29th Pick: Who Should the Flyers Draft?

GingerFetish

Feb 26, 2013
"With their sixth round pick, the Philadelphia Flyers are pleased to select ... are there any Swedes left? Any at all? I'm looking for a friggin umlaut in my list and I can't see a single friggin one!"

"Mr. Hextall, you are on the clock."

"Okay, okay. We choose Erik (mumble)son."

Insulin

Jan 23, 2013
Atlantic City
I think there is definitely smoke to us taking Blackwood at 29. Button has it in his mock and I saw somewhere else mention it as a possibility. Hextall has been very tight lipped, but I just found it kind of weird I saw that same pick from two different places in the last couple days.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
It would be a tragic waste to draft Blackwood 29 when a top 6 forward or top 4 defensemen that can help our CURRENT core potentially win a Cup down the line could be had.

Blackwood to me, has a chance of being another 1st round goalie bust.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
This quote by Hextall makes me feel better:

"We're not going to pick a guy way ahead of where we should, just so we get a goalie," Hextall said last week. "We want to get a guy at the right spot. But there's urgency there for us; we need to get going."

CodyTheHuman

Dec 31, 2014
California
It would be a tragic waste to draft Blackwood 29 when a top 6 forward or top 4 defensemen that can help our CURRENT core potentially win a Cup down the line could be had.

Blackwood to me, has a chance of being another 1st round goalie bust.

I completely agree. There are so many good skaters that are going to be available, don't pick a goalie at 29

Insulin

Jan 23, 2013
Atlantic City
With the Sabres getting Lehner it could mean we have a choice to take Samsonov. I would much rather wait until at least our 2nd to take a goalie, but I feel like it's a very real possibility that we will take one here.

daynus

Nov 25, 2002
Good Ole Saskatchewan
Visit site
I would also add juulsen to the mix at 29. His ceiling is high, his 6-2, 180 lb frame he will need strength and add some weight to make the bigs, but sanheim will need to add weight as well. Patience will be required for guys like that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad