Value of: 2nd Line Winger to Minnesota

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
disagree
while he is less of bargain compared to 5.x, he is still and elite G in his prime
I disagree. GMs are much more careful now of overpaying G's due to their down potential. If you pay a G ~9M (like Price), you have sucked the future trade value out of him. This applies only to G's IMO.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I disagree. GMs are much more careful now of overpaying G's due to their down potential. If you pay a G ~9M (like Price), you have sucked the future trade value out of him. This applies only to G's IMO.
your pt is not fully invalid, but elite players regardless of position earn top $.

My thought here was adding 4 at a reasonable 8+ [reasonable given it could be a full 2m higher] on top of next season at 5+, that's 5 seasons of elite G starting, so moving Walls becomes feasible.

Of course, if you KNOW for CERTAIN that Walls is gonna be elite, quickly, that changes things. But can MIN know that?

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
your pt is not fully invalid, but elite players regardless of position earn top $.

My thought here was adding 4 at a reasonable 8+ [reasonable given it could be a full 2m higher] on top of next season at 5+, that's 5 seasons of elite G starting, so moving Walls becomes feasible.

Of course, if you KNOW for CERTAIN that Walls is gonna be elite, quickly, that changes things. But can MIN know that?
There is a stigma with goaltenders. You don't pay them 9M. That ended with Carey Price who was worth 10M for 2 years out of his total contract. He was well above average for the rest of the years. But it wasn't good money spent.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Rs are not an exact match as to available 2W.
no spare high quality Ws available/or don't have NMCs
Howev, some possible swap might = worthwhile mutual backscratch

Shesty extend to 8.75 x 4 effective after his current bargain 5.6+ ending next season
Lindgren
quality F prospects Sykora + McConnell-Barker

for

Wallstedt
Rossi

why Min?
it's a step back on immediate F help, but Syk + BMB may compete not next but following training camp
Add Shesty = elite starter, if you get MAF back you have suf depth and can move some of it for F help
Lindgren likewise too much wear + tear to be long term answer, but short term is quality heart + soul effective -> allows other depth to be moved

why Rs?
gamble that Quick + Garand replace Shesty, Walls adds + eventually replace Quick
Rs can then consider moving other depth Gs for help elsewhere
Rossi is an x factor. Didn't blow away but worth keeping. Wild repurpose his value, and NY gets ready player to help move more expensive vets

something like dat…
I think you missed the part where Wallstedt is untouchable. Shesterkin at almost $9M is a huge no.

The whole purpose of this thread is a 2nd line winger to put next to Rossi next season, which you didn’t even address.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
What is the cost on Spurgeon? I think he and Weegar would be a good pairing.
Who is expected to be available this summer in terms of second line players and what would their cost be? Looking for someone to play with Rossi and Zucc on the second line.

Expected Untouchables: Kaprizov, Faber, Boldy, Eriksson Ek, Rossi, Yurov and Wallstedt.

Assets Available: 1st round pick, 2nd round pick, prospects, Middleton, Chisholm, Gustavsson, Spurgeon, etc

The Wild lineup as it sits for next year:

Kap-Ek-Boldy
XXXX-Rossi-Zucc
Foligno-Khusnutdinov-Hartman
Lettieri-Gaudreau-XXXX

Brodin-Faber
Middleton-Spurgeon
Chisholm-Bogosian

Gus
Wallstedt
(MAF might come back)

The second line guy could be Yurov. It absolutely cannot, under any circumstance, be Marcus Johansson. I'm pretending he doesn't exist.

Let's hear some options and values.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012

Realistically he won't be traded

For the sake of discussion, it would cost 1st+good prospect or maybe some type of younger NHL defenseman+

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
What would need to be added in a Spurgeon < -- > Sharongovich swap?

For the sake of discussion, it would cost 1st+good prospect or maybe some type of younger NHL defenseman+
I think Guerin would definitely consider trading Spurgeon. Spurgeon's NMC drops to a NTC and Guerin has to make this roster bigger.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
What would need to be added in a Spurgeon < -- > Sharongovich swap?

I think Guerin would definitely consider trading Spurgeon. Spurgeon's NMC drops to a NTC and Guerin has to make this roster bigger.
Sharangovich ain’t going anywhere. Mangiapane would likely be your best bet.

I only ask because Faber imo has made him expendable.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012

I mean, not really. You need more than one good defenseman. If Spurgeon is expendable it's because he's going on 35 and injury prone.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Sharangovich ain’t going anywhere. Mangiapane would likely be your best bet.

I would strongly consider a Mangianpane and Spurgeon swap with picks to balance value.

I wouldn’t say Faber made Spurgeon expendable. Faber replaced Dumba.
I mean, not really. You need more than one good defenseman. If Spurgeon is expendable it's because he's going on 35 and injury prone.
And because he’s a midget.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad