GDT: 3/12/16: Stoppable Forces @ Moveable Objects - 6pm Central/2am Finland - FSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Why isn't Zucker playing?

Because he wasn't playing for crap vs Edmonton. Torch basically said, you don't want to get pucks deep, you will sit... Zucker was horrid vs Edmonton, turning it over at the blue line constantly... he got scratched and deservedly so.

So much for those who said Granlund would never reach double digit goals... ;)

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Because he wasn't playing for crap vs Edmonton. Torch basically said, you don't want to get pucks deep, you will sit... Zucker was horrid vs Edmonton, turning it over at the blue line constantly... he got scratched and deservedly so.

So much for those who said Granlund would never reach double digit goals... ;)

Dude is a sniper. Shot 100% today.

hirawl

Used Register
Dec 27, 2010
Nice to see Granlund bury his chances and I hope he can keep it up.

Even without the goals he was the best player in the game. A fantastic all round effort. His defensive game is so underrated.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Only saw the first.. the box score says Granlund got a second goal. That's obviously wrong - what really happened? :sarcasm:

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
Phew, a win! Good for Granny. His line was dangerous. Dumba looked great too. And fortunately Habs couldn't bury their chances.

It's heartbreaking to see Coyle totally alone with Koivu and Parise. Curse of the Pominville got them? Like that one almost full 2min vet-PP effort. It was painful to watch.

Ok, Parise is maybe injured, really starting to hope so.

Win is a win still. And there were some positives too, some good effort from the guys. Good stretches.

Happy that I didn't see the Oil game though.

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
Btw. Looks like the team has gotten over the nationally broadcasted-, away game-, power play- and playing against the backup goalie- curses. Now we're in the middle of the home game- and PK -(not Subban) curses. Change is refreshing :dunno:

Fremitus Borealis

Flügelstürmer
Feb 4, 2007
The Slot
Granlund looked amazing. That's the kind of guy we were hoping for when they drafted him. Those were two really great shots that he scored on, too; it wasn't like a pinball shot hitting 3 people first, or one bouncing in off his ass or something. It would be great if he could consistently have nights like last night :D

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
He's better than any other forward I remember (from this team) at blocking shots as well. He's fearless in that regard.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Two great shots? C'mon, man! One was a nice one timer into a near empty net, but the second was a goal mouth scramble. Neither were snipes.

Come to think of it, the other two goals were into completely empty nets. I wish I could feel good about this team, but I don't. Koivu is trending downwards just when we need him to be doing the opposite, and Parise looks ineffectual. Coyle is also disappearing.

The fourth line, that looked so strong not that long ago, is looking pretty mediocre, even for a fourth line. Spurgeon and Suter aren't looking very good to me, considering they are supposed to be our top unit.

I also feel uncertain about our goaltending. I don't know who is going to show up, and with what game.

There are some bright spots. Nino seems to be finding his game, and continues to be a pest/agitator. We need guys like that...sometimes we look so passive. Dumba continues to contribute offensively. Haula, to me, has shown he is a good third line C, not a fourth liner. Brodin is blocking a ton of shots, but I don't know that I want one of our best skaters and a guy who is just back from a broken foot doing that to the extent that he does.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad