GDT: 3/12/15 - 7:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Boston

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
No points for Detroit and Montreal.

We tie Montreal with 91 points, but the Habs have a game in hand.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I called that play a "Cascading Dumpster Fire" in the BP game chat.

Imagine a Chocolate Fountain or Champagne Fountain, but made out of dumpsters, all on fire. That's what that Sustr play was on the blue line, then his "recovery".

That's where Coburn's injury really hurts. Sustr is tolerable as a #6. And he's even capable of solid games. But he's the king of the compound mistake right now.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Boston apperently thought that they were the best team there since they gave all Three stars to them...not that anyone is surprised.

Ten88Nineteen

May 22, 2011
We played well enough to win. Bish let in a super softie for the 2nd goal. Can't wait until Barbs and Sustr are permanently out of the lineup. They are both garbage.

For what it's worth, I thought Barberio had a really solid game. He made more than a couple chance-saving plays, and his ability to actually skate out of trouble came in handy after some of the awful passes the team made in the 1st.

Sustr, on the other hand, was beyond awful.

I will watch most of the game later on, but with their injuries, and Boston's current form, seeing the shot differential despite the PP/PK disparity (leading me to think TB controlled play at evens), and that it ended in a shootout? I refuse to feel bad about that. This is basically a 65 minute road draw, and I will treat it as such.

Pretty much: http://war-on-ice.com/game.html?seasongcode=2014201521002

The top line was especially dominant. All those posts, though...

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
How did Bish let that Blue line shot thru? That was really far out.

He made some great saves though as all goalies do.

Also I don't have the stats but Bish does not look like the best shoot out goalie in the world.

His stats in the shootout last year were all very good

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
https://twitter.com/TBTimes_JSmith
#tblightning Cooper: "I thought everybody elevated their game. We keep playing like we have the last couple games, we'll be all right."
Cooper said tying it back up in 3rd sign of maturity. "In the past that would have been lights out for us. Instead we turned the tables."
Cooper thought Pastrnak goal was kicked but referees were "adamant" it was a good goal. "There was no wavering it was a good goal."
More Cooper: "I'm sure last year that's not a goal. But they've loosened the rule a little bit, guess that falls inside the noose."

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
Whatever, Boston can have their shootout. Everyone in that building knows we are the better team and that we outplayed them, especially in the 2nd period. And we did it without our best defensive forward and Coburn, who finally slotted our defensive pairings into the correct order.

Tonight sold me on the Lightning. We're ready. Only reason we lost is because of the shootout and they don't have those in the playoffs.
To be fair the Bruins were playing without their #1 center.(granted the Bruins do have two #1 centers)

Last edited:

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
For what it's worth, I thought Barberio had a really solid game. He made more than a couple chance-saving plays, and his ability to actually skate out of trouble came in handy after some of the awful passes the team made in the 1st.

You sir have no idea what you're talking about. Barberio was terrible, he played the first goal so bad. Sustr had an amazing game except for the penalty, which they didn't score on so was no big deal.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
More Cooper: "I'm sure last year that's not a goal. But they've loosened the rule a little bit, guess that falls inside the noose."

They did which I'm not sure everyone is aware of so they get mad when those goals count. It's an actual change to the guidelines so a majority of goals that contact the foot will now count. I wish the Boston goal didn't count for homer reasons but it was a good goal according to the new rules.

berlin

04, 20, 21, CHAMPS
Jul 14, 2012
Kokomo
You sir have no idea what you're talking about. Barberio was terrible, he played the first goal so bad. Sustr had an amazing game except for the penalty, which they didn't score on so was no big deal.

Disagree, Barbs played well.

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
Disagree, Barbs played well.

I would not say that he played "well". He, like everyone, was pretty bad in the first. His play of that 2 on 1 was text book how not to play it. Was bad. He looked timid. That being said, he improved as everyone else woke up.

Sustr did not. Nesterov looked pretty bad as well. In not going to make much about the forwards because chemistry isn't instant all the time and the lines were flailingly juggled to start the game. They'll get better the more shifts they stay together.

Sustr just had to be better. He's fighting it right now. Every puck is bouncing it seems and every decision is a beat or two late. He's mentally and physically tired IMO. Wish we could rest him, but that simply isn't an option now.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
Couldn't watch the game unfortunately but wanted to ask how Angelidis looked tonight? Was he solid?

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Couldn't watch the game unfortunately but wanted to ask how Angelidis looked tonight? Was he solid?

It was a Witkowski-like performance as a forward. He finished his checks, made simple plays, and didn't make mistakes.

c_robio

Feb 3, 2006
I would not say that he played "well". He, like everyone, was pretty bad in the first. His play of that 2 on 1 was text book how not to play it. Was bad. He looked timid. That being said, he improved as everyone else woke up.

Sustr did not. Nesterov looked pretty bad as well. In not going to make much about the forwards because chemistry isn't instant all the time and the lines were flailingly juggled to start the game. They'll get better the more shifts they stay together.

Sustr just had to be better. He's fighting it right now. Every puck is bouncing it seems and every decision is a beat or two late. He's mentally and physically tired IMO. Wish we could rest him, but that simply isn't an option now.

He may have hit the wall some college players do. Not used to an 82 game grind.

IdealisticSniper

Nov 9, 2008
Kicked in goal, soft unscreened shot from the blue line bad goal, we hit 10 posts, horrendous officiating(I mean how does Killorn dive in OT when he was basically slewfooted), and missing three of our players, all in Boston where the dumbest **** happens, and punched the Bruins in the face and the coin flip ridiculous Gary Bettina show decided it.

I'll take that all night. Bruins got extremely lucky throughout the game and still couldn't do anything.

I don't care what seed we end up honestly. Although 1st would be great because we are amazing at home. Once this team gets healthy, we will be a force to be reckoned with. 3/4 points on a road trip through Montreal and Boston. We take that all day. And really we deserved all 4.

Keep the process, results will be correct when it's all said and done.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
He may have hit the wall some college players do. Not used to an 82 game grind.

That was a thing last season as a rookie, but now that he's had a full NHL season under his belt and has had 2 offseasons since turning pro, I can't see that still being an issue.

VinikToWinIt

Number 1 Bull****
Jun 15, 2014
South Florida
A few notes:

- We matched the physicality of the Bruins, and actually bested them at it.
- Jack Edwards says "physicality" a lot.
- Bish let in a MAJOR softie but was solid otherwise.
- I think Stamkos has his mojo back.
- Johnson and Kucherov weren't very noticeable, except for a few moments. They seemed to shy away when some of the Bruins players were coming at them, but then again I can't exactly blame them.
- Sustr had some BRUTAL moments but I was also impressed by his offensive awareness at some points.
- I'm surprised by how bad and slow Chara looked. He's definitely lost a step (or two).
- WE HIT SOOOOO MANY POSTS. It's really unbelievable.
- Drouin can't buy a goal, even in the shootout. Kid just has no luck.
- Killer didn't ******* embellish.
- Stamkos needs better sticks.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
To be fair the Bruins were playing without their #1 center.(granted the Bruins do have two #1 centers)

To be fair, I didn't see anyone talking about us being sans Johnson and Hedman last time we played--just attaboy Bruins.

Anyways, we'll have a good series if we meet in the playoffs.

Maelmoor

Apr 20, 2004
Stockholm, Sweden

Agreed, Barberio had a solid game, managed to stop Boston at crucial points and it's good to see him use his skating, with confidence growing I'm sure he will do that more, like last season, that will add another dimension.

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
Agreed, Barberio had a solid game, managed to stop Boston at crucial points and it's good to see him use his skating, with confidence growing I'm sure he will do that more, like last season, that will add another dimension.

If Barberio is here next year, I'll be amazed. He's been passed on the depth chart(barely) by Nesterov. He better showcase for other teams over the next few games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad