GDT: #29 | New York Islanders @ St. Louis Blues | December 5th | 8pm | F/L 5-1

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
Bouwmeester is also playing with a stud dman.

I can assure you it's a mutually beneficial scenario for TWO stud defensemen. Bouwmeester has been fantastic since he was acquired and Calgary fans can tell you how badly he was misused prior to his last season there. Plus skater, strong 1vs1 defensive play, quick outlets(skating or passing) and a quiet weapon on the PP.

camper*

8 losses in a row. How many did it take for Gordo to lose his position?

And we are tied for third worst place with Florida - a team that decided it is playing so poorly they will trade everyone.

Maybe that's the tack to take now. This season is done.

:shakehead….have faith…the fat lady's only clearing her throat….think I'm going to catch the red eye..San Diego here i come…lacquer up these white bones..fire up the LT 5…grab a bottle of worm..few pt stops in La Jolla/Laguna/Dana pt…..catch the L.A. game..if we lose..report the car stolen…sell the condo get some of those reds and yellows old ledzep is taking …and live on the streets in my Islander jersey(away jersey). Just kidding about everything after the L.A. game:laugh:

Its not that bad…and you were right ….Oh learned one…;) I just had gas

enigmatic

Fire me please
Jul 7, 2009
nyc
JT looks like he's about to punch someone in his interview.....though i think el capitan has to take some blame as well......

Barzaltrick

The New York Saints
Jan 18, 2011
Why would anyone want Capuano to get fired? Our chances of drafting in the top 3 go down drastically if we were to hire an NHL caliber coach. As far as I'm concerned, this season is over. Put it in the books! Let's stockpile the draft picks and hit the reset button next season.

BigWorm

Mar 10, 2013
Why would anyone want Capuano to get fired? Our chances of drafting in the top 3 go down drastically if we were to hire an NHL caliber coach. As far as I'm concerned, this season is over. Put it in the books! Let's stockpile the draft picks and hit the reset button next season.

You're probably right but I want to win. I want too enjoy watching the games. 21 years and counting for a playoff series win.

Wang can't sell soon enough.

fnfelon

Oct 12, 2013
Long Island
Damn them... they have slowly sucked whatever love I have for this Game right out of me. To play these nit wits night after night, and seeing the same results night after night, didn't Einstein equate that with insanity?

Nova Scotia Islander

Sep 24, 2011
Halifax, Nova Scotia
I am lost for words lol not really but here it goes. The team has had the life sucked out of them by a coach that does nothing to motivate a team or he cant motivate them. Stop dressing the guys that are crapping the bed and dress the guys that show passion for the game and work none stop. My opinion is brock should be in every game until he craps the bed but he is consistant as a rookie and looking good. Boulton should be in he has played awesome as well as Brock.. Both those guys have passion. Tonight my point being made about you cant have Carkner fighting and getting 17 mins in pims you go down to 5 D which is taxing on them. Not saying Carkner would help them but rest is rest. Carkner needs to change his game. He has to hit everything that moves and punish forwards. If Carkner hit like Martin or Clutterbuck not a forward in the league would win a battle for the puck. Cappy is dressing the softest pillow biting team possible everynight. Dress the guys that have been sitting out not saying we will win everygame but as a fans perspective watching a team play with passion is better then watching a team that doesnt give SFA.

Skip To My Lou

Abused Fan
May 4, 2010
Garden City, NY
One of the few bright spots was de Haan. I've really been impressed with the kid.

The first line is getting chances, but that's about it.

PMB/Regin are useless. I used to be on the "Regin isn't bad bandwagon," but I'm off it. They need to go, and Snow needs to swallow his pride and get rid of em both. It's a shame, considering the rook Nelson who's playing his ass off and doing well at it, has to sit and watch his team lose, and can't do anything about it.

You don't get better by sitting. You get better by playing games and gaining the experience. Why do you think Detroit's organization has been such a success? Because they actually PLAY the rookies who deserve it. At this point, I'm pretty freakin' surprised Cappy hasn't put in Martinek for de Haan.

Absurd. It just seems like this team just wants to lose, with how they've been treating the players.

moolah3i4

Long Live The Note.
May 23, 2010
St. Louis
No disrespect to any Isles fans!! When I was at the game the only player that caught my eye was Matt Martin, he's was laying hits left and right, and mixing it up.

redbull

Boss
Mar 24, 2008
No disrespect to any Isles fans!! When I was at the game the only player that caught my eye was Matt Martin, he's was laying hits left and right, and mixing it up.

Did you notice anyone else? Cuz we didn't.

Martin's a gem. But on this team, he won't get any respect as the losses pile.

Hipietro

Sep 3, 2006
Long Island
I don't know why but this loss is irritating me so much. I can't get it off my mind.

I can't believe we're ****ing 8-16-5, after all the expectations going in. Last place again. So ****ing embarrassing.

Worst part is that we expect to lose. Everyone just expects to lose every game on this road trip and its so pathetic. GM trades for Vanek claiming the team is under performing and can do better. Now after eight straight losses, he's nowhere to be seen.

I'm not even going to talk about the coach.

I don't know man. I'm not usually one to be pessimistic, the sky is falling type, etc. but I hope everyone enjoyed the playoffs last year because I don't think we're gonna be back there for a while.

JTforPres2012

Feb 12, 2012
It's really no fun anymore...

Exactly. Do you remember how exciting this team was just a few MONTHS ago? Now, I'll be watching the game and just see our 2nd, 3rd and 4th line out there and just have no expectation that they'll score.

Grabner hasn't scored since the first game!!! Remember when we were talking about his breakaway countdown? Now, this guy can't even get one to miss if his life depended on it.

NYrisles

Mar 14, 2013
CT
What in gods name is garth waiting for!? CLEARLY there is a disconnect this teams it's not some sort of fluke we look like **** from top to bottom for the past 15 games. DO SOMETHING YOU IDIOT!

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
I just realized...

They just got killed out there!

"I don't feel like we're being dominated, despite our record." - Jack Capuano, post game. :shakehead

Last edited:

Isles1

Nov 8, 2010
Nassau County, L.I.
Well I am truly done, can't watch another game until something big happens with this organization....just to painful to watch, not worth the added anxiety.

Hockey season is practically done for me, and time to put my time to better use.

Highlights only for me from here on in......

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad