GDT: 3/12/16: Stoppable Forces @ Moveable Objects - 6pm Central/2am Finland - FSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
WRqmsnI.jpg

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
As I said a few weeks ago, if they don't come back next Saturday in a playoff spot, it's done. This is a very beatable team.

llamapalooza

Hockey State Expat
Aug 11, 2010
Montréal
Christ what a disaster of a season it's been for both of these teams. They're practically giving the tickets away tonight on resale. Way below face value, which is unheard of in Montreal. If I knew any other Wild fans in town I'd be there but I'm not quite brave enough to go without backup :laugh:

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
With Pominville out it's probably gonna be something like:

Parise-Koivu-Coyle
Zucker-Granlund-Vanek
Shroeder-Haula-Nino
Porter-Carter-Jones

Suter-Spurgeon
Scandella-Dumba
Brodin-Reilly

Dubnyk
Kuemper​

Unless I'm reading it wrong, it looks like Fontaine (and Stoll) will be scratches.

Russo said:
The bad news: Jason Pominville will miss Friday’s game because of a lower body injury, prompting the Wild to recall Jordan Schroeder from Iowa. Torchetti said he would be plugged into the lineup, likely replacing Justin Fontaine on a line with Erik Haula and Nino Niederreiter.

Friday = Saturday, obviously.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
It doesn't seem like he has an attitude problem. He looks like he's playing hard out there all the time, at least when I'm watching for him. He just hasn't been effective at all. I'm not sure what else the reasoning might be other than performing way, way below his potential.

TwiztedHeat

Feb 6, 2010
Zucker is more or less trade bate this offseason. It's sad but he just doesn't fit if he doesn't score, like now.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Makes sense, the entire team is cold like Fontaine with 0 points in 7 games or Granlund with 0 points is 3 games, scratch the only goal scorer.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
"the only goal scorer" you speak of has 1 goal in his past 21.

There are better options to scratch like Vanek, Parise or Granlund...(Fontaine is indeed scratched I believe).

Zucker is getting limited ice time...I mean in the past 6 games, Granlund has scored as many goals as Zucker with slightly more time, Vanek hasn't scored any goals with the same amount of time, Fontaine has been scratched (and is really cold, he should be permanently scratched), el Nino is only slightly better.

Why scratch Zucker when he at least brings a different dynamic to the team. Goal scoring and speed.

Ceiu

Oct 31, 2011
Haula does everything Zucker's being asked to do, and he's doing it better.

I wonder how Zucker would do in place of Pomms on Haula's wing. Gotta imagine that much speed could be troublesome for some teams.

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
I wonder how Zucker would do in place of Pomms on Haula's wing. Gotta imagine that much speed could be troublesome for some teams.

The third forward on that line better be fast too, otherwise they'd drag the whole unit down. Nino or Shroeder might be able to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad