Value of: 2nd Line Winger to Minnesota

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Could see that. I like Brock, and think he could do well in Minny. What do you think a fair trade would look like?
Not really sure what assets MIN considers expendable. Yurov and Ohgren are unlikely to be moved. Assume the same with Rossi.

2024 1st + another asset? Jack Peart?

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I think Dubas can get a second for Snith especially at 4 million on a one year deal. Vegas needed to clear cap space and took a 3rd to do that. Dubas has cap room here so there is no urgency. Tell me how many FA LW are signing for a one year 4 million deal with Smith resume?
s

For his 40 points? Not worth a 2nd. Go on and keep him then.

Not really sure what assets MIN considers expendable. Yurov and Ohgren are unlikely to be moved. Assume the same with Rossi.

It would be the 2025 1st because it doesn't happen before July.

Joseph Nathan

Feb 11, 2022

Boeser is slow and doesn’t play defense and needs to get paid! He’s not worth a 1st and prospect. Doubt our gm will want him anyway

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
For his 40 points? Not worth a 2nd. Go on and keep him then.

It would be the 2025 1st because it doesn't happen before July.
Could happen on draft day, no? There might be more urgency for Canucks' brass to acquire a 2024 pick as they dealt theirs in the Lindholm trade.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Could happen on draft day, no? There might be more urgency for Canucks' brass to acquire a 2024 pick as they dealt theirs in the Lindholm trade.

Not trading a top 15 pick for a rental, especially a rental with a track record of missing time and inconsistent play

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
I think Dubas can get a second for Snith especially at 4 million on a one year deal. Vegas needed to clear cap space and took a 3rd to do that. Dubas has cap room here so there is no urgency. Tell me how many FA LW are signing for a one year 4 million deal with Smith resume?
s
I'd move Smith with no retention for a 3rd.

Pens need to clear out some cap space and get younger.

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
If the Wild can afford it, Evander Kane can be had for relatively cheap if no cap coming and assuming he waves his NMC.
Get Out.gif

Reactions: NHL1674

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
If you're still a bubble team, sure. But the entire point would be to build an actual contender. Nobody is suggesting you trade Kaprizov if the Wild were currently a 110 point team en route to the playoffs.

Pretty much but this could have been avoided had Doug Wilson woken up to reality in the late 2010s and traded guys like Couture, Pavelski and Hertl instead of signing everyone with a pulse to a retirement contract and shipping out a half decade of 1st rounders for Karlsson and Kane.
The Wild almost made the playoffs this year with $15M in dead cap & Spurgeon out for practically the entire year.

The dead cap falls off the books in the 25-26 season, so I don’t see why this team would choose to tank. The optimal strategy is to take advantage of the incoming ELC talent + the cap increases + Kaprizov’s last contract year to make a run. Tanking & trading away core pieces is just nonsensical in their current position.

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
The Wild almost made the playoffs this year with $15M in dead cap & Spurgeon out for practically the entire year.

The dead cap falls off the books in the 25-26 season, so I don’t see why this team would choose to tank. The optimal strategy is to take advantage of the incoming ELC talent + the cap increases + Kaprizov’s last contract year to make a run. Tanking & trading away core pieces is just nonsensical in their current position.
10 points out is almost?

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
If they trade JEE I’d expect a deal much bigger than the Lindros trade. Not a fan of the Wild but I could see Columbus loving to bring him in.

Kent Johnson, Jiricek, Marchenko, 1st 2024, 1st 2025 and 1st 2026 for Joel EK

squashmaple

gudbranson apologist
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2022
Columbus
If they trade JEE I’d expect a deal much bigger than the Lindros trade. Not a fan of the Wild but I could see Columbus loving to bring him in.

Oh, don't be modest. Make sure they include Fantilli, Svozil, Mateychuk, Gaudreau 50% retained, the 2027 first, two puppies, and a unicorn.

roon

Mar 1, 2012
Minnesota

I am packing his bags - what city should he meet you in?

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Who is expected to be available this summer in terms of second line players and what would their cost be? Looking for someone to play with Rossi and Zucc on the second line.

Expected Untouchables: Kaprizov, Faber, Boldy, Eriksson Ek, Rossi, Yurov and Wallstedt.

Assets Available: 1st round pick, 2nd round pick, prospects, Middleton, Chisholm, Gustavsson, Spurgeon, etc

The Wild lineup as it sits for next year:

Kap-Ek-Boldy
XXXX-Rossi-Zucc
Foligno-Khusnutdinov-Hartman
Lettieri-Gaudreau-XXXX

Brodin-Faber
Middleton-Spurgeon
Chisholm-Bogosian

Gus
Wallstedt
(MAF might come back)

The second line guy could be Yurov. It absolutely cannot, under any circumstance, be Marcus Johansson. I'm pretending he doesn't exist.

Let's hear some options and values.

Rossi isn’t untouchable

Konecny, Necas, Keller (maybe he wants out of org with the relocation) I would unload the chamber for.

Marchenko, Farabee, Sharangovich, Newhook are guys I would inquire about

Batherson / Schmaltz / Pinto I would see what the ask is
Rs are not an exact match as to available 2W.
no spare high quality Ws available/or don't have NMCs
Howev, some possible swap might = worthwhile mutual backscratch

Shesty extend to 8.75 x 4 effective after his current bargain 5.6+ ending next season
Lindgren
quality F prospects Sykora + McConnell-Barker

for

Wallstedt
Rossi

why Min?
it's a step back on immediate F help, but Syk + BMB may compete not next but following training camp
Add Shesty = elite starter, if you get MAF back you have suf depth and can move some of it for F help
Lindgren likewise too much wear + tear to be long term answer, but short term is quality heart + soul effective -> allows other depth to be moved

why Rs?
gamble that Quick + Garand replace Shesty, Walls adds + eventually replace Quick
Rs can then consider moving other depth Gs for help elsewhere
Rossi is an x factor. Didn't blow away but worth keeping. Wild repurpose his value, and NY gets ready player to help move more expensive vets

something like dat...

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Rs are not an exact match as to available 2W.
no spare high quality Ws available/or don't have NMCs
Howev, some possible swap might = worthwhile mutual backscratch

Shesty extend to 8.75 x 4 effective after his current bargain 5.6+ ending next season
Lindgren

for

Wallstedt
Rossi

why Min?
it's a step back on immediate F help, but Syk + BMB may compete not next but following training camp
Add Shesty = elite starter, if you get MAF back you have suf depth and can move some of it for F help
Lindgren likewise too much wear + tear to be long term answer, but short term is quality heart + soul effective -> allows other depth to be moved

why Rs?
gamble that Quick + Garand replace Shesty, Walls adds + eventually replace Quick
Rs can then consider moving other depth Gs for help elsewhere
Rossi is an x factor. Didn't blow away but worth keeping. Wild repurpose his value, and NY gets ready player to help move more expensive vets

something like dat...
As soon as you extend Shesty to 8.,75M, he has lost all his value.

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
Oh, don't be modest. Make sure they include Fantilli, Svozil, Mateychuk, Gaudreau 50% retained, the 2027 first, two puppies, and a unicorn.
At JEK steal of a cap hit McDavid isn’t even close to his value. Don’t act like that’s not true

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Lindgren

for

Wallstedt
Rossi

You are way, way off base here

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
Wild have decent and promising forward core but need to start adding younger d-men to the team as brodin and Spurgeon are gonna start aging out kaprizov, ek, boldy and rossi are a nice base for a great top 6 while that needs to still be fleshed out along with their bottom 6 I worry that by the time it's all addressed you will only have Faber I would look to somehow try to land Dickinson if I am the wild or maybe even parekh somehow or maybe silayev falls far enough but if you guys wanted to rebuild you have excellent pieces to get a haul of blue chippers and picks but would have to slowly move on from those players to maintain a solid vet core the wild really don't have any interesting pieces to entice a team to give up a top 6 player

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
Oh well in that case - Please add Gaudreau at 75% retained for the remained of his contract and another 2 firsts.
I don’t think the Wild would have any interest in Guadreau if they were to move JEK

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad