Post-Game Talk: #27| Vegas Golden Knights @ New York Islanders | December 5th | 7:00 PM | F/OTW 3-2

The Lighthouse

Aug 1, 2011
Anyone else love this fisherman Face logo ? I like it. Looks slick. Wouldn’t mind a modern fisherman alternate that featured this logo with “islanders” underneath

I want a third jersey with the lighthouse logo. I'm a bit biased considering my username and icon, but I also wouldn't mind the fisherman as a third.

Reactions: xECK29x

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
A lot more open style, I think Brassard struggles as a center he should be Komarov's spot. Johnston not bad in that role with Barzal I would roll that again against Dallas. Lee and Eberle need a center.

I thought our best player on the ice was Beau and he has been a lot. Mayfield really has improved his game, I never anticipated him being a good player but he is.

I like that Glass kid a lot on Vegas and Nate Schmidt and Shea Theodore are solid dmen... Fun game.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
I love the Vegas team. Gallant is an excellent coach and the players are really good. Good luck the rest of the year.

I'm glad NYI seem to be doing better all around after the drama of a few years ago.

They showed the plans for the Belmont Arena on the Vegas feed and those lighthouse windows look so awesome. Great design.

benedictTavares

JT's PJ's'
Jan 15, 2013
Scottsdale
Do you think Gallant mastered his hockey knowledge on the Uniondale bench under Flash Gordon LOL

Gallant is a legend he gave us the greatest hockey coach GIF in the history of hockey.

DifferentOpulentDuckling-size_restricted.gif

Reactions: dood and xECK29x

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
Top to bottom, one of the best games of the year. IMHO, they deserved another 2 goals. Controlled play, and stifled Vegas' transition game. Much deserved 2; too bad they won't play with that kind of intensity all year.

Everyone played well, had their skating legs. Toews was strong defensively. His mobility and reach change the dynamics of the game.

Was dying to see Ross v. Reaves. Two of the best fighters in the game.

Reactions: xECK29x

buud

Ping Pong Predator
Oct 3, 2017
43N -79
was holding my breath for the 1st few minutes. MM getting hurt (AND no penalty... :thumbd: ) while we seemed a bit flat footed. holy Jebus, Vegas has a big team! and make no Bones about it, they will be tougher with Fleury between the pipes. they are built for the PO's, although they could use a bit more skill up front. we seemed to have the advantage, speed wise. thankfully.

after MM came back and rattled a few bones, the intensity ramped up. Varly seemed to take a bit to settle in, but looked more comfortable as the game went on. Beau is waaaaay better than last year. i would bet that him and Barzal are pushing each other, and it shows. exciting game, and at times, i thought i was watching OT, lol. back and forth, wide open.

we played disciplined, and minimized our errors for the most part, but boy, were there a few doozy giveaways. always something to work on...

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
One of their more complete games in recent weeks.

With the start the team had, they really only need to play .500 hockey for the rest of the regular season to be playoff bound.

Last edited:

mm11

Jan 26, 2005
Fleming island, Fl
old man Lou has us in position to make a move in the spring to actually be better. Getting a 3rd line center is not the hardest spot to fill and who knows maybe a rental that can give our PP weapon is in the cards. Anyway, looking forward to how the season unfolds. LGI.

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
The kind of thinking that makes me want to puke.

No worries, Trotz won't have them thinking that way.

And I should have worded it differently, because I mean that hardly a team in NHL history has rolled off 17 wins in the first 22 games and missed the playoffs. Going .500 from here on out will be sufficient in at least making the show.

Reactions: Strummergas

Shot of Bailey

Apr 9, 2013
PEI, Canada
Looks like Barzal is rubbing off on Beau. His skating and stick handling are a notch or two higher than last year.
I was going to say the same thing. Beau looks so confident with the puck this year...even a little (I said little) harder to knock off the puck. I'll also add, if Lou could ever bring in a Taylor Hall type winger to play with Barzal, I could see Big Ross play on the other wing....remind anyone of a good line we use to have. Little easier for Barzal to play with an edge with 6'5 Ross flanking him haha

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
What a fun game.

Whenever I see Vegas, I still can't believe that Florida gave up both Marchessault and Smith. They are both really fun to watch. Whenever Smith has the puck I brace for a goal against - lingering memories from the 2016 playoffs vs. Florida.

Reactions: davinhimself

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad