GDT: #29 | New York Islanders @ St. Louis Blues | December 5th | 8pm | F/L 5-1

redbull

Boss
Mar 24, 2008
i don't know what everyone is so angry about...MANY posters were fine with snow's inaction this summer. as a matter of fact, i remember phrases like, "we may take a step back this year by not replacing guys like streit, but we'll be better for it in the long run."
Step back, yes. But twenty steps back? That's almost like tiring around and going home.

Nobody expected this disaster.

islandermaniac

Feb 27, 2002
I don't recall the "step back" posts, but, if you were saying that, you're the MAN! I never thought this would be our season. I thought we finally turned the corner. I was wrong.

nope, not me. but i just find it funny that everyone is up in arms now when posts like that were frequent during the summer of inaction. i mean, what did people really expect? no goaltending depth and no defensive depth over an 82 game season = trouble. i'm glad the isles will at least be able to land a good young player with our first round pick this summer...oh wait...scratch that :shakehead

19NYSports91

Feb 1, 2012
Long Island
Step back, yes. But twenty steps back? That's almost like tiring around and going home.

You can't expect Visnovsky and Strait to be out for more than 70% of the games. Everyone knew the defense was mediocre to begin with. I wanted them to get a top 4 dman in the summer, that didn't happen, nothing we could do about it.

lacunacoil777

Feb 11, 2013
Actually it wont get better this year. This team was a 8th place team anyway if everyone important stayed healthy. This is the NHL. IF you need everyone to stay healthy to make the playoffs your probably will make the playoffs once every six years like the islanders do.

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
Can Cappy at least pretend to be pissed? Or does he think that if he shows emotion the front office will think he's 'losing it', and he'll get canned?

It's frustrating when you lose 5-1 and your HC only wants to point out the positives and blame the goals against on bad luck("Hickey lost his stick there; nothing you can do").

islandermaniac

Feb 27, 2002

people gave snow an inch because the team made the playoffs. he took a yard by doing nothing. again, what did people really think was going to happen over an 82 game schedule given a lack of depth on d and in goal?

mygameworn

Dec 24, 2007
Connecticut
mygameworn.net
Can Cappy at least pretend to be pissed? Or does he think that if he shows emotion the front office will think he's 'losing it', and he'll get canned?

It's frustrating when you lose 5-1 and your HC only wants to point out the positives and blame the goals against on bad luck("Hickey lost his stick there; nothing you can do").

x2, he has zero emotion and neither does his team.

Sheva7

Work Hahd Play Smaht
Oct 11, 2011
Man, when is it gonna sink in???

Earth to Garth! For **** sakes! Fire the ****en coach!

scott99

May 13, 2005
Sabres fan dropping in here. Even though I'm really happy with this deal from our end, I'd still like to remind you guys that, even though it looks really bad right now, it WILL turn around, your top D-man is injured, Strait is also injured, Nabby aswell, lots of key guys out and when they come back they will have a positive effect on this team. Where do you guys stand on the top 10 condition in the trade? What is your limit defer, as a sabres fan I'd love to get two top 10 picks this year or two shots at McDavid next year (if you guys don't make the playoffs that is) Thoughts? Thanks.
Keep your heads up

Islanders will be picking in the top 5 this year. You guys will be getting our #1 pick in 2015. With the addition of some talent next year, Strome, Lee, some of our defensive prospects, and new goalies, we will probably be close to a playoff team next year. Sorry, you won't be getting McDavid from our pick next year. You're gonna have to suck enough on your own.

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
8 losses in a row. How many did it take for Gordo to lose his position?

And we are tied for third worst place with Florida - a team that decided it is playing so poorly they will trade everyone.

Maybe that's the tack to take now. This season is done.

islandermaniac

Feb 27, 2002
You can't expect Visnovsky and Strait to be out for more than 70% of the games. Everyone knew the defense was mediocre to begin with. I wanted them to get a top 4 dman in the summer, that didn't happen, nothing we could do about it.

losing strait doesn't matter as he is a bottom tier nhl d-man. losing visnovsky was VERY predictable. nothing that could be done about it? i'll disagree. how about keep moulson and trade the first and second round pick for a d-man or a goalie? there was PLENTY that could have been done.

19NYSports91

Feb 1, 2012
Long Island
losing strait doesn't matter as he is a bottom tier nhl d-man. losing visnovsky was VERY predictable. nothing that could be done about it? i'll disagree. how about keep moulson and trade the first and second round pick for a d-man or a goalie? there was PLENTY that could have been done.

Nothing as in WE the fans.

Barzaltrick

The New York Saints
Jan 18, 2011
Let's just hope that the Sabres start winning. The first overall pick is well within reach.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad