HF Habs: 2nd Annual Meetup - Saturday Oct. 11, Station des Sports (ouest)

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
It was pretty awesome. Happy I got to meet you guys.

Some of you really really missed out.

That's right, I came home and posted on HFboards.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Johny Budwick is our hero!

We had a great time. The reaction after the 3rd goals (for and against) were priceless :laugh:

ZARTONK

Headscratcher!
Jul 4, 2008
Montreal
I really hope Lshap organizes another one. I was really bummed I had to miss tonight's meet up. The HF Board meet should be more frequent than an annual thing.

Definitely.

It's weird, I have mental images of the posters but they really weren't what I was expecting in most cases, especially W7 lol

Apr 1, 2006
Montreal
Definitely.

It's weird, I have mental images of the posters but they really weren't what I was expecting in most cases, especially W7 lol

Yeah, who knew W7 was a 5'10" blonde swedish babe :laugh:

Had a great time and I agree this should be done again (and more than once a year). It was pretty cool to put faces on some names. The place was great and there is no way you couldn't see the game from wherever you were seated.

Thanks again Lshap for putting this up and (no pressure) I'll be waiting for a next time.

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
I suggest you all come to the next one. LShap organized one hell of an event and it was a ton of fun to be a part of.

Thank-you very much to Lshap for organizing this event!! I came late (right after the great comeback victory!) but still met approx.7-8 Hab HFers...and everyone was super friendly!! (felt really bad since I came late...will try to be the first one next time!). Looked like 20 or more Hab HFers showed up...even though I came late it was really fun meeting some Hab HFers face-to-face!!! (first time!).

We should definitely keep this thread open for the next HAB MEET-UP!! (hopefully sooner than later!!!!).

Cheers!!

Go HABS Go!!!!!! (next Thurs will be a crazy game...our Habs vs Booins!!, but first...Stamkos's Lightning for Monday!!).

I really hope Lshap organizes another one. I was really bummed I had to miss tonight's meet up. The HF Board meet should be more frequent than an annual thing.

Massive props for the great Lshap for organizing a wonderful event, thanks man! :handclap:
It was wonderful meeting everyone, making new friends and re-seeing old friends. :yo:
Thoroughly entertaining night...the habs/love passion and camaraderie was awesome! :D

No pressure, but...looks like everyone appreciated LShap's Hab HF MEET UP!!!
So...maybe (just maybe!) the pressure's on for a next meet up!! (and some people, like me or only me!, have to show up early next time!!). Still...what a comeback game!! From a yucky 0-3 to...a 4-3 victory...yeehah!! (Pleks+Galchenyuk=chemistry!!). Remember (to all those who want to trade Pleks!)...Pleks is our #3 MVP after Subban and Price...imo!! You don't trade him, unless a team is giving way too much!! (an offer you just simply cannot refuse!). Major bonus...Pleks (like Subbie) is an iron-man *knock on wood*.

Last edited:

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
If anyone picks me up from Ottawa I'll come.
I definitely plan to go to one of them, and I'm sure we could figure out a place to meet up. It's a 3-hour straight shot for me on the 401, so if you could meet me anywhere close to there, I wouldn't mind grabbing you on the way.

Definitely want to go to one, just didn't have the funds right now. About to move into a new place shortly and my car needs a little work (nothing big, just annoying little things), unfortunately.

Would have been great to meet a bunch of the HF crew, to see if they hate me as much in real life as they do on the forums. :laugh:

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
I had a fantastic time meeting all of you! What could be better than a bunch of intelligent, diehard Habs fans hanging out together and witnessing an epic 3rd period comeback? It was a great evening! I'd definitely like to do this again, before another year passes.

It was also interesting to see the difference between people's bristly online personas and the polite social graces that kick in when face to face. There were a few "Haha - okay!" replies that would've turned into 10-page arguments online.

Special thanks to Mrs. Roy Munson and Mrs. Crimson Skorpion for showing up and supporting their men. I'm glad I got a chance to speak to both of them.

My only complaint is not having the chance to talk longer with some of you. Next time, I hope.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad