GDT: 3/13/18 - 7:30PM EDT - Ottawa vs Tampa Bay

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
An amazing game by Stamkos though and I`ve seen the whole game.

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
McDonagh needs to get his **** together quick. He's not meshing well right now. All I care about at this point is that we keep home ice for the playoffs, but this is the worst I have seen McDonagh play.

Side Note, Miller for MVP
Dude, he was your best defenseman tonight. How did he not "mesh well"? Did you want him to loaf like Serg or leave the backside forward all by himself like Hedman?

Reactions: Flat Ronnie

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
What an awful game...just got home. The team was an embarrassment. Haven't heard home town boo's like that in a long long time. The team just isn't playing well. Boston is coming and we look like we are laying down. Vasy was shell shocked out there. He laid on the ice for a ridiculous amount of time after a goal...ugh...

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
Maybe it's all part of Coops master plan to lull our opponents in to a false sense of security.
I don't know that, to be honest.
I think it's only a bad couple of weeks for our goalie. I really hope so.
Btw, if we've not won anything right now, we've not lost anything...so...we've to stay focused and support the team. :)

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
Yeah, I don't get any hate on him tonight.
Got to be honest and say that you guys over react even more than Ranger fans!!
Bad game, but your team is stacked and will do fine come playoff time.
BTW, your fans will come to appreciate McDonagh. He is as tough as they come and just shuts down the opponents top lines on a nightly basis. If you want to see him abandon his defensive responsibilities and get deep in the offensive zone consistently, don't hold your breath, thats not his game.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Second line didn't show up for one of the first times all season.

Vasy needs to be better vs. Boston. I know there were some flukes, and the D let him down at times, but there was enough goal support that this should have been a competitive game.

Reactions: Stammertime91

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
And you won’t get it cooper will be back next year guaranteed
Anything less than the ECF and he should be toast. No way to argue otherwise. This team is built to win now and if Coop can't shuffle the deck properly get him out.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
How to run TB offense:

Have an open shot? Cross ice pass.
Did you enter the zone with speed? Drop pass.
Have an open net? Shooters choice: cross ice pass or giveaway.

A lot of our guys just don't drive the net when they have the puck on the wing. Seems like it's only Gourde, Point and maybe 1-2 other guys each night taking the puck on their own to the crease. That needs to change. Majority of the time the offense pulls up or looks for the cross ice pass one too many times. Id rather see them drive to the net a bit more. Not a big deal though, we still score at will.

Team defense and goaltending has been awful. A lot of those overtime wins were sloppy and since 2018 began, our team defense has struggled. We sit at 25th on the PK. Out of the teams entering the playoffs, without looking it up, it's got to be one of the worst, if not the worst, correct?

They need to be more responsible. I believe I'd faint if Scott Stevens joined the coaching staff in the summer to show these guys how to tie up an opposing players stick.

First one was a blown coverage by Stamkos. Third goal, (the Pyatt goal) he's got free reign to tip it in. We have a huge defensive core, yet a lackadaisical team defense when it comes to tying up their man, and the stick. It's woeful in that regard.

Hope they can get ready for the weekend at lesst.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad