Post-Game Talk: #27 | Flyers at Avalanche | December 9, 2023 | Flyers win 5-2

Jettany

Feb 21, 2018
I see a lot of “THIS IS A PLAYOFF TEAM! Enjoy the ride” comments on Facebook with regards to the roster and leaving things as is.

I mean, yeah, sure, if that’s you’re goal enjoy it but they’re just going to be the same first round fodder they’ve been for a decade plus.

Holding onto everyone because of that playoff push is just going to be more of the same with this franchise. Nothing is differenare not a playoff team.
It helps but we have a large sample of 1C Couturier with mixed team results. He's also not even scoring as much as said defenseman.
Wow. So did Sanheim play the last 2 years? I LOVE Sanheim and he has been great. But to not realize what coots has meant is crazy.

Jettany

Feb 21, 2018
Are we really doing this? Sanheim’s 4 minutes more a game isn’t more impactful then having coots playing 20 minutes a game...thats just a fact. To try and diminish coots is comical. “we’ve seen a large sample of coots as a first line center with mixed team results”.
That’s classic!

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Are we really doing this? Sanheim’s 4 minutes more a game isn’t more impactful then having coots playing 20 minutes a game...thats just a fact. To try and diminish coots is comical. “we’ve seen a large sample of coots as a first line center with mixed team results”.
That’s classic!
Lol. I make one general comment about the results so far and somehow I am anti-Coots. Give me a break.

Jettany

Feb 21, 2018
Lol. I make one general comment about the results so far and somehow I am anti-Coots. Give me a break.
It basically read Sanheim‘s 4 minutes more a game was more impactful than the return of coots…Sanheim has outscored him and we have seen the results team wise with coots as 1c. Your words. Not mine. And yes, I am wrong, that’s a ringing endorsement of coots career.

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
the just enjoy the wins crowd seem to think the Flyers are PO bound already when i reality they would be in 7th in metro with just 3 less points..

the season is 82 games for a reason..

sadly im braced for the Thanos effect..
we will miss the POs just barely late in the season, miss trading anyone that has value. then pick 12TH OA..its inevitable

thus getting us yet another nobody who never becomes anything special.. certainly not enuf to move the needle..

rinse/repeat season over season over season...

Jettany

Feb 21, 2018
This cuts deep.
Enough to comment. Too funny. A conversation about who is more impactful this year, coots or Sanheim (both playing great) turns into a Seeler comparison. So tricky. Nicely done!
I see the same clowns are lurking and giving their stamp of approval.

• Haha
Reactions: Fight4yourRight

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
It basically read Sanheim‘s 4 minutes more a game was more impactful than the return of coots…Sanheim has outscored him and we have seen the results team wise with coots as 1c. Your words. Not mine. And yes, I am wrong, that’s a ringing endorsement of coots career.
I can't control that's how you took it. I've bowed down to Coots' impact before. He's a great player. He's still some level of great. But you know what? He's been the 1C since 2017 and that was one of the worst eras in the history of the franchise. His stellar play really didn't matter because the rest of the roster and usage decisions sucked - including the 1D. And that 1D was the same player for EVERY SINGLE GAME of that era. Is it fair to wonder, on a message board, what impact the change in 1D had on this team?

And why are we minimizing 4 minutes? That's a 20% increase for a player that already had top of the lineup usage. That's the difference between being #100 in the league and being literally #1. That's...ummm...significant. And it's 5-6 (25-30% increase), not 4, extra minutes depending on the sample if we are being exact.

I pledge to comment on every individual rostered player next time to avoid this confusion.

A conversation about who is more impactful this year, coots or Sanheim
Except no one was having this debate. You made this up over a nothing post.

Last edited:

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I would consider 10-20 quality compared to a 7th round pick. But that’s just me.

After 10 the odds of hitting on picks plummets. You need a quantity of picks to maximize chances of success.

Refusing to sell players who can achieve that quantity in their returns is an error, especially players who won't be a factor or won't even be around by the time Michkov is established.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Jettany

Feb 21, 2018
the just enjoy the wins crowd seem to think the Flyers are PO bound already when i reality they would be in 7th in metro with just 3 less points..

the season is 82 games for a reason..

sadly im braced for the Thanos effect..
we will miss the POs just barely late in the season, miss trading anyone that has value. then pick 12TH OA..its inevitable

thus getting us yet another nobody who never becomes anything special.. certainly not enuf to move the needle..

rinse/repeat season over season over season...
Let’s hope we get number 2 overall! That changed the face of the franchise. Oh it did for the AVs at #4. Never mind

Of course everyone wants the highest picks possible. But if you are playing your young players and they are playing well helping the team to win how do you tank? coach them to be good enough to lose? I’m not sure how that happens.

Jettany

Feb 21, 2018
I can't control that's how you took it. I've bowed down to Coots' impact before. He's a great player. He's still some level of great. But you know what? He's been the 1C since 2017 and that was one of the worst eras in the history of the franchise. His stellar play really didn't matter because the rest of the roster and usage decisions sucked - including the 1D. And that 1D was the same player for EVERY SINGLE GAME of that era. Is it fair to wonder, on a message board, what impact the change in 1D had on this team?

And why are we minimizing 4 minutes? That's a 20% increase for a player that already had top of the lineup usage. That's the difference between being #100 in the league and being literally #1. That's...ummm...significant. And it's 5-6 (25-30% increase), not 4, extra minutes depending on the sample if we are being exact.

I pledged to comment on every individual rostered player next time to avoid this confusion.

Except no one was having this debate. You made this up over a nothing post.
Do you read what you write at all? Honestly? “I’ve bowed down to coots but he’s been the number 1 center in one of the worse eras in team history”. A ringing endorsement. Lol. Sanheim’s 4 minutes matter, does coots 20 minutes not matter?

Sanheim has been great. But coots stability to this lineup and letting tk play his game is huge. And yes, sanheim has been great

Another huge factor. Carter Hart. Healthy.

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
Let’s hope we get number 2 overall! That changed the face of the franchise. Oh it did for the AVs at #4. Never mind

Of course everyone wants the highest picks possible. But if you are playing your young players and they are playing well helping the team to win how do you tank? coach them to be good enough to lose? I’m not sure how that happens.
stop signing/playing aging vets.. trade roster players with value for picks...

play EVERY young player you have all season to what you have.

100% trade Hart for max value.

then whatever happens win/loss over the season who cares..the point is to be building a foundation of play for the future..

but hey lets just keep the vets we have cuz we owe it to them to try to win.. cuz its been working so well these last 50 years

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

Everyone here has repeatedly stated that you need more than a single pick or player to change the franchise. That's incredibly obvious.

Michkov has gifted the team an incredible 3 year window to set the table for him. It takes the shine off winning now to realize the people in charge here are getting delusions of grandeur over a playoffs appearance, and won't take advantage.

Jettany

Feb 21, 2018
After 10 the odds of hitting on picks plummets. You need a quantity of picks to maximize chances of success.

Refusing to sell players who can achieve that quantity in their returns is an error, especially players who won't be a factor or won't even be around by the time Michkov is established.
Who said anything about not selling players? Never once. Not once.
Laughton, Atkinson, Seeler should all be gone by the deadline. Walker is giving me a pause. A #1 or #2 definitely. Lower? According to what a new contract looks like.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Laughton, Atkinson, Seeler should all be gone by the deadline. Walker is giving me a pause. A #1 or #2 definitely. Lower? According to what a new contract looks like.

The team won't sell them. They have Laughton, Seeler, and Walker pegged as core players. They think they're in Year 2 of a 3 year rebuild, so the end is here.

Jettany

Feb 21, 2018
Everyone here has repeatedly stated that you need more than a single pick or player to change the franchise. That's incredibly obvious.

Michkov has gifted the team an incredible 3 year window to set the table for him. It takes the shine off winning now to realize the people in charge here are getting delusions of grandeur over a playoffs appearance, and won't take advantage.
But if the playoff drive is happening because of the young core, then what?

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

Couturier coming back & playing at a similar level to when he left is obviously a noticeable plus but it cannot be stated going from Provorov & DeAngelo as your top two defensemen to Sanheim & York is a pretty big change for the positive.

The reality is the Flyers freeing themselves from defaulting Provorov the #1D spot was akin to Buffalo freeing themselves from Ristolainen as their default #1D. When you miss that badly at a spot towards the top of your lineup it has serious consequences.

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
and that's the problem..if there are rumors someone is giving you that right now..you take it..they won't because they are in a win-now mode no matter what they say their plan is..hell you take a 3rd or a 4th even cause you know why..he was a throw-in..he is free assets at this moment

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad