GDT: #27 Capitals @ Devils 7:00PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
sever should have lined him up and put hit shoulder into him as he crossed to the net.

This is another thing that disappeared since the last two games. They were hitting everything in sight. This game went back to the norm of just looping around and being super soft.

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
They glided to a 3-1 loss. The hard work they put into the Toronto game and parts of the Pittsburgh game was nowhere to be found. This is the story of the last two seasons, a couple nice efforts followed by a losing streak (oh, its coming. Look at the schedule). This group isn't going to make the playoffs. Unless Lou is able to pull a rabbit out of his hat via trade, they're done. You can't play win one lose three hockey all year long and expect to be rewarded for it.

Camille the Eel

This has to be the most depressing loss of the entire season. We didn't belong on the same ice as them.

I hate to keep repeating it but we get these old guys back on the ice and we are worse. We were a better team - faster and more physical - the prior two games without Jagr and Elias.

But also the young defensemen DID get EXPOSED tonight in the second period. They just blew right by us, we didn't hit, we didn't skate, we didn't take the man, we looked stunned actually, confused in our own end, just throwing the puck into turnovers and backing in and giving their forwards just way too much room to skate. Can we really be this bad? The proof is in the pudding I guess.

Man do the Devils suck, what can you say?

And we needed this game so badly; this should have been desperation time.

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Man, those 2008-2010 first round exit teams were fun to watch in the regular season at least. I'd take that over whatever it is we're watching now.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
I wonder if Pete is hoping he gets fired at this point. After watching Patty lollygag around again, I wouldn't want to be a part of it

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
7 wins in 24 games

LMAO

we need a third jersey lou!

$_57.JPG

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA
One of McDavid, Eichel, Strome or Barzal. That's my hope for the Devils going forward. My wish:

Rico-Top Five Pick-Cammy
Soderberg-Zajac-Boucher
Elias-Quennvile-Rutuu
Matteau-JJ-Gio
Greene-Sev
Larsson-Merrill
Hedge-Gelly

Last edited:

CKPLAYA

Ping Pong Ball Enthusiast
Nov 24, 2009
Parts Unknown
This has to be the most depressing loss of the entire season. We didn't belong on the same ice as them.

I hate to keep repeating it but we get these old guys back on the ice and we are worse. We were a better team - faster and more physical - the prior two games without Jagr and Elias.

But also the young defensemen DID get EXPOSED tonight in the second period. They just blew right by us, we didn't hit, we didn't skate, we didn't take the man, we looked stunned actually, confused in our own end, just throwing the puck into turnovers and backing in and giving their forwards just way too much room to skate. Can we really be this bad? The proof is in the pudding I guess.

Man do the Devils suck, what can you say?

And we needed this game so badly; this should have been desperation time.

Young defensemen? Andy Greene was toast on the Beagle. Another wonderful game for the most overrated defenseman in HF history. Watched him last Friday gift wrap the front of the net for anyone willing to post up. Can't wait for that extension to kick in.

Camille the Eel

They glided to a 3-1 loss. The hard work they put into the Toronto game and parts of the Pittsburgh game was nowhere to be found. This is the story of the last two seasons, a couple nice efforts followed by a losing streak (oh, its coming. Look at the schedule). This group isn't going to make the playoffs. Unless Lou is able to pull a rabbit out of his hat via trade, they're done. You can't play win one lose three hockey all year long and expect to be rewarded for it.

forget the playoffs if we can just be competitive you can still watch. But this was painful.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
forget the playoffs if we can just be competitive you can still watch. But this was painful.

Yup. Give me Albany. I bet those guys would play their butts off. Probably lose but at least they would try. And I can stomach that. If you do all you can and just can't match the opponents talent level that's watchable. When you just don't give a damn, that's not watchable.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
It is weird how this team can't seem to put more than two good games together in a row. Every time they play well, or win back-to-back games they can't get over the hump in that third game. Maybe that's all their capable of.

Benedict Parisechuk

Army of Pandolfo's
Apr 5, 2013
Chicago, IL
Its only going to get worse, much worse. They'll probably pull another no show on Monday and Tuesday will be an unmitigated disaster. They should just forfeit that game. After that they've got the Flyers, Stars, Islanders, Senators, Lightning, and Capitals. They'll win one, maybe two games if their lucky.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I know this team needs youth and speed but I don't want any part of Yakupov. He's awful. Brunner 2.0 with less compete.

Sir Fenwick Corsi

NJ Lottery PICK-3
Dec 29, 2010
New York
It is weird how this team can't seem to put more than two good games together in a row. Every time they play well, or win back-to-back games they can't get over the hump in that third game. Maybe that's all their capable of.

It's not weird at all because they ****ing stink. They gave us a two game reprieve from reality the last two outings, but tonight reminded us of just how awful they can be. Our coach is partially to blame for this as well. Serves him right for sitting Josefson. That was a dick move.

No matter who they put in the lineup, this team is going to find it very difficult to win games. So get some young guys in there with some energy. This old ass roster needs to be blown to bits. Elias is easily my favorite forward to ever for this team but I really think he would benefit from moving on at this point. Part of the problem with him this season is that he has too big of a role. They're really counting on him to provide a significant amount of offense. It's not just his declining play, he's counted on way too much. He would probably look a lot better in a reduced capacity on a better squad. I know it's still somewhat early in the season but I would hope Lou has talked to him about the NTC by now. It couldn't be more clear that this team is going nowhere this season. Start planing for the future and stock up on some picks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad