GDT: 3/11 7:30pm Leafs @ Sharks

Chairman Mallard

Mar 9, 2007
Santa Rosa
Last few games have been great to be at, Sharks are flying out there.

I leave tomorrow for NY to see the Islanders and Rangers games so I'm hoping they can keep this solid play going on the road.

stator

Apr 17, 2012
San Jose
I am happy... Havlat got his point for the week which is all I am asking.

Since I cannot dump on Havlat, I must dump more on Dustin Brown.... he's a dirty sob!!!!

Plowevelski

wuts this SCF thing?
Nov 19, 2010
BASED PETE DaBoAR
47119062.jpg

Dude completely went OFF in this game. Unreal.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
I really think he's that guy in our bottom 6 we've been searching for.

Him and torres is what this team has needed in the past 9 years.

Not only do the other team need to pay attention while on the ice from big hits. But they also need to be carefull that they do not get scored on also.

Ninja Hertl

formerly sharkohol
Feb 25, 2006
The Yay
Toronto radio still whining about Wingels not fighting Clarkson and about the 'interference' by Jumbo on Reimer.

Wonder if they'll ever discuss the fact that Toronto's defense is nonexistent.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Toronto radio still whining about Wingels not fighting Clarkson and about the 'interference' by Jumbo on Reimer.

I'm sure people were whining that Havlat didn't go with Phaneuf even though that's a laughable situation. Homers will be homers. That's just sports.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California

Its also because the Toronto media thinks Joffrey Lupul is the real captain and a true leader blah blah but in reality he's a fragile one dimensional forward who is pretty useless if he's not scoring.

Arrch

Apr 11, 2011
I'm sorry, but Wingels fighting Clarkson means taking both Wingels and Clarkson off the ice for 5 minutes. That's a win/win for Toronto.

USF Shark

Zôion politikòn
Aug 19, 2005
DC Area

That's what Toronto sports radio (and all regional sports radio) does best.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
I'm sorry, but Wingels fighting Clarkson means taking both Wingels and Clarkson off the ice for 5 minutes. That's a win/win for Toronto.

What makes it even better is that because Clarkson was trying to fight him, he screened his own goalie.

SharksFan1

Aug 9, 2010
Orange County, CA
Him and torres is what this team has needed in the past 9 years.

Not only do the other team need to pay attention while on the ice from big hits. But they also need to be carefull that they do not get scored on also.

And if Sheppard can continue to play the way he has then a Wingles-Shep-Torres line seems like it will be a pretty solid 3rd line until Hertl is back.

matt trick

Jun 12, 2007

Game could have been 8-2 more easily then it could have 4-3.

Last edited by a moderator:

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
So obviously, I will take the way Demers, Wingels, and Shep are playing. However, beware that these guys are historically streaky players, all in their contract years.

It will be difficult for DW; these players are all UFA soon, and he cannot offer them a "prove it again" type contract. He might have to pay and accept the risk that these guys might fail. With Wingels and Sheppard, DW will have some leeway in that if Shep wants 2+ and Wingels wants 4+, DW has other options. But Demers is fairly unique; if he comes looking for 4+, DW might have to give it to him.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
So obviously, I will take the way Demers, Wingels, and Shep are playing. However, beware that these guys are historically streaky players, all in their contract years.

It will be difficult for DW; these players are all UFA soon, and he cannot offer them a "prove it again" type contract. He might have to pay and accept the risk that these guys might fail. With Wingels and Sheppard, DW will have some leeway in that if Shep wants 2+ and Wingels wants 4+, DW has other options. But Demers is fairly unique; if he comes looking for 4+, DW might have to give it to him.

I think its hard to judge these guys. Sheppard and Demers are two guys who are basically coming off years of injury and Wingels has shown steady improvement since he's made the team. Also, they're maturing as people too so I think whether they get "prove it" contracts or not really depends on the way they act off the ice more so than what they do on the ice.

hockfan1991

Jun 29, 2010

Sheppard will not get 2 plus. 10 games ago he would have been lucky to get a contract after this year. Let's see how everyone finishes

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
With Sheppard...would he even want to stay in SJ, past the years he has to as an RFA? Would not be surprised if he requested a trade.

The reason being, there isn't much room for him to grow in SJ. On a healthy roster, Pavelski takes his spot; if Pavelski remains with Thornton, then you have to think that sooner-rather-than-later, Hertl takes over Shep's spot. With players like Tierney and Tarasov waiting, the forward group is getting crowded. Would Sheppard be satisfied playing on the fourth line?

Sheppard will not get 2 plus. 10 games ago he would have been lucky to get a contract after this year. Let's see how everyone finishes

Well, probably not for next year alone, no, unless he has a monster playoffs. But if DW wants to eat up UFA years, or Shep has a strong season into his UFA-year, I could see it...

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
Couture's line was also good, but the weakest of the three in comparison. I didn't pay attention to whether they were matched against Kessel, but given he was a -4 with no points, gold star to the team as a whole there. Beyond the goal, Marleau had a breakaway and the shot that deflected off the d-man and sat in front of the net, and Couture had the wrap around.

I didn't really track it, but in the post-game interview, the Koala said he as comfortable matching both Couture and Thornton's lines going against Kessel.

My god though, our PP sucks.

Word. It's like the Sharks can only PP or PK well, but not both.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad