Dec 7, 2007
Soft euro

bannergdt.png

[FIELDSET="THE MATCHUP"]
2014/2015 REGULAR SEASON
GAME #3 - 10/12/2014

vs
(0-2-0) ____________ (1-1-0)

TIME | 7:00 PM ET VENUE | MADISON SQUARE GARDEN - NYC, NY TV | MSG, NHL NET, CITY TV, TVA

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="ONLINE STREAMS/RADIO"]
ONLINE STREAMS: FRS - StreamHunter - MyP2P - STREAMO - Charlie460HQ | RADIO FEED: CLICK HERE

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="NEWS & NOTES"]

GAME LINKS:

Game Preview - Last Matchup; TOR@NYR 03/05/14 - NHL.com - RANGERS.com - LEAFS.com
NY Post - NYDN - Andrew Gross - MSG.com - Yahoo Sports - ESPN - CBC - SNET - TSN

AROUND THE LEAGUE:

aroundtheleague.png

OCTOBER SCHEDULE:

octoberschedule.png

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="QUOTES TO NOTE"]

It’s just an unfortunate bounce. I saw the puck bouncing. Usually it’s tough for a defenseman to handle and I just tried to use my speed to the puck.
I just mishandled the puck there (on the breakaway).
- Anthony Duclair

I think the effort was there in spurts. We lost puck battles and more battles along the wall than we won. They came out of the corner with more pucks than we did.
They worked harder, so it’s something we can change.
- Marc Staal

The amount of 50-50 pucks they got to. Was that they were a little quicker than we were or they wanted it more? I’m not exactly sure yet.
They did win the net front battles, they got to a lot of second opportunities. They were the better team tonight.
- Alain Vigneault

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS"]

TEAM STATS / STANDINGS:

GP | 2 | GF | 5
W | 0 | GA | 9
L | 2 | GF/G | 2.50
OTL | 0 | GA/G | 4.50
Pts | 0 | PIM/G | 10.5
HOME | 0-2-0 | PP% | 37.5
AWAY | 0-0-0 | PK% | 54.6
STREAK | L2 | FO% | 46.2

Division | 8th
Conference | 16th
League | 30th

TEAM LEADERS:

Goals | Tyler Bozak | 2 Assists | Stuart Percy | 2 Points | Bozak, Lupul, Reilly | 2 + / - | Komarov, Santorelli | +1 Shots | James van Riemsdyk | 7 Hits | Roman Polak | 11 Blocks | Roman Polak | 5 PIM | James van Riemsdyk | 5 FO% | Nazem Kadri | 51.5 TOI/G F: | James van Riemsdyk | 20:04 TOI/G D: | Dion Phaneuf | 21:35

PROJECTED LINES:

LW | C | RW
James van Riemsdyk | Tyler Bozak | Phil Kessel
Joffrey Lupul (A) | Nazem Kadri | Brandon Kozun
Daniel Winnik | Peter Holland | Richard Panik
Leo Komarov | Mike Santorelli | David Clarkson

LD | RD
Dion Phaneuf (C) | Stephane Robidas (A)
Cody Franson | Morgan Rielly
Stuart Percy | Roman Polak

Scratched
Jake Gardiner|
Carter Ashton|
Matt Frattin|

STARTING GOALIE:

ReimerJames.png

James Reimer

GPI: 0 | W: 0 | L: 0 | OT: 0
SV% .000 | GAA: 0.00 | SO: 0 | Pts: 0

INJURIES / SUSPENSIONS / MISC:

David Booth | Lower body (IR)

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="NEW YORK RANGERS"]

TEAM STATS / STANDINGS:

GP | 2 | GF | 5
W | 1 | GA | 7
L | 1 | GF/G | 2.50
OTL | 0 | GA/G | 3.50
Pts | 2 | PIM/G | 22.0
HOME | 0-0-0 | PP% | 0.0
AWAY | 1-1-0 | PK% | 100.0
STREAK | L1 | FO% | 47.0

Division | 6th
Conference | 9th
League | 17th

TEAM LEADERS:

Goals | Rick Nash | 3 Assists | Duclair, St. Louis | 2 Points | Rick Nash | 4 + / - | Martin St. Louis | +3 Shots | Rick Nash | 8 Hits | Tanner Glass | 11 Blocks | Dan Girardi | 6 PIM | Chris Kreider | 17 FO% | Dominic Moore | 66.7 TOI/G F: | Martin St. Louis | 17:21 TOI/G D: | Ryan McDonagh | 27:48

PROJECTED LINES:

LW | C | RW
Chris Kreider | Martin St. Louis (A) | Rick Nash
Carl Hagelin | Derick Brassard | Lee Stempniak
Anthony Duclair | Kevin Hayes | J.T. Miller
Tanner Glass | Dominic Moore | Jesper Fast

LD | RD
Ryan McDonagh (C) | Dan Girardi
Marc Staal (A) | Kevin Klein
John Moore | Matt Hunwick

Scratched
Mats Zuccarello|
Ryan Malone|
Mike Kostka|

STARTING GOALIE:

LundqvistHenrik1.png

Henrik Lundqvist

GPI: 1 | W: 1 | L: 0 | OT: 0
SV% .920 | GAA: 2.00 | SO: 0 | Pts: 0

INJURIES / SUSPENSIONS / MISC:

Dan Boyle | Broken hand (IR)
Derek Stepan | Lower body (IR)

[/FIELDSET]

bannerboysgdt.png

Last edited:

gmerger37

Dec 2, 2010
North Jersey
The brass line has to step up. You guys were our best line last year and opposing teams know it. You won't be flying under the radar anymore.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Hoping but not expecting some lineup tweaks.

Come out strong in front of the home crowd, get the Garden involved early, and let's kick off this four game homestand on the right foot :yo:

LGR

Wolfy*

The brass line has to step up. You guys were our best line last year and opposing teams know it. You won't be flying under the radar anymore.

This is exactly what I read in the papers. Teams are prepared for them, it seems like they are trying to neutralize Brass and Zucc, and so far they've been pretty successful.

Not sure about this game, we were beaten up last night, that hurts. And Leafs coming off two losses, they are hungry.

But I'm always optimistic :D

SupersonicMonkey*

For the love of all things holy, please change the lines, Vigneault...

Duclair - Moore - Nash
Kreider - Brassard - Zuccarello
Hagelin - Miller - St. Louis
Glass/Malone/Fast - Hayes - Stempniak

Staal - McDonagh
Hunwick - Girardi
J.Moore - Klein

Lundqvist

KingStian

Jan 8, 2011
This is exactly what I read in the papers. Teams are prepared for them, it seems like they are trying to neutralize Brass and Zucc, and so far they've been pretty successful.

Not sure about this game, we were beaten up last night, that hurts. And Leafs coming off two losses, they are hungry.

Hags is not working on the line with Bass and Zucc. They need a bigger body that can work in front of the net.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Duclair MSL Nash
Kreider Brass Zucc
Hagelin Miller Stempniak
Glass Moore Hayes

Would be my lines tonight

Uncle Dru

Formerly Kakk Addict
Mar 12, 2012
Hags is not working on the line with Bass and Zucc. They need a bigger body that can work in front of the net.

Agreed...they've been invisible these first 2 games. Switch Hags and Duke...and throw Malone in for Glass. There's things I like about Glass but my goodness, the guy has pure block hands.

Wolfy*

I can see the anti toughness guys are out of bed.

I'll tell you one thing, if this team aint getting any tougher, we can kiss the playoffs goodbye.

Whether you like it or not, that's the way it is. Last night we took a hell of a beating, it was painful to watch. This simply can't continue.

But AV is a soft coach, hopefully he'll realize this before it's too late, or half our top 6 group will end up on IR.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004

One thing I agree with you on...don't like facing the Leafs who are probably angry about starting off the season poorly. They're not a downright terrible team, Rangers have to play better than last night. They ARE more of a run and gun team rather than disciplined and physical though and that plays into the Rangers ffavor

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Put Malone in for Glass., and that fourth line becomes a threat.

that Moore/Fast combo was making some plays and Glass pretty much killed the play every time the puck came near him.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
I can see the anti toughness guys are out of bed.

I'll tell you one thing, if this team aint getting any tougher, we can kiss the playoffs goodbye.

Whether you like it or not, that's the way it is. Last night we took a hell of a beating, it was painful to watch. This simply can't continue.

But AV is a soft coach, hopefully he'll realize this before it's too late, or half our top 6 group will end up on IR.

Noted for the lulz in April.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Put Malone in for Glass., and that fourth line becomes a threat.

that Moore/Fast combo was making some plays and Glass pretty much killed the play every time the puck came near him.

Yep. I hate to keep killing the guy but just focusing in on him the past two games, he kills anything going on the 4th line. I hated Derek Dorsett but at the least, he could keep the cycle going in the zone.

One play, Fast is cutting to the net and I saw Glass take a shot from the corner at the goaltender instead of throwing it out in front to him. Malone may not be anywhere near as quick as the other two and he may be even slower than Glass but he can keep the cycle going at least and be involved in front with his hands.

My lines for tonight...

Kreider - MSL - Nash
Duc - Brass - Zucc
Hagelin - Miller - Stemp
Malone - Moore - Fast

Ideally, I'd scrap the MSL at center experiment but I think they'll keep it going for tonight so I left the top line as is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad