2nd best goalie prospect in the world?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyFlames

Jan 12, 2004
It is a tough call...I think a guy like Cam Ward for Carolina is very underrated.

TRask

Dec 8, 2003
Halifax
Cam Ward and Ryan Miller are both top 5s IMO along with Fluerry. But my boy Hannu is #2 and everyoen knows it :yo: :yo: :yo:

Big Phil

Nov 2, 2003
I think Fleury is right in the #2 spot. Kari is #1 for now but dont be surprised if Fleury passes him and becomes the better goalie. Remember before the 2004 WJC everyone thought Fleury would be great. But one blunder and he's not all of a sudden? Come on. He outlayed Kari by a mile in the '03 WJC. So for me its Fleury at #2 and he shouldnt be too far behind #1.

JR#9*

All the Pens fans will say Fluery, all the B's fans will say Hannu and all the NYR fans will say Lundquist.

Miller IMO is too old for this group.

MrMastodonFarm*

Jul 5, 2004
Handsome B. Wonderful said:
ummmm...Fleury...easily.
Since you're a Penquins fan I guess I'll have to agree with you.

I think it's Fluery as well, maybe not as easily as you'd like it to be though.

BuppY

xGoodwillx
Dec 24, 2003
relatednews.net
as of right now

Toivonen
Lundqvist
M.A Fleury

in the future.
M.A Fleury
Toivonen
Lundqvist

they are all great goalies and will be solid for years to come. I think all will be top 5 goalies in the next generation.

Vatican Roulette

Baile de Los Locos
Feb 28, 2002
Gorillaz-EPWRID
Visit site
Big Phil said:
I think Fleury is right in the #2 spot. Kari is #1 for now but dont be surprised if Fleury passes him and becomes the better goalie. Remember before the 2004 WJC everyone thought Fleury would be great. But one blunder and he's not all of a sudden? Come on. He outlayed Kari by a mile in the '03 WJC. So for me its Fleury at #2 and he shouldnt be too far behind #1.

You forgot to mention is horrible play in two playoff series, one this year in the AHL and after he was sent back to the QMJHL. Also, this year in the AHL he was average. He was outplayed by about 10 other goalies.

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
Barnaby said:
Why do you rate Lundqvist last? Is it a guess or have you seen something in his game?

Actualy I don't rate him last, I rate him the fifth best in the world.

To be honest I haven't seen him a ton. As impressive as his numbers were in the SEL this year there are questions mark. It shouldn't be a knock against him, he certainly did all that was asked of him and more. Unfortunately it is.

From watching him in the World Championships, I have some concerns about his rebound control and focus. Neither are huge concerns and both can certainly be worked on, especially the rebounds. I also think that even though he was a late bloomer and he reached his potential really, really fast I don't see a ton of room for him to improve. Technical skills, positioning and rebound control are three of the major things goalies improve on as they mature. He is already very good at the skills/positioning so I don't see a much higher ceiling for him. He's also not a huge guy either but his pads have a ridiculous thigh rise, so if the NHL cuts down the goalies he might have 5-hole issues as well.

These aren't major knocks, that's just what I see in his game that led me to ranking him fifth.

Diaboli

Sep 16, 2004
City once voted as F
Shane said:
No, he does. He just listed his top five after Lehtonen.

Anyway, I suppose I'd have to go with Fleury, though I'm not really a fan.

Yes, that was supposed to be the case, but he has a top 5 in place, none of which is Lehtonen. In this list Lundqvist is #5, and then he states, that he thinks Lundqvist is #5 goalie prospect in the world.

I think he just made a mistake, but I just wanted to be sure.

JR#9*

Wally112pac said:
Toivonen.

Lundqvist gets beat too easily upstairs. Atleast he did in the WC against some pretty good NHL shooters.

How'd Hannu do against some of the best players in the world when he faced them? :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad