Not open for further replies.

MountainGoat

I missed the game, Cammalleri is injured again? un ****ing believable

the consolation prize at the draft better be one hell of a player

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
and the collective wtf when nothing changes after he goes is going to be just as hilarious.

Yup.

No coach is turning this turd into gold. The team is bad and we need to come to terms with that.

That said, I do fear that going forward with younger players and trying to build a team through the draft is going to be pretty hard with Pete. I just don't think he has what it takes to develop players. I think hes a good coach if he has a good team of players in their primes, or a team with just a few youngsters, but if the team got really young I don't feel like Pete is the guy to develop them. I bet Pete would do really well in SJ for instance. Those teams might not have choked so much had he been coaching them.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
and the collective wtf when nothing changes after he goes is going to be just as hilarious.

As I've said a few times tonight. I don't know for sure if we'll get better once he's gone, but I sure as hell know we ain't getting better with him here.

That's why I say keep him the rest of the season (but not a day after April 14th or whenever the season ends) and buckle up for the ride to a top 5 pick. It WILL happen with him as head coach.

Has there been any team other than Edmonton that has been worse than us over the last month +?

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Yup.

No coach is turning this turd into gold. The team is bad and we need to come to terms with that.

That said, I do fear that going forward with younger players and trying to build a team through the draft is going to be pretty hard with Pete. I just don't think he has what it takes to develop players. I think hes a good coach if he has a good team of players in their primes, or a team with just a few youngsters, but if the team got really young I don't feel like Pete is the guy to develop them. I bet Pete would do really well in SJ for instance. Those teams might not have choked so much had he been coaching them.

That's why he CAN'T be here after this year. He absolutely ****ing can't. Let him finish out the year, it's probably in our best interest going forward.

Or we can fire him right now, and you won't catch me complaining about that either.

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
As I've said a few times tonight. I don't know for sure if we'll get better once he's gone, but I sure as hell know we ain't getting better with him here.

That's why I say keep him the rest of the season (but not a day after April 14th or whenever the season ends) and buckle up for the ride to a top 5 pick. It WILL happen with him as head coach.

Has there been any team other than Edmonton that has been worse than us over the last month +?

Well I'm for a coaching change but I just think the majority here think we're a coach away from being a playoff team.

Honestly I think it's better to wait until the summer when more canidates are available and who are better working with younger players. Also though at the same time I'm not sure Lou will ever let this team do a actual blow it up rebuild.

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
Noone expected Elias and Jagr to hit the wall at the same exact time and it's making a huge impact as to why we are so bad.

Elias can stay...as a 3rd line checker next yr....if Lou and co think he's still a top 6 player I'd rather they trade him.

Uli Hiemer

Dr. Evil
Oct 19, 2011
Queens
Well I'm for a coaching change but I just think the majority here think we're a coach away from being a playoff team.

Honestly I think it's better to wait until the summer when more canidates are available and who are better working with younger players. Also though at the same time I'm not sure Lou will ever let this team do a actual blow it up rebuild.
Whoever thinks the coach is the only problem, needs to seriously revaluate the situation.

This team is terrible. From the top to the bottom. It requires several changes on different levels-

Last edited:

Benedict Parisechuk

Army of Pandolfo's
Apr 5, 2013
Chicago, IL

If that's the case, then Lou needs to retire immediately.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
As I've said in the other thread, we're in a 5 way tie for second fewest wins since November 1st.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
soon 3 way tie for last……its a **** storm of blegh

Carolina and Buffalo have more wins than us since November 1st.

I supposed they're better than us cause they're younger and faster though?

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
or get fired...im fine with either lol..my loyalty for the old timers kind of went out the window with marty...if the devs can detach from marty ( as they should ) every one is fair game for me.

I feel the exact same way actually.

I'm not saying I want Elias gone, but I'm not as sentimental about him being a career long Devil anymore.

I actually really feel that he will walk in free agency in 2016, and try to get a chance at one last cup. I can't really see him signing another contract with us. I think he'll play one more season after next, and I really don't see it being with us.

He'll have a chance to sign with a playoff team or possible contender. Why would he want to sign with a team that's (possibly by that time) missed the playoffs 4 years in a row and 5 of the last 6 seasons?

Sir Fenwick Corsi

NJ Lottery PICK-3
Dec 29, 2010
New York

I'm not saying I want Elias gone, but I'm not as sentimental about him being a career long Devil anymore.

I actually really feel that he will walk in free agency in 2016, and try to get a chance at one last cup. I can't really see him signing another contract with us. I think he'll play one more season after next, and I really don't see it being with us.

He'll have a chance to sign with a playoff team or possible contender. Why would he want to sign with a team that's (possibly by that time) missed the playoffs 4 years in a row and 5 of the last 6 seasons?

The only thing Elias will be walking into after this contract will be retirement if he doesn't pick up his game. He's looked absolutely dreadful this season.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto

ive lost all sentimentality towards whatever.

i was once 18….. yay! im almost 40.

if he cant play, he shouldnt……..just like any job, if you suck and can be replaced it happens. marty example same thing.

takes nothing away from past accomplishments …its an inevitable cycle.

Last edited:

Burakovsky95*

I don't think he did anything wrong on goal two.

Goal one was another softy he should have had. Goal three was borderline.

His stupid poke check attempt almost caused a problem.

And yes, Washington isn't that great. Holtby is also the most overrated goaltender in hockey. Maybe he'll make the playoffs again in the next half decade, and the Rangers and Henrik will ***** slap him like usual.

I really don't think you have any idea who Braden Holtby is....

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The only thing Elias will be walking into after this contract will be retirement if he doesn't pick up his game. He's looked absolutely dreadful this season.

I still think he's a decent player, just not the one we're used to.

I'm still of the belief that almost every player on this team (even that floater Brunner) would be more productive on another team or in another system.

I mean, I'm not saying that guys like Gionta, Tootoo, Bernier, or even Zubrus would be any better in another system or on another team. Though I think Elias, Jägr, Ryder (especially him), and everyone's favorite punching bag Travis Zajac, would all be more productive if we blew this system to smithereens.

I've always been of the belief that this system is not very effective and does not generate quality opportunities.

It's the main reason why we get 34 shots on mediocre goaltenders like Holtby, but only score one goal. Meanwhile, he faces 25 shots and gives up 5 goals the very next night. I also believe it's a big reason why we get shutout by trash like Kari Ramblow and Ray Emery.

I read a good article over the Summer about how this system doesn't generate good enough scoring chances.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I really don't think you have any idea who Braden Holtby is....
And if Holtby is so good, why did he lose his starting job to Grubauer last year?

Yeah he had a good run in the playoffs in 2012. So did Mike Smith that very same year.

He's now getting sat in favor of the legendary Devan Dubnyk some nights in Arizona. Much like your guy did for an AHL prospect, who is still playing in the AHL this year.

He's an average goalie at best right now. Just because he makes 33 saves against this team and their dead offense, doesn't make him great.

We were shutout by Kari Ramo and Ray Emery last year. Including some other no names that most people have never even heard of. Holtby didn't even break a sweat against this team and the dead offense of the Dumbeor system tonight.

Last edited:

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
And if Holtby is so good, why did he lose his starting job to Grubauer last year?

Yeah he had a good run in the playoffs in 2012. So did Mike Smith that very same year.

He's now getting sat in favor of the legendary Devan Dubnyk some nights in Arizona. Much like your guy did for an AHL prospect, who is still playing in the AHL this year.

He's an average goalie at best right now. Just because he makes 33 saves against this team and their dead offense, doesn't make him great.

We were shutout by Kari Ramo and Ray Emery last year. Including some other no names that most people have never even heard of. Holtby didn't even break a sweat against this team and the dead offense of the Dumbeor system tonight.

Honestly dude, I think he is a carbon copy of our goalie. A guy with ridiculous reflexes, nice positioning, and a penchant for melting down completely. He has got lots of holes in his game, but he is a pretty good goalie.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Honestly dude, I think he is a carbon copy of our goalie. A guy with ridiculous reflexes, nice positioning, and a penchant for melting down completely. He has got lots of holes in his game, but he is a pretty good goalie.

He's easily the weakest goalie in this division IMO. That doesn't make him bad, it just makes him average in my mind. I should say he's the weakest starter. He's better than the Carolina guys. Khudobin is still pretty new on the scene and unproven, and Ward is a skeleton at this point. Some people might argue he's better than Mason, but even he has been better these last two years. Lundqvist, Bob, Schneider (who has been very average this year), and even MAF (a more than decent regular season goalie), are all better. Halak is definitely better than him too.

I would say most of the starters in the Atlantic are better too. Even Craig Anderson, who gets crapped on, despite the fact he plays on a team that absolutely blows and gets heavily outshot ridiculously almost every game. Holtby is better than the Buffalo guys as of right now though. Bishop, Rask, Luongo, Anderson, and Price are all better. Bernier is at least as good, but only has one season of a decent sample size of games.

Looking at all the starters in the West, I can't say there's many over there that aren't better. Crawford, Rinne, Lehtonen, Varlamov, are all better in that division. Pavelec is NOT better than Holtby. I'm not sure if Elliott is either, as he has sucked everywhere he's played before coming to St Louis. Kuemper is too new to judge at this point.

Quick, Niemi, Miller, are all better than Holtby for sure. Smith is NOT better than Holtby. Hiller might be the same, though he's been much better this year so far. Scrivens is not better than Holtby IMO, but he's still too new to say for sure. Frederik Andersen is still too new to judge over in Anaheim.

It's not that Holtby is bad, it's just that ALMOST every team has a goalie that's at least as good as him or better. Winnipeg, Buffalo, Arizona, Carolina, and Edmonton being the exceptions. Minnesota, Anaheim, and St Louis being question marks. I would even argue Edmonton is possibly in the question mark category too as far as if they have a goaltender better than him or not. Maybe Carolina too. Khudobin hasn't been around long enough, and Ward has sucked for years outside of the last month.

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007

for real ....one more year after next? the way he is playing he is risking being bought out or cut.

he is a non factor... the team is worse with him in the lineup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad