Post-Game Talk: #27 | Flyers at Avalanche | December 9, 2023 | Flyers win 5-2

Jettany

Feb 21, 2018
You're assuming I believe they are able to stick to a single long-term thought, or make anything resembling a logical plan. The one thing they've firmly proven is they cannot.
It’s just how I understood your post. You stated that they would not trade them because they are core players. I took it to mean that.

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
You're assuming I believe they are able to stick to a single long-term thought, or make anything resembling a logical plan. The one thing they've firmly proven is they cannot.
the very fact they already said they are in year 2 of a 3 year rebuild says everything you need to know...

a proper rebuild hasnt even bloody started and thry think they just about out of it.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
It’s just how I understood your post. You stated that they would not trade them because they are core players. I took it to mean that.

They certainly see them as core players. That can suddenly and drastically change. They signed Sanheim to the kind of contract you give core players. Then they tried to give him away for free. Now, to complete the whirlwind whiplash in assessment and planning, he's back to being a long term piece and their 1D. They simultaneously spoke of rebuilding while not trading Laughton and signing Staal. Their brains are mush and are not driven by logic or consistency.

Last edited:

Jettany

Feb 21, 2018
They certainly see them as core players. That can suddenly and drastically change. They signed Sanheim to the kind of contract you give core players. Then they tried to give him away for free. Now, to complete the whirlwind whiplash in assessment and planning, he's back to being a long term piece and their 1D. They simultaneously spoke of rebuilding while not trading Laughton and signing Staal. Their brains are mush and are not driven by logic or consistency.
-Flyers resign/keep them proves part of the core.
-Flyers trade them, they drastically changed their mind…not that they drove up value by playing them.

Got it. Very convenient way to cover all your bases. Well done.

gto64dr

Jan 15, 2012
Absolutely nothing they do will please you in any way. Why you follow this team is a mystery.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I mean, it is fun to watch the Flyers win, especially against teams like Pittsburgh.

But does anyone in the "Sports are entertainment just be happy the team is winning" crowd think that the way the roster is constructed and the prospects we have in the pipeline will lead this team to a cup? Because I sure as hell don't.
I don't think they will win a Cup in the next 50 years. There's 32 teams now, and the Flyers are neither exceptionally lucky nor exceptionally well managed.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
-Flyers resign/keep them proves part of the core.
-Flyers trade them, they drastically changed their mind…not that they drove up value by playing them.

Got it. Very convenient way to cover all your bases. Well done.

Literally nothing I've said is wrong. You want to work in binary absolutes for no conceivable reason but that isn't how the world works.

Cmoneyflyguy

Jul 13, 2005
Wayne, Pa
I absolutely cannot believe anyone would consider trading Hart. He's young and can be here for a loooong time - and be the cornerstone of the rebuild.
Have you all smoked yourselves stupid and forgot that we haven't had a goalie since Hextall? Talk about years of wasting high end talent.
Elite goalies don't grow on trees.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I absolutely cannot believe anyone would consider trading Hart. He's young and can be here for a loooong time - and be the cornerstone of the rebuild.
Have you all smoked yourselves stupid and forgot that we haven't had a goalie since Hextall? Talk about years of wasting high end talent.
Elite goalies don't grow on trees.

We've had multiple goalies since Hextall, though. That isn't true.

Committing term and money to goalies is really risky in the cap era and makes team-building difficult, especially for a team with as poor an approach as the Flyers. Goalie is a very cap-inefficient position at best, and if the player isn't living up to the cap hit then that's very bad.

If Ersson ends up being steadily good, then trading Hart instead of giving him a big contract is a reasonable thing to do and could set the team up for further success in the Age of Michkov.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
It's esports, bruh.

Our Lego resort town/spa is coming along beautifully. We built a bridge to the desert biome, after I died to a hermit crab 4x. Big things are happening. We're looking for able bodies to take our little village to the next level!
Who is the small spoon?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad