GDT: #3 - 10/12/14 | Toronto Maple Leafs @ New York Rangers | 7:00 PM - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarbaraAlphanse

our soft coach got us through the east last year. our teams toughness is pretty much the same as last year. lets not overreact to one loss on the road to a playoff team from last year...

Listen, if I have to watch another game where my favorite players are being head hunted... I'll be sick to my stomach.

Zucc twice last night. Duke. Nash. MSL. (not that he's my favorite player but..) Stempniak.

That was disgusting. Enforcers give star players a peace of mind. Enforcers are the guys that go off for 17 minutes and no loss of fire power is experienced.

If it doesn't come at an expense to our system, then I am fine. Burying Malone on our 4th line doesn't substitute goonery with our system, but it does allow for more physicality and enforcement on the ice in the event of something like last night.

Glass provides help on the PK. Malone would provide help on the PP. They have special skills. They can help in more ways than enforcement.

IMO, Jesper can't play on either PK or PP and make a difference. He doesn't even make a difference 5 on 5. Easy choice for me.

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Im havin sex w u rn
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Listen, if I have to watch another game where my favorite players are being head hunted... I'll be sick to my stomach.

Zucc twice last night. Duke. Nash. MSL. (not that he's my favorite player but..) Stempniak.

That was disgusting. Enforcers give star players a peace of mind. Enforcers are the guys that go off for 17 minutes and no loss of fire power is experienced.

If it doesn't come at an expense to our system, then I am fine. Burying Malone on our 4th line doesn't substitute goonery with our system, but it does allow for more physicality and enforcement on the ice in the event of something like last night.

Glass provides help on the PK. Malone would provide help on the PP. They have special skills. They can help in more ways than enforcement.

IMO, Jesper can't play on either PK or PP and make a difference. He doesn't even make a difference 5 on 5. Easy choice for me.

lol he was in the lineup and it happened multiple times, what does that tell you?

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York

enforcers fight other enforcers. malone isnt even an enforcer...

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
For the love of all things holy, please change the lines, Vigneault...

Duclair - Moore - Nash
Kreider - Brassard - Zuccarello
Hagelin - Miller - St. Louis
Glass/Malone/Fast - Hayes - Stempniak

Staal - McDonagh
Hunwick - Girardi
J.Moore - Klein

Lundqvist

I'm going over AV's head on this one!

I'll foward the unbeatable combination to Dolan.

Wolfy*

If Kreider wants to fight he should take some lessons from Malone. Last night he was lucky his head didn't hit the ice, he went down on his back within seconds. Rule no.1, establish balance.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Listen, if a more offensive version of Glass came along for us... please substitute. But after what I witnessed last night, I don't want to see another game like that.

CBJ targeted our key players, refused to fight the one guy that we have.

We need more toughness. Jesper wasn't on the PK last night. Jesper lost board battles last night... some of the 50/50 pucks that AV was talking about us losing. And he certainly didn't do anything to help our cause, physically.

We were bullied. That team isn't as talented as us, but they took us off our game and could have done even worse damage by injuring some of our main players.

No part of me wants to scratch Glass after watching that. No part of me wants to watch Kreider and Zucc and Duke have to be the guys that fight or worry about being hurt by talentless idiots on skates (reference: Scott Hartnell).

Fast hasn't provided much offense. Glass' defense has been fine. For the time being, between the two, the decision is easy for me.

We need more size. Period.

At no point did I say that I want Glass out of the lineup. I was simply stating that saying Glass has 0 points and Fast has 0 points, therefore they've equally effective on offense isn't necessarily true.

I don't think Malone should be in the lineup at all right now honestly. I don't think a loss to a playoff team while missing a 1C, 4D and playing a backup is really the end of the world. It was a particularly frustrating loss in large part due to the zebras.

Not to drag this entire conversation down this particular rabbit hole, but I don't believe that having players who are big or can fight really has any effect on dirty hits. I really don't think that most NHL players are afraid of fighting this day and age. With all the new rules, you can very, very easily get out of being in a truly painful or dangerous position. In fact, you almost have to in order to fight inside the rules. Guys sticking up for teammates is 100% about team morale in my opinion. You want to know that your teammates have your back, even if its just reactionary. It's about building up the type of camaraderie that pushed the Rangers through the playoffs last year, not about scaring other teams with the threat of some pushing and a punch in the helmet. Look at the Bruins for a perfect example. Even when they were at the height of their big bad bruins phase a few years ago, they had more players fall victim to dirty hits than almost any other team.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Fast is the guy that doesn't belong right now sorry HF board I know anyone under 22 is best option but he's soft and not nearly as fast as advertised

I'd put hayes in there immediately

Wolfy*

He could have been the guy to go after Skille last night.

Well, to be honest, after watching that video it looks like an accident. Skille and Zucc probably didn't see each other, they both focused on the puck. Zucc got the worst of the collision.

I really appreciate what Kreider did for Zucc, but I think he made the wrong decision there.

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
Fast is the guy that doesn't belong right now sorry HF board I know anyone under 22 is best option but he's soft and not nearly as fast as advertised

I'd put hayes in there immediately

i never understood the fast love. hes a decent defensive player with zero offense and as u said he isnt as fast as advertised (barely faster than the average player). put hayes in he has a brighter future and we can stop this god awful experiment of MSL as our 1C

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Home opener. A tradition like no other. Can't wait to be there tonight.

Leafs are hurting and are going to come out strong. We are the better team and need to put them away. I predict Dudlair scoring his first NHL goal tonight.

Let's go Rangers!!!!!!!

AHB*

Just watched the highlights from last nights game. Saw a bunch of people say Duke's passes weren't anything special, uhhhh what, they were both great plays which he made out of nothing.

And was it just me or was the Hags-Brass-Zucc line on for the first 3 goals against and possibly the 4th?

Zucc -4
Brass -3
Hags -2

Break this ****ing line up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad