GDT: #3 - 10/12/14 | Toronto Maple Leafs @ New York Rangers | 7:00 PM - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

rpm3311

Feb 26, 2014
does anyone know how to get the charlie feed to work? the last 2 games I wasn't able to get it to start. Trying to figure it out now so I don't have to scramble at 7

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
RangersTown
The Leafs (most of the players, maybe not all) are still not putting into practice what is being preached. From what I have seen, they are not so great on the backcheck and careless with the puck. Kessel looks grossly out of shape and uninterested...I used to support him but the guy is a chump. Then there's pylon Phaneuf, and...
The Rangers need to play a patient game and take advantage of those deficiencies. I'm looking for a great home opener and a win tonight (I believe those two are mutually inclusive).

BarbaraAlphanse

Perhaps it is time to split apart Zucc and Brass. Maybe just until they can both get in a better rhythm.

BarbaraAlphanse

Malone is bigger and far more of a net front presence than Glass...it's a shame that this is even a discussion.

I think a far more pertinent and useful substitution would be to substitute Malone w/ Fast.

ArPanet

May 3, 2012
Kreider pims gave us the chance to see Nash with the Duke...didn't disappoint.

Not been a huge fan of Fast and would like to see Hrivik with Brass and Zucc but with the d men being kind of a mess so far, guess you need more dependable forwards.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Losing to CBJ on the road, with significant injuries, and with the backup playing is one thing. Losing to the Leafs at the home opener, with Hank in net, even with the injuries, is another thing all together.

I expect them to come out pissed off after last night. We all knew, even with their injuries, that CBJ can play hard and determined if nothing else. The same can't be said of the Leafs. Tonight is a great opportunity for guys like Zucc, Brass and Miller to start getting some positive mojo going.

BarbaraAlphanse

Probably because it is an opinion, and not a very well thought out one at that.

It was a genuinely honest and unloaded question towards Auf.

I am not disputing that Glass is offensively challenged. However, what makes him more substitutable than Fast? Fast has put up 0 points in 13 games. Why is Fast's offensive black hole justified but Glass' is not?

Does Fast play on our penalty kill? No. Does Fast provide us with an element that this team sorely lacks - size and physicality? No. Is Fast better on the boards than Glass is? Nope.

So tell me how Fast gets the pass but Glass does not? If anything we need more size. And I'm not judging Fast on "potential". 0 points in 13 games is bad. And he doesn't add anything to the table. Glass, does.

BarbaraAlphanse

Glass is useless, take him out if anything. Fast has been fine.

I think that this board has completely devalued the role of an enforcer on the ice. More size and grit means that our skill players can worry about creating offense and not fighting opposing thugs.

Kreider off for 17 minutes because the Rangers had no one else on the ice that would fight was a huge loss for us last night.

We need more physicality. Especially when we play teams like the Jackets. Zucc, Kreider, etc. should be worried about scoring. Not scrapping.

Glass on the penalty kill has been very effective, thus far.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
It was a genuinely honest and unloaded question towards Auf.

I am not disputing that Glass is offensively challenged. However, what makes him more substitutable than Fast? Fast has put up 0 points in 13 games. Why is Fast's offensive black hole justified but Glass' is not?

Does Fast play on our penalty kill? No. Does Fast provide us with an element that this team sorely lacks - size and physicality? No. Is Fast better on the boards than Glass is? Nope.

So tell me how Fast gets the pass but Glass does not? If anything we need more size. And I'm not judging Fast on "potential". 0 points in 13 games is bad. And he doesn't add anything to the table. Glass, does.

It could just be chance that I catch them, but fast seems to have more takeaways and also seems to make more happen in the offensive zone. Even if he's not putting up points in two games, he sets up good scoring chances now and again, certainly more often than glass so far, and I don't necessarily dislike glass for his role.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Just an FYI guys, our lines will probably be switched around, and Cody Franson likely draws in. We won't know until pre-game though.

Good Luck tonight guys

BarbaraAlphanse

It could just be chance that I catch them, but fast seems to have more takeaways and also seems to make more happen in the offensive zone. Even if he's not putting up points in two games, he sets up good scoring chances now and again, certainly more often than glass so far, and I don't necessarily dislike glass for his role.

Listen, if a more offensive version of Glass came along for us... please substitute. But after what I witnessed last night, I don't want to see another game like that.

CBJ targeted our key players, refused to fight the one guy that we have.

We need more toughness. Jesper wasn't on the PK last night. Jesper lost board battles last night... some of the 50/50 pucks that AV was talking about us losing. And he certainly didn't do anything to help our cause, physically.

We were bullied. That team isn't as talented as us, but they took us off our game and could have done even worse damage by injuring some of our main players.

No part of me wants to scratch Glass after watching that. No part of me wants to watch Kreider and Zucc and Duke have to be the guys that fight or worry about being hurt by talentless idiots on skates (reference: Scott Hartnell).

Fast hasn't provided much offense. Glass' defense has been fine. For the time being, between the two, the decision is easy for me.

We need more size. Period.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
I can see the anti toughness guys are out of bed.

I'll tell you one thing, if this team aint getting any tougher, we can kiss the playoffs goodbye.

Whether you like it or not, that's the way it is. Last night we took a hell of a beating, it was painful to watch. This simply can't continue.

But AV is a soft coach, hopefully he'll realize this before it's too late, or half our top 6 group will end up on IR.

our soft coach got us through the east last year. our teams toughness is pretty much the same as last year. lets not overreact to one loss on the road to a playoff team from last year...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad