GDT: #27 Capitals @ Devils 7:00PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

liquid1988

Oct 14, 2013
Exit 88 GSPW
Glad I have only one game left worth of tickets to waste my time on. The managers are going to me scratching their heads next season wondering why they can't sell Tickets. Not even sure why I bothered going to the game tonight. I didn't see ONE GOOD play or setups tonight. One things for sure, I won't be spending anymore money on this team after December 19th

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I don't think Josefson would have made much of a difference, but whatever. At this point we're pretty much just throwing **** at the wall and hoping something sticks.

Traitor Zach

Released from Glory
Jan 29, 2012
Northeast
That Andy Greene extension is looking like a bit of a mistake.

Not sure we should have gone 5 years. He's been poor all season so far.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Surprisingly Pete didn't pull the "3rd period effort was great. We weren't rewarded, but I thought we could have scored a few" crap he usually does.

According to TG's comments, he said their PP and PK was better than ours and so was their goalie. That's gotta be the furthest he's ever went in calling out a goalie here. :laugh:

Devils1029

Jun 19, 2008
I guess Fayne must have been making Greene look good.....he's been borderline terrible this year. I know he's playing against opposing teams top lines and our forwards aren;t the greatest at helping out back there BUT he was terrible playing the off side on the PK with Salvador. He hasn't done anything offensively and his D has not stood out at all.

We' were talking future captain and he may realy just take Sal place - on everyone's whipping board if he doesn't pick it up. I've heard rumors of a nagging injury but at this point, if that's the case, then just shut him down, let it heal, and have him 100% ready for next year.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Daneyko is god awful

"They worked real hard in the 3rd period"

Yeah wonderful, they had ten okay minutes at the end of the game, five good minutes at the end of the first and were utter crap the other 45. The fact we're this bad against WASHINGTON is alarm-bell worthy. I mean it's not like they're a playoff team either and they dominated us at home.

I'm getting really close to snapping on Cory. How he misplayed that second goal so badly was beyond me. Not that it's an uncommon occurence to see a **** up with most of the other eighteen skaters this team.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Healthy scratch

Peteyboy strikes again

I don't think Josefson would have made much of a difference, but whatever. At this point we're pretty much just throwing **** at the wall and hoping something sticks.

Sadly I didn't actually notice he was a healthy scratch. Generally he plays so little anyway and isn't exactly very productive offensively but still you could use his speed at least when you're getting coned left and right.

I wonder how long Larsson's 'flu' is going to last too....might be like his injury last year where he's never seen again. As if this D's been so great without him.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Yeah wonderful, they had ten okay minutes at the end of the game, five good minutes at the end of the first and were utter crap the other 45. The fact we're this bad against WASHINGTON is alarm-bell worthy. I mean it's not like they're a playoff team either and they dominated us at home.

I'm getting really close to snapping on Cory. How he misplayed that second goal so badly was beyond me. Not that it's an uncommon occurence to see a **** up with most of the other eighteen skaters this team.

I don't think he did anything wrong on goal two.

Goal one was another softy he should have had. Goal three was borderline.

His stupid poke check attempt almost caused a problem.

And yes, Washington isn't that great. Holtby is also the most overrated goaltender in hockey. Maybe he'll make the playoffs again in the next half decade, and the Rangers and Henrik will ***** slap him like usual.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
One of the worst efforts I've ever seen live

lucky me i saw a great effort live in toronto……i think i was on a 7 game losing streak seeing games live…. felt great to have fun and see victory …..its been a long while

sucks you had to sit through that garbage tonight

edit: actually i think there was a game in there they won but darcy tucker broke the shutout with around 2 minutes to go

edit 2: im mixing up games and stadiums obviously….and times of goals!

http://www.hockey-reference.com/boxscores/200801200NJD.html

for some reason i thought of this game which was in jersey while i was not there.

my memory is not that of bleedred's that forsure.

:P

Last edited:

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I don't think he did anything wrong on goal two.

Goal one was another softy he should have had. Goal three was borderline.

His stupid poke check attempt almost caused a problem.

And yes, Washington isn't that great. Holtby is also the most overrated goaltender in hockey. Maybe he'll make the playoffs again in the next half decade, and the Rangers and Henrik will ***** slap him like usual.

He didn't poke check on goal two and just let the guy go from no angle to right around him to somehow put it an empty net, and THEN overcompensated and tried to poke check fifty feet from the net right after that :shakehead

Goal one looked like it went right through Henrique's legs so I don't even get on Cory for that.

One of the worst efforts I've ever seen live

The sad part is the highlight of the game (for me) was when the crowd started bronx cheering a succesful zone entry on that dumpster fire of a third period power play. I've literally never heard a bronx cheer for THAT :laugh:

Literally the loudest the crowd was all night was the booing that same power play got. And rightly so too. I'm shocked they weren't booed off the ice after the second, tbh.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
He didn't poke check on goal two and just let the guy go from no angle to right around him to somehow put it an empty net, and THEN overcompensated and tried to poke check fifty feet from the net right after that :shakehead

Goal one looked like it went right through Henrique's legs so I don't even get on Cory for that.

The sad part is the highlight of the game (for me) was when the crowd started bronx cheering a succesful zone entry on that dumpster fire of a third period power play. I've literally never heard a bronx cheer for THAT :laugh:

Literally the loudest the crowd was all night was the booing that same power play got. And rightly so too. I'm shocked they weren't booed off the ice after the second, tbh.

i'd call it a 'jersey jeer' :laugh:

but wow……what a PP that was!

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I bet the DeBoer boos are loud on Tuesday night.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
That Andy Greene extension is looking like a bit of a mistake.

Not sure we should have gone 5 years. He's been poor all season so far.

He hasn't been as good as last year, but he's also being asked to carry a defense made up of kids and Zidlicky. Plus our defensive play in general is a mess.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I'd like to see Greene with Larsson a little to find out who's breaking down on that Greene-Severson pairing (and give Severson a LITTLE blow regardless) but of course that's never going to happen with this head coach.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'd like to see Greene with Larsson a little to find out who's breaking down on that Greene-Severson pairing (and give Severson a LITTLE blow regardless) but of course that's never going to happen with this head coach.

How was the reception when DeBoer's name was announced?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad