Confirmed with Link: 2nd round - #35OA - LW Sebastian Aho - Karpat (FIN)

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
Don't love this pick especially with Harkins right there but we added Hanifin and Lack so I'll have to assume the scouting staff know what they're doing.

wrong-sir-wrong.jpg

Francis10

Jan 28, 2012
Canada
I noticed I have at least 7 new alerts from like 3-4(???!) years ago posts from this thread.

You gravedigger like spammers.. I swear..

E: There was 10 from the same guy! I didn't know I've posted that much to this thread. :D

I was thinking the exact same thing. I was like why the hell do I have so many new alerts. Lol.

That Aho kid maybe will be a OK pick......:thumbu:

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
This is why I no longer question our Finn picks. Lol
Pitkanen is taking a leave of absence from scouting though and being a home dad for a year while his wife is specializing to become a pediatrician.

Though, officially he was a Carolina scout for two years ending in spring 2018, so I don't know how big a role he had in finding Seb in the end. But he tells they played a couple of games together in Karpat, and those were enough to convince him of the level of Seb's talent. Unofficially they will probably continue make use of him.

Obligatory link for google translate fun purposes:

Suomen entinen NHL-tähti Joni Pitkänen palaa inhottavaan muistoon - huusi karmeissa kivuissa jäällä: ”Siihen mun ura käytännössä loppui”

Entinen NHL-tähti Joni Pitkänen kertoi, milloin huomasi Sebastian Ahon huiman lahjakkuuden: ”Sepe oli silloin vielä koulussa”

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad