Rumor: 2c for next season

Who is your choice To be 2c 2019-2020

• Total voters

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Possibilities which are not possibilities. Shoot me now If we have Jost or Soderberg as a #2 center next season.

Johnson, Kadri or Hayes sound ok.

Reactions: Mac Attack

atreyuavenged

Nov 28, 2013
Winnipeg, Manitoba
No ruminations for Anders Lee? Guess Hayes hopefully it is. But I wasn't too impressed when I was scrolling through Jets games. People must be enamored with him because he is a big body. Can't be any worse then Soderberg and he's not partially blind to boot.

I like what Jost did in the playoffs but I don't know if we can see that all year. Wouldn't mind Kadri either. He's got a good price but he might blow up again when it matters most. Wennberg would be interesting but he's owed a lot of money.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
We are so screwed if the answer is any of those other than Kadri or Hayes.

tumblr_n2yhpyL47F1rsaq0to1_400.gif

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Voted Hayes but I wouldn't be surprised to see Jost in that spot. If we draft a 2C at #4 like Turcotte or Zegras I guess Jost wouldn't be too bad as a band-aid solution for a year or two if the UFA guys price themselves out but he would have to have much better Ws than he had so far since being with the Avs. Something like Landy - Jost - very good W. Jost seemed to turn a corner during the playoffs but I still would much prefer Hayes. I'm not convinced Kadri is a solution after hearing what RIAL had to say about Kadri's problem with coaches.

If we draft Byram though we absolutely need to find a 2C...Hayes or by trade as the others are not very enticing. I guess Johnson would be OK.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Completely depends on the draft and July 1. For me the #1 target on July 1 is absolutely Panarin. If we get Panarin I think Jost is fully capable of playing the 2C role of Panarin and Landeskog are his wingers. Jost’s stats are that of a 3rd liner but he is very solid defensively already. It’s rare for a team to have 3 legit 2nd line players on their 2nd line so while it’s not ideal, I think having a 3C playing a 2C role between two bonafide top line all stars isn’t a bad situation to be in.

If we strike out on Panarin as I assume we will, I want Hayes.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
We are so screwed if the answer is any of those other than Kadri or Hayes.

I like Tyler Johnson.. In some of Tampa's previous years hes had to be their top line center because Stamkos was either injured or wasn't playing well.

The guy has speed, goes to the dirty areas of the ice, and is pretty good in the playoffs.

TJ, Kadri, Hayes from this list.

If we do end up with Hayes I hope to god we also get Panarin or Skinner. Because I'm really worried about Hayes being worth his contract without some kind of high end trigger man on his wing.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I'd be down for TJ too, he's a legit scoring line center and has shown he can produce with all kinds of different linemates. Not sure what we would have to give up for him, but I think that would solve a lot of problems.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I'd be down for TJ too, he's a legit scoring line center and has shown he can produce with all kinds of different linemates. Not sure what we would have to give up for him, but I think that would solve a lot of problems.

The guy is sneaky good on the back-check as well. Kind of hard to nail down exactly what they would want. He also has a full NTC. So he would be signing off on coming to Colorado, but it also makes it more unlikely lol.

Barklez

Bednar Fanboy
Mar 27, 2011
BC
I’d give 4th OA ++ easily.

4OA + 16OA + 2020 1st + Jost/Kerfoot/Kamenev/Bowers

Too much? Only ever been told he's untouchable. Doesn't really hurt us at all. If they'd rather two of the guys listed, remove one of our 1sts.

That being said, if we strike out on Panarin in FA, Barrie for Giroux seems more like something Sakic might be kicking tires on.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site

Too much? Only ever been told he's untouchable. Doesn't really hurt us at all. If they'd rather two of the guys listed, remove one of our 1sts.

That being said, if we strike out on Panarin in FA, Barrie for Giroux seems more like something Sakic might be kicking tires on.

From what I remember reading, the Flyers basically consider Giroux to be their most untouchable player.

I would also pay a heavy price for Couturier. Guy is a stud, I was really hoping he would keep dropping and fall to us at 11 that year.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
Lets keep in mind that the Avs have 2 needs here. A short term 2c and a long term 2c. Imo the best option for them here is to take Turcotte at 4 (or the next best C) at the draft to be their long term guy and they will be here in 1 year and the problem will be solved. Along side that overpay AAV wise (7, 8m doesn't matter) to get Hayes BUT keep the term to 4 years max, that way he can be the 2c for the next 2 years while the 4 OA and Bowers develop and be a strong 3c (which is where he should be on a good team) or a winger for the last 2. He will never be worth his AAV but if he can be a stop gap for the 2 kids it will be worth it as their ELCs will subsidize his overpayment.

Super simple and clean, is realistic and not really much downside for the Avs.

Reactions: 5280

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO

Too much, IMO. #4 + 2020 1st + Jost should be enough, IMO.

Then trade #16 + Ottawa 3rd for Trouba, sign Panarin, trade Barrie and Kerf for Zucker...

Landy/Mack/Mikko
Bread/Sean/Zuck
Nieto/Soda/Calvert
JTC/Kam/Greer

G/Trouba
Cole/EJ
Z/Makar

Gru
Franc

:towel:

Ad

Upcoming events