Post-Game Talk: #27 | Flyers at Avalanche | December 9, 2023 | Flyers win 5-2

Jettany

Feb 21, 2018
Rough day? Sending positive vibes your way.
Only rough things these days are getting older. But beats the alternative. Not many rough days for a long while now but thanks. I’ve been blessed.

Jettany

Feb 21, 2018
and that's the problem..if there are rumors someone is giving you that right now..you take it..they won't because they are in a win-now mode no matter what they say their plan is..hell you take a 3rd or a 4th even cause you know why..he was a throw-in..he is free assets at this moment
You are briere...right now you take a 4th for walker? I don’t.

Jettany

Feb 21, 2018
Then they still aren't contenders and you show some restraint and forward thinking for the first time since Keith Allen retired, sell, and keep building for the real future which is Michkov.
Yes. Sell the guys we/I have mentioned. Agreed. But I do laugh…aren’t these the same guys that many on this board think are horrible? Shouldn’t that help with the tank? Them being in the line-up? Seeler is a # 7 at best. If he plays shouldn’t that help the tank? He’s bad.

i do cause he really isn't in my future plans..you are thinking hey he is gonna keep this up..what if he doesnt? what if he gets hurt? then your SOL

but a 4th isn't what is being tossed around RIGHT NOW..
You said a 4th. I am not thinking that at all. But I do think him as a #6 on a reasonable contract is better than a 4th…my opinion.

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
Yes. Sell the guys we/I have mentioned. Agreed. But I do laugh…aren’t these the same guys that many on this board think are horrible? Shouldn’t that help with the tank? Them being in the line-up? Seeler is a # 7 at best. If he plays shouldn’t that help the tank? He’s bad.

You said a 4th. I am not thinking that at all. But I do think him as a #6 on a reasonable contract is better than a 4th…my opinion.
i don't think keeping a 29 year old who needs a contract is better than a even a 4th if it is at the TDL whether we are on the bubble or not

point is there are picks being supposedly discussed now..do you really want to keep a 29 year old playing lights out and having to pay him something silly to retain in hopes he keeps it up or do you ship him off for an asset since you are playing with free money..i take the asset..4th is probably about as low as i would go but in the long run it doesn't matter..they are gonna be buyers at the TDL anyway..because again..it was never a rebuild

Jettany

Feb 21, 2018
stop signing/playing aging vets.. trade roster players with value for picks...

play EVERY young player you have all season to what you have.

100% trade Hart for max value.

then whatever happens win/loss over the season who cares..the point is to be building a foundation of play for the future..

but hey lets just keep the vets we have cuz we owe it to them to try to win.. cuz its been working so well these last 50 years
Just a question about your rant, where did I say not to trade the vets? In fact it’s exactly what I said to do.

can we get a like from the peanut gallery!

i don't think keeping a 29 year old who needs a contract is better than a even a 4th if it is at the TDL whether we are on the bubble or not

point is there are picks being supposedly discussed now..do you really want to keep a 29 year old playing lights out and having to pay him something silly to retain in hopes he keeps it up or do you ship him off for an asset since you are playing with free money..i take the asset..4th is probably about as low as i would go but in the long run it doesn't matter..they are gonna be buyers at the TDL anyway..because again..it was never a rebuild
Of course they will be buyers.

Ironmanrulez

#nEvErrEbUiLd #nEvErpLaYyOuTh #nEverpLaYsKiLL
Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
so will those that are happy with the winning, which ultimately i would say i am not unhappy they are winning..its good after being lousy for a few years now..BUT...

will they be happy when we are like the Sixers were..get in but do..nothing..just because we have guys playing well and are garnering interest and that we are in second at the moment and may make the playoffs(lot of maybes there actually) they should still trade off guys that aren't going to actually help or be here when the kids are no longer kids

we need more talent and better talent..do they need to tank, not especially, but they do need more draft assets
Can we pls stop with the sixers or phillies comparison?

Joel Embiid is a LEAGUE MVP for the first time in over 20 years. And we only got a few in 100 years!
Bryce Harper is a LEAGUE MVP for the first time in nearly 20 years.

Harper is just the sixth different Phillie all-time, and the third this millennium, to earn the prestigious Baseball Writers’ Association of America honor — joining shortstop Jimmy Rollins (2007); first baseman Ryan Howard (2006); third baseman Mike Schmidt (1980, 1981, 1986); pitcher Jim Konstanty (1950); and outfielder Chuck Klein (1932).

So yes this teams havent won, but they have players and rosters who are relative close to win.

The Flyers have middle of the pack players. No Superstar (Couts maybe but his injury history is a huge concern). Sure Konecny is a very good player, but nothing like McJesus, Embiid or Harper.

With this roster the flyers will maybe make a run like Montreal this one season. And being back bottom dweller the season after that! And sure they will be buyers cause they believe in the playoff miracle!

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

Have you actually been reading the board? It seems like you have an idea of what you assume is said, but it sure doesn't match what has actually been said.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
There are a litany of reasons why the Flyers are better this season and Sanheim getting first pair minutes, succeeding on his off side, with York providing a stable partner are absolutely contributing factors. Sanheim/York playing against the opposition's best line is a significant improvement over Provorov/Fit-of-the-week doing it.

Even with Couts, the Flyers only have three natural centres including Frost and Poehling. Take him out of the lineup and the Flyers are undoubtedly a playoff longshot, despite the positive impacts of Sanheim/York, Walker/Seeler, and the unexpected usage and positive contributions from Brink and Foerster.

The worrying part of this early season success is that management will have a difficult time sticking to their current message of thinking long term. It is extremely difficult to tell a winning team that you're either trading away positive impact players or that you'll do nothing to improve the on ice product without hurting morale. Briere has said the right things so far, but I'm highly skeptical he'll stick to his guns if the team is firmly in a playoff chase.

Jettany

Feb 21, 2018
Have you actually been reading the board? It seems like you have an idea of what you assume is said, but it sure doesn't match what has actually been said.
It’s exactly what this conversation has been about. No I do not read the board endlessly. This started with my comment that coots being back has been a huge impact. The rest have been responses now and now alone.

Jettany

Feb 21, 2018
There are a litany of reasons why the Flyers are better this season and Sanheim getting first pair minutes, succeeding on his off side, with York providing a stable partner are absolutely contributing factors. Sanheim/York playing against the opposition's best line is a significant improvement over Provorov/Fit-of-the-week doing it.

Even with Couts, the Flyers only have three natural centres including Frost and Poehling. Take him out of the lineup and the Flyers are undoubtedly a playoff longshot, despite the positive impacts of Sanheim/York, Walker/Seeler, and the unexpected usage and positive contributions from Brink and Foerster.

The worrying part of this early season success is that management will have a difficult time sticking to their current message of thinking long term. It is extremely difficult to tell a winning team that you're either trading away positive impact players or that you'll do nothing to improve the on ice product without hurting morale. Briere has said the right things so far, but I'm highly skeptical he'll stick to his guns if the team is firmly in a playoff chase.
Torts has said the right thing also. Time will tell. So what I am getting from the board consensus is seeler and walker will both get long term deals 3-4 years and a veteran center will be traded for? Is that your feeling on this as well?

Jettany

Feb 21, 2018
The team won't sell them. They have Laughton, Seeler, and Walker pegged as core players. They think they're in Year 2 of a 3 year rebuild, so the end is here.
I just noticed this was from you. Too funny. If they are core players won’t they be resigned and not traded? Straw man arguments. Come on now. It’s your statement.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I just noticed this was from you. Too funny. If they are core players won’t they be resigned and not traded? Straw man arguments. Come on now. It’s your statement.

The choice you presented was "traded or long term sign" and you pretended those were the only things I may think.

You're trying to play a gotcha game with nonsense.

Jettany

Feb 21, 2018
The choice you presented was "traded or long term sign" and you pretended those were the only things I may think.

You're trying to play a gotcha game with nonsense.
ok. So…if they are, as you say, considered “core” players to the organization and are not being traded what happens?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad