GDT: 3/12/15 - 7:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Boston

Glide5

Apr 16, 2012
Tampa Bay
Well, the curse continues. Some teams you just can't get figured out... but given how bad things looked a few hours before the game with injuries and all, I am still okay with this ending. Not happy, but okay with it. A point is a point, so we inch closer to 100, the magic number in my book. Boston's going to make the playoffs, so I don't really care about them winning anymore. I just hope they can give Montreal a rough time if they play them.

Kramerica Industries

Mar 21, 2013
Tampa, FL
I will watch most of the game later on, but with their injuries, and Boston's current form, seeing the shot differential despite the PP/PK disparity (leading me to think TB controlled play at evens), and that it ended in a shootout? I refuse to feel bad about that. This is basically a 65 minute road draw, and I will treat it as such.

I mean, even if the Lightning won that shootout, that wouldn't make me think a nine-game skid had ended. The outlook is playoff-based, not regular season-based.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Meh Shoot out losses don't count in my book and hence they mean ***** in the playoffs.

WTF was with that 10 min game misconduct? Refs down on their PIM quota for the week?

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
We played well enough to win. Bish let in a super softie for the 2nd goal. Can't wait until Barbs and Sustr are permanently out of the lineup. They are both garbage.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Really ****ing pissed we only got one point out of this. We outplayed them, but our crappy PP shot us in the foot. What an embarrassment that 4-3 was in OT.

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
Count the minors that were NOT called against the Bruins all game. Amazing. Then they call Killorn for Embellishment when it was clearly a hold that spun him around?

Then as time is winding down, Killorn and Kucherov get sticks slashed out of their hands in OT. No calls.

Namesy in the 2nd, Forearm shivered in the back of the head up against the glass, no call.
Callahan boarded every bit as hard as Garrison boarded Siedenberg, no call.
McQuaid straight up punched Morrow in the back of the head, then punches him in the mouth as he is trying to sit up on the ice...no calls.

There is no way you can tell me that the Bruins deserved a 4-1 PP advantage in regulation. It's ****ing absurd what they got away with tonight.

All that said, still got a point. Bishop at fault on 2nd goal, 100% softie.

Sustr, popcorn his ass. Guy is a trainwreck.

Can Drouin get some linemates that don't stand around mesmerized by him? You know, actually get open for a pass? Gonna be a rough as **** month if we have to play Sustr, Barbs AND Nesterov a whole lot. Carle can't come back soon enough.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
I'd just like to say, **** the NHL network, and everything it stands for. I ****ing pay for Gamecenter every god damned month, I should be able to watch games like this. Ridiculous.

How'd we look, other than losing?

And it just had to be that little weasel, Marchand...

Did the Bruins start some ish? Clean game? What happened? DETAILS

We were the dominating team through most of the game, especially in the 2nd where we only allowed them like 2 SOG butwe just couldn't put the puck in the net. And then they got two pretty bad goals and that was that, we lost. Guess that we should be happy with 1 Point with Everything but I wanted to win so badly and you could tell the team wanted it as well but the Bruins are just in our heads. In 10 Days time we'll have to find a way to change that at home.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Whatever, Boston can have their shootout. Everyone in that building knows we are the better team and that we outplayed them, especially in the 2nd period. And we did it without our best defensive forward and Coburn, who finally slotted our defensive pairings into the correct order.

Tonight sold me on the Lightning. We're ready. Only reason we lost is because of the shootout and they don't have those in the playoffs.

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
Count the minors that were NOT called against the Bruins all game. Amazing. Then they call Killorn for Embellishment when it was clearly a hold that spun him around?

Then as time is winding down, Killorn and Kucherov get sticks slashed out of their hands in OT. No calls.

Namesy in the 2nd, Forearm shivered in the back of the head up against the glass, no call.
Callahan boarded every bit as hard as Garrison boarded Siedenberg, no call.
McQuaid straight up punched Morrow in the back of the head, then punches him in the mouth as he is trying to sit up on the ice...no calls.

There is no way you can tell me that the Bruins deserved a 4-1 PP advantage in regulation. It's ****ing absurd what they got away with tonight.

All that said, still got a point. Bishop at fault on 2nd goal, 100% softie.

Sustr, popcorn his ass. Guy is a trainwreck.

Can Drouin get some linemates that don't stand around mesmerized by him? You know, actually get open for a pass? Gonna be a rough as **** month if we have to play Sustr, Barbs AND Nesterov a whole lot. Carle can't come back soon enough.

Would you really have wanted our PP to go to work?

And Drouin didn't play with Kucherov and Johnson tonight? What the hell?!

Kramerica Industries

Mar 21, 2013
Tampa, FL
Meh Shoot out losses don't count in my book and hence they mean ***** in the playoffs.

WTF was with that 10 min game misconduct? Refs down on their PIM quota for the week?

I've seen Johnny Toews get nailed for doing that before as well. It was a broken stick that Stamkos flung behind him and it ended up in the crowd. That's automatic. Can't complain about that one; Stamkos didn't need to fling the stick when he could've just dropped it behind him, though I do suppose I understand the frustration of his stick shattering on that one-timer.

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
Bruins broadcast said something along the lines of since Stamkos' goal in the 1st, Tampa outshot the Bruins 27-8. We started slow, but after that they couldn't skate with us.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
We played well enough to win. Bish let in a super softie for the 2nd goal. Can't wait until Barbs and Sustr are permanently out of the lineup. They are both garbage.

Yeah that goal Bish let in hurts. He made a ton of amazing saves though.

With Barbs and Sustr, they helped get the tying goal, but they should not be playing 18 and 20 minutes each. They can't handle it.

JFleegs

Dec 9, 2010
Virginia Beach
I believe this Lightning team could do a lot of damage in the playoffs. They have the speed and skill to outplay most all of the east. Islanders are the only team that really scare me, because we looked horrible against them.

Edit: Need Coburn back for playoffs and thankfully Carle will be back soon.

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
Also - this is definitely one of those games we submit to the dept. of Officiating for review. We got jobbed big time. Don't think it matters since our PP is basically stillbirth, but it's still frustrating when they call ticky tack **** on us and don't call the **** the other way. You're telling me we had a colossal territorial advantage but somehow only had one penalty? BS.

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
We outshot/outchanced and basically woke up after the 1st period. It was a win if not for Bishop letting in a softie. A win against the Bruins on the road down 3 starters(important ones at that). Not that the Bruins aren't missing key players. Was good to see the PK actually do decently well missing 3 PKrs.

Syracuse may wanna get used to not getting Namestnikov back.

CarpeNoctem

Chilling w The Chief
Oct 29, 2013
In The Night
Barbs, Sustr and Nes-tea all need to be in the AHL right now. I think everyone knows that but there's nothing we can do because of injuries. Let's just get through it...

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
Besides all of those other points about officiating - that Killorn diving call was pure BS. He was being mugged. What the hell is he supposed to do?

That call was 100% self preservation call from the ref. His sack retracted up into his pelvis. There's no way that's embellishment. Just another example of officiating screw job we got in this one.

It all started immediately after Game 6 of the ECF in 2011...How Horton doesn't get tossed for one game for pegging a fan with a water bottle is beyond me.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
We looked like the better team, definitely. But it's still a case of: until we beat them, we still haven't beaten them.

The three young defensemen all looked pretty horrific tonight. Sustr in particular, but Barbs and Nesterov were both bad too. Sustr actually made me put my face in my hands on that third period penalty and the play that led up to it.

But hey, this turned out to be a big point.

Also: Drouin is the new Snakebit.

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
That call was 100% self preservation call from the ref. His sack retracted up into his pelvis. There's no way that's embellishment. Just another example of officiating screw job we got in this one.

It all started immediately after Game 6 of the ECF in 2011...How Horton doesn't get tossed for one game for pegging a fan with a water bottle is beyond me.

I was getting deja vu reading that.

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
We looked like the better team, definitely. But it's still a case of: until we beat them, we still haven't beaten them.

The three young defensemen all looked pretty horrific tonight. Sustr in particular, but Barbs and Nesterov were both bad too. Sustr actually made me put my face in my hands on that third period penalty and the play that led up to it.

I called that play a "Cascading Dumpster Fire" in the BP game chat.

Imagine a Chocolate Fountain or Champagne Fountain, but made out of dumpsters, all on fire. That's what that Sustr play was on the blue line, then his "recovery".

BOLTMAN

Jun 29, 2011
How did Bish let that Blue line shot thru? That was really far out.

He made some great saves though as all goalies do.

Also I don't have the stats but Bish does not look like the best shoot out goalie in the world.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad