GDT: 3/11 7:30pm Leafs @ Sharks

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Meanwhile, in Alaska....

It's 1-2 hours from now that someone will cross the finish line in Nome. Two leaders have left Safety on the last leg of the Iditarod.

http://iditarod.com/race/2014/standings/

(Thought I could stay up, but I'm yawning too much. Finished one stack of stuff for taxes and a long thing on DVR. I'm for bed.)

And back in the Valley of Sand....

Pregame news/links: http://icebergpix.com/h/news/140311pre.html

After taking down the Ducks at home last night, will they repeat their performance against the Sharks?

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
4-2 Sharks
Kessel, JVR
Thornton, Marleau, Couture, Nieto

Coming off a back to back and with a shaky and rusty Reimer in net, a loser point would be a miracle for the Leafs.

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
Meanwhile, in Alaska....

It's 1-2 hours from now that someone will cross the finish line in Nome. Two leaders have left Safety on the last leg of the Iditarod.

http://iditarod.com/race/2014/standings/

(Thought I could stay up, but I'm yawning too much. Finished one stack of stuff for taxes and a long thing on DVR. I'm for bed.)

And back in the Valley of Sand....

Pregame news/links: http://icebergpix.com/h/news/140311pre.html

After taking down the Ducks at home last night, will they repeat their performance against the Sharks?

My father-in-law used to run sled dogs up in Fairbanks. He never did the Iditarod, but he ran the Yukon Quest like 3 times (which is quite a bit harder apparently). He never won or anything, mainly because he refused to miss-treat his dogs, but just competing in an event like that is amazing. He was that guy who always, legitimately, had a better story than you. Also the smartest guy I've ever met.

He was also a big hockey fan (Sharks and Portland Winterhawks). Your post made me think about him so I thought I'd share. He died a few years ago now.

HOOCH2173

That HOOCH is Crazy!
Nov 24, 2009
Lake Forest
SNOG

Sharks - 3 (Pavs, Burns and Cooter)
Leafs - 2 (JVR and Kessel)

Wife and I started walking last night and we walked to Honda center and man there were a lot of Leaf fans there and that made me chuckle and happy at the same time.

SJSharks42

May 8, 2009
SNOG

Sharks - 3 (Pavs, Burns and Cooter)
Leafs - 2 (JVR and Kessel)

Wife and I started walking last night and we walked to Honda center and man there were a lot of Leaf fans there and that made me chuckle and happy at the same time.

There are gonna be lots of Leafs fans at the Tank tonight too. Hopefully we're able to shut them up like all the Habs fans!

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Pollak reporting (twitter is kinda back) that Torres may sit tonight; game time decision.

Guessing that means that Brown might be in the line up. (Or will the Sharks go with 7 D and dress Tennyson?)

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
4-1 Sharks

Even if we weren't coming off a b2b, I'd say we lose this - but then, I thought we were going to lose in ANA last night too, so who knows what'll happen if we survive the 1st period. ;)

Sharks are my 2nd favourite in the league - was hoping Marleau and/or Thornton would come home and play with PK, but if they are going to re-up, SJ is the place I'd want them to finish up.

Good luck to us both.

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
Pollak reporting (twitter is kinda back) that Torres may sit tonight; game time decision.

Guessing that means that Brown might be in the line up. (Or will the Sharks go with 7 D and dress Tennyson?)

McLellan's comments over the weekend suggest Brown might play, even if Torres plays too.

Arrch

Apr 11, 2011

Probably Brown. I thought I heard McClellan talk about putting the Brown/Desi/Shep line back together for this game because they completely dominated the Leafs in the last game.

SJSharks42

May 8, 2009

Why sit Torres? Bit banged up?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad