GDT: 3/10/15 - 7:30PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Montréal ‎

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ

http://lightning.nhl.com/club/news....s-burns&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
Ondrej Palat was injured after blocking a shot with 2:03 left in the second period of Tampa Bay’s top of the Atlantic Division tilt against Montreal.

Palat didn’t return to the Lightning bench for the start of the second period and is out for the remainder of the game with a lower-body injury.

“I think they took a picture,†Lightning coach Jon Cooper said after the game, referring to an x-ray. “I think it was OK, but you know how it goes, once you take the skate off, there’s not much of a chance of getting it back on.…We’ll re-evaluate tomorrow but I think the picture looked good, so should be OK.â€
http://tbo.com/sports/lightning/bishop-bolts-win-goalie-duel-top-montreal-in-ot-20150310/?page=1
“We felt that we were coming and Price kept them in it, but you just can’t stop,’’ Lightning head coach Jon Cooper said. “We didn’t, and at some point we had to get a bounce, and it’s funny we get the bounce.’’

VinikToWinIt

Number 1 Bull****
Jun 15, 2014
South Florida
We are 8-0 vs. the Red Wings, Rangers, and Canadiens this year.

Detroit: 2-0
NYR: 3-0
Montreal: 3-0

These are consistently listed as the top contenders in the East. If we keep this up, it bodes well for our playoff hopes. :yo:

AJMHABS

Chucky #27
Jan 30, 2011
Montreal, Qc
Well deserved win for you guys.

Must say I'm disappointed in the way our team played, Price turned out an amazing performance, and the Habs couldn't score a goal.

I do not look forward to meeting your team in playoffs, that's how good your team is. I have major respect for your franchise, and Stevie Y built this team into a contender very quickly.

Good luck the rest of the way, except against us. :)

Big Guy

Aug 1, 2013
We are 8-0 vs. the Red Wings, Rangers, and Canadiens this year.

Detroit: 2-0
NYR: 3-0
Montreal: 3-0

These are consistently listed as the top contenders in the East. If we keep this up, it bodes well for our playoff hopes. :yo:

Canadiens fan here.

That's really impressive. I'll take any Eastern team before yours to play in a 7 game series.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Thanks for the kind words. As long as Price is between the pipes you guys have the chance to steal any game.

Glide5

Apr 16, 2012
Tampa Bay
Really sucks that I had to miss this one. It sounded like one hell of a game. Looking at it all, we finally did the one thing I wanted us to do, win a 1-0 game. That means a lot to me, because thats what the playoffs will be like against Montreal. Bishops starting to turn his game on again I think.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
I think he was joking, lol. Regardless Bishop deserves props simply because it can be stressful to keep your own shutout going when the other guy is stopping everything, too.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Price got 3rd star on nhl.com while Bish gets no stars. Montreal Typical.

Bishop was great last night not taking credit from him, but he was not challenged as much as Price was 36 shots vs 19 shots. Big difference.

Price was the difference in this game for Montreal from getting an OT loss instead of a 5-0, or 6-0 blowout/shutout. The amount of scoring chances we had were mind boggling, and they did not miss the net, Price was there to save them. Some great quality shots also.

This was a game where even if you are playing great, like Tampa was, you have to play even better as the game goes along. One step back and the results are different.

geoo9

Mar 15, 2013
rusland
I seen a playoff contender tonight. Now im oficially becoming a huge fan of TB.Congratulate me guys

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
Johnson, Kucherov and Palat were ****ing beasts tonight, Stamkos didn't have a bad game but those guys really played at a different level than him tonight.

The most important with the Stamkos line is they're not a "liability" anymore and that makes a lot of difference. Stammer looks more calm and focused on the main goals: don't make silly mistakes, keep possession if possible, wear down the opposition. Profit.

Could be fun to watch if this team heats up at the right time.

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
The most important with the Stamkos line is they're not a "liability" anymore and that makes a lot of difference. Stammer looks more calm and focused on the main goals: don't make silly mistakes, keep possession if possible, wear down the opposition. Profit.

Could be fun to watch if this team heats up at the right time.

He has been playing great lately. I really think the key is to eventually put someone with real skill who wants to shoot on one of his wing. Cally and Killorn are great but they are more grinder type players, and neither want to shoot. Other team just blankets Stamkos when he's on the ice because they know he's the only one that's gonna shoot. When that line scores goals it's either off Stamkos shots or passes from Stamkos to a wide open player because the defense is fixated on him.

TKO is working so well because all three are super skilled and not afraid to shoot. Other team doesn't know who to cover.

IdealisticSniper

Nov 9, 2008
He has been playing great lately. I really think the key is to eventually put someone with real skill who wants to shoot on one of his wing. Cally and Killorn are great but they are more grinder type players, and neither want to shoot. Other team just blankets Stamkos when he's on the ice because they know he's the only one that's gonna shoot. When that line scores goals it's either off Stamkos shots or passes from Stamkos to a wide open player because the defense is fixated on him.

TKO is working so well because all three are super skilled and not afraid to shoot. Other team doesn't know who to cover.

Ummm... Killorn shoots. All the time. In fact his goal to tie the game against Dallas was a product of him just shooting the puck where most of our other players would have tried a pass to Stamkos who was on the backside.

Just shooting the puck is one of Killorns biggest strengths.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

Cally and Killorn have no problem shooting, and Cally was robbed more than once by Price last night. When Flip was on there it was an issue about shooting and also getting pinned in their zone.

As per the bolded, that is not true at all. Killorn and Callahan have both connected more than once without Stamkos assisting while on that line. The game against Dallas, Callahan made the play to Killorn who then tied the game. Also what about the Callahan shot that Killorn deflected. Killer and Cally work great together already, and their chemistry has gotten better with Stamkos there. It was a different case when Flip and Cally were with Stamkos.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad