Post-Game Talk: #29| New York Islanders @ Tampa Bay Lightning | December 9th | 7:00 PM | F/W 5-1

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
Didn’t get a chance to watch live, but listened to some on the radio and watched the third on replay. Even though I knew the score, that third period was great! Started out with ‘oh crap, here we go..’ then bam a few goals, an offsides, and then cruising 5-1. Beautiful!

Reactions: Rengi

Axel574

Dec 9, 2015
If you go high enough in the Atmosphere(60k feet?), all the blood in your veins begin to boil and you bleed from everywhere. It's called the Armstrong Limit (clearly not the Bailey Limit, He has no limits).

62,000 feet! I was close.

I need to look this up cause it doesn't compute how your blood would boil... the higher you go the colder it gets. I don't doubt you and am excited to learn something new.

Tres Peleches

Johnny Turncoat
Jul 13, 2011
I need to look this up cause it doesn't compute how your blood would boil... the higher you go the colder it gets. I don't doubt you and am excited to learn something new.

The act of boiling is related to temperature because the amount of energy dictates how much vapor pressure there is (higher temp = more energy = more vapor) but really the boiling point is simply the point at which the vapor pressure equals the environmental vapor pressure. There is much less atmospheric pressure at higher altitudes

it’s the reason you need to add salt to water when you cook pasta at higher altitudes. The boiling point is lower, but dissolving solvents in it increases the boiling point so you can get it to higher temperature

Last edited:
Reactions: Riseonfire

Big L

Feb 7, 2013
CT
body_itsscience.jpg

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009

Yes and no. This is true for the bottom layer (Troposphere), but not every layer of the atmosphere.

Also, you don't need heat to boil liquids, a lack of air pressure will do the trick too. This is why there are sometimes different cooking instructions depending if you are at Sea-Level or at Elevation. I'm down for a general Science thread if anyone else wants to nerd out with me.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Good for Johnston to get a real nice goal. Hopefully it will spur him on

He may be a dirtbag, but Tom Wilson developed into a player under Trotz. Having a legit heavyweight (that isn't unhinged like TW) that can actually play is a major advantage. Not saying he should be a 1st liner, but he can contribute. When he throws hits, the opposing players legit look scared.

As I mentioned last night, Ross is like Barzal's Hodor out there. It's funny how low Barzal's balls hang when Ross right next to him. I found it hilarious that Barzy was chirping Maroon as Ross sat next to Maty on the bench.

Big L

Feb 7, 2013
CT
Yes and no. This is true for the bottom layer (Troposphere), but not every layer of the atmosphere.

Also, you don't need heat to boil liquids, a lack of air pressure will do the trick too. This is why there are sometimes different cooking instructions depending if you are at Sea-Level or at Elevation. I'm down for a general Science thread if anyone else wants to nerd out with me.
Also see: propeller cavitation in water

xIsle

Oct 24, 2006
Montreal
That sequence is precisely why MDC is still on the team, 4 goal lead with less than a minute to go and MDC is forechecking like it's a tie game. Wish the kid would start potting some goals
Are you joking or what? Dal Colle skiped his turn in 3rd period and was replaced by Brassard. Coincidentally, the Nelson line scored a goal, then almost a 2nd when Brassard hit the post (a few moments later).

Dal Colle was only used at the end of the game to rest the other players and the game was already won. Did you see Johnston's goal yesterday? I have not yet seen Dal Colle be able to do the same!

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
Are you joking or what? Dal Colle skiped his turn in 3rd period and was replaced by Brassard. Coincidentally, the Nelson line scored a goal, then almost a 2nd when Brassard hit the post (a few moments later).

Dal Colle was only used at the end of the game to rest the other players and the game was already won. Did you see Johnston's goal yesterday? I have not yet seen Dal Colle be able to do the same!

I'm not a proponent for MDC having a roster spot. I'm simply stating what I see, which is a guy that forechecks relentlessly. He does not do much else, but Trotz has clearly kept him in the fold for some reason.

I did see RJ's goal and yes, as one of MDC's harshest critics It is troubling he hasn't scored any goals of that nature after being billed as a sniper in junior and then potting quite a few in the AHL.

Richie Daggers Crime

Boosted 9 times they/them
Mar 8, 2004
Boise
Dal Colle is playing conservatively as shit. I rarely see him make a pass that isn't back to the point or curled around the boards. I feel like he's got good vision because he can make nice, quick passes... they're just always to the safest option. Maybe he's got a short leash.

NYI365

Let's Go Islanders!
Jun 5, 2011
Merrick, NY

*Sigh* When will people learn??" This guy got absolutely roasted for this video, you love to see it.

"FRAUDS" should be the new motto of the season for this team, just as "Unsustainable" was (still is to a degree) last year.

Reactions: Axel574

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006

*Sigh* When will people learn??" This guy got absolutely roasted for this video, you love to see it.

"FRAUDS" should be the new motto of the season for this team, just as "Unsustainable" was (still is to a degree) last year.

You'd think an expert on betting would be able to make enough money from his own wagers that his "studio" would not be the extra bedroom in his parent's house....

Skip To My Lou

Abused Fan
May 4, 2010
Garden City, NY
Dal Colle is playing conservatively as ****. I rarely see him make a pass that isn't back to the point or curled around the boards. I feel like he's got good vision because he can make nice, quick passes... they're just always to the safest option. Maybe he's got a short leash.
If he tries to be slick, I feel like he'll get eaten alive.

One thing I'm disappointed in is his shot. Didn't we draft him for his lethal shot? The hell happened to it. Just strange all around.

PhysicalGraffiti

Bolts STM
Jul 26, 2007
NY to TB
He may be a dirtbag, but Tom Wilson developed into a player under Trotz. Having a legit heavyweight (that isn't unhinged like TW) that can actually play is a major advantage. Not saying he should be a 1st liner, but he can contribute. When he throws hits, the opposing players legit look scared.

As I mentioned last night, Ross is like Barzal's Hodor out there. It's funny how low Barzal's balls hang when Ross right next to him. I found it hilarious that Barzy was chirping Maroon as Ross sat next to Maty on the bench.

Yes! Watching this happen right in front of me was hilarious. I was explaining to the girl I was with that it was like a big brother sticking up for his little brother, all while his little brother is standing behind him yelling, yeah, take that!

Awesome game and glad I was able to be there for it. Definitely fun to be a part of solid wins like that.

Reactions: PWJunior

xIsle

Oct 24, 2006
Montreal
He can just never get it off, when he does, it still looks good. He's just never in position to use it.
Maybe you're right. But just give you an example: the sequence where Brassard hit the post on a one-timer (on the Beauvillier pass), I'm sure Dal Colle would never have shoot the puck in the same situation. He would probably have tried to get the puck back to the point as he always does or along the board, and so on.

Reactions: PK Cronin

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC

source.gif

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Maybe you're right. But just give you an example: the sequence where Brassard hit the post on a one-timer (on the Beauvillier pass), I'm sure Dal Colle would never have shoot the puck in the same situation. He would probably have tried to get the puck back to the point as he always does or along the board, and so on.

You're right, he never tries anything unless it's 100% safe.

Reactions: xIsle

Axel574

Dec 9, 2015
Yes! Watching this happen right in front of me was hilarious. I was explaining to the girl I was with that it was like a big brother sticking up for his little brother, all while his little brother is standing behind him yelling, yeah, take that!

Awesome game and glad I was able to be there for it. Definitely fun to be a part of solid wins like that.

Kinda like this...

Last edited:
Reactions: PhysicalGraffiti

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad