Post-Game Talk: #29| New York Islanders @ Tampa Bay Lightning | December 9th | 7:00 PM | F/W 5-1

mm11

Jan 26, 2005
Fleming island, Fl
It was a very Islander win. Outplayed for most of it but goaltending and opportunism win it. Lightning also soft and a lousy PK. Gonna be interesting to hear what BT has to say about it.

Are the lightning coasting this year? Pacing themselves? What is happening down there?

imetbossy

Mar 13, 2012
Dangerous way to play - got lucky .. could have easily blow this one ... need more scoring and more speed ...

Uncle Duke

Heads up, fellas!
May 14, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Afraid to turn on last 5 min of Ott v Bos for fear of changing mojo. Seems like the instant I switch on a game like that the team I don't want to score scores.

Hunn

Feb 23, 2017
It's mildly interesting how good we are against the Lightning under Trotz: 3 wins (5:1, 5:2, 5:1), 1 loss (2:4) in the very first meeting, 1 SO loss (0:1).

And that solitary loss was basically 1 mistake by Pulock near the end of the game.

Uncle Duke

Heads up, fellas!
May 14, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Afraid to turn on last 5 min of Ott v Bos for fear of changing mojo. Seems like the instant I switch on a game like that the team I don't want to score scores.
Alright, this is too much. Ottawa goes up 4-1 so I figure I can turn it on. Boston scores literally within 5 seconds after I turned it on.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Best thing about our game tonight was the way we were getting back and breaking up plays. Cizikas had a monster defensive game tonight. Total unsung hero. And I think Varly stole this win for us.

Uncle Duke

Heads up, fellas!
May 14, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Best thing about our game tonight was the way we were getting back and breaking up plays. Cizikas had a monster defensive game tonight. Total unsung hero. And I think Varly stole this win for us.
In other words, a typical Islander game.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
'Must Win' prevailed. Every game is a 'must win,' according to 'Coach Trotz.'

Anyway, Tampa looked in shambles in their own end; Isles capitalized.

Varly played well. The win illustrated the balanced scoring. But against a superior defensive team; I'm not so sure.

Reactions: Mr Misunderstood

Poulin 0n My St1ck

Oct 18, 2010
Long day at work - worked all night and missed this gem. My family texted me "5-1" in our group chat, so I automatically assumed we were getting spanked, but what a pleasant surprise to find out that I was wrong.

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
That second Brock Nelson goal only has a chance of happening because of some excellent reverses behind the Isles goal by their defenseman.

I believe it was Pelech and Pulock. No assist for either... but an excellent example of all the little things that go into a successful team.

Reactions: dood

buud

Ping Pong Predator
Oct 3, 2017
43N -79
great game from Varly, Zeeky, Beau, Nelson, Bailey. the entire team played strong, defensively. PK was excellent (the penalty kill, and the poster. Happy B'day PK!).

the defence seemed to struggle with the different pairings, but i think that we need to get out of that comfort zone that they seemed to be in. get used to different pairings, because it will be tested down the stretch and in PO's. still would like to see a gritty, bottom pairing, LHD, added soon.

Ross played well, disciplined. we need that from him, especially if he's getting spot duty, riding shotgun with Barzy.

solid game all around. gotta keep it up.

TB still aren't firing on all cylinders, but still, got to give our boys mucho props for a hard fought battle.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->