That was quite possibly our first 60minute game of full on effort. The forechecking all game long was relentless and good fun to watch.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Haha, Rinaldo and the flyers can suck one. Completely uncalled for but what do you expect from a degenerate pos like Rinaldo? I honestly hope somebody has the balls to just lay him out next time and hold him til he drops his gloves. He obviously doesnt wanna go with Aulie or Gudas cause Aulie tore him a new one last year and Gudas wanted him to get up and fight, but he cowered away.

Ive got to make a thread on NHL talk, first thread ever, will be about the ***** himself, Zac Rinaldo. :nod:

Last edited by a moderator:

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
Haha, Rinaldo and the flyers can suck one. Completely uncalled for but what do you expect from a degenerate pos like Rinaldo? I honestly hope somebody has the balls to just lay him out next time and hold him til he drops his gloves. He obviously doesnt wanna go with Aulie or Gudas cause Aulie tore him a new one last year and Gudas wanted him to get up and fight, but he cowered away.

Ive got to make a thread on NHL talk, first thread ever, will be about the ***** himself, Zac Rinaldo. :nod:

You will regret this.

Last edited by a moderator:

Glide5

Apr 16, 2012
Tampa Bay
It was a good win, but we may have lost our best defender and Malone for a while... Which is a good and a bad thing. It sucks because both those guys are pretty damn good, but at the same time, some more Crunch guys may get the call... Which has done us well so far haha.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad