Post-Game Talk: #29| New York Islanders @ Tampa Bay Lightning | December 9th | 7:00 PM | F/W 5-1

islesfan186

YES! YES! YES!
Jul 5, 2012
Tennessee
Need to clean up those turnovers for Thursday. Glad they found a way to survive the 3rd period onslaught. 2 years ago, they would have folded like a cheap tent

Varly was huge. He’s been very good his last 5 or 6 games

19 in a row

Jul 19, 2011
Long Island
really good win.. glad we have already played these guys twice already, only one left. still feel they will turn it on at some point.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
I have a feeling this is the game that Will finalize Barry’s goalie decision. I’d expect to see Varly starting some in a row now.

19 in a row

Jul 19, 2011
Long Island
Columbus beating Caps 4-1 and Sen ahead of Bruins 3-1 both in third. didn't think either of those teams would ever lose (although this will be bruins 2nd in a row)

beach

Aug 17, 2005
here
That was the worst 5-1 victory I've ever seen. Eeeesh. And Barzy was horrific.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
I don't know, Greiss was outplaying him earlier in the year and didn't get multiple starts.

Trotz said this is around the time he’d like to go with 1 guy. If he struggles Greiss will go again but Varly has strung together some nice starts now and it falls in line with what Trotz said.

scottywiper

Dec 2, 2018
That sequence is precisely why MDC is still on the team, 4 goal lead with less than a minute to go and MDC is forechecking like it's a tie game. Wish the kid would start potting some goals
Was gonna say same. You can see why Trotz likes him, he does a lot of small things right. He did some good stuff in third that probably goes unnoticed. Feels like the offence will come at some point, maybe just needs a bit of luck.

Reactions: dood

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
When that's all you bring you damn well better forecheck till the final whistle.
It wasn't an endorsement, just an observation. This is the work ethic that wins over coaching staffs, MDC is a likable guy but one has to wonder how long his leash is given the lack of production you mention. Someones gotta pass him on the depth chart this season, no?

Reactions: Capt Obvious

Uncle Duke

Heads up, fellas!
May 14, 2018
Sarasota, FL
That was the worst 5-1 victory I've ever seen. Eeeesh. And Barzy was horrific.
It was a very Islander win. Outplayed for most of it but goaltending and opportunism win it. Lightning also soft and a lousy PK. Gonna be interesting to hear what BT has to say about it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad