Post-Game Talk: #27 | Capitals at Flyers | December 7, 2022 | 7:00 PM |

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Dude - everyone is struggling offensively, it's not just Frost or Cates. That was the point of my post. The team is 30/32 for xGF at 5v5 since Nov 19 which encompasses the last 10 games.
But centers are the key for most offenses, especially playmaking centers.
Now if you have a playmaking forward, you can have more of a shooter at center, but we don't have that either (maybe when Brink finally arrives).

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
But centers are the key for most offenses, especially playmaking centers.
Now if you have a playmaking forward, you can have more of a shooter at center, but we don't have that either (maybe when Brink finally arrives).
For clarity, are you saying that the lack of the Flyers scoring is primarily due to Morgan Frost and Noah Cates?

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
time to move Provy - it just ain't happenin' here :dunno:

It’s not gonna happen anywhere if the thought is he’s an all situation top pair two-way defender. He’s ultimately a secondary piece that needs a defense partner who can carry him. He pretty much belongs no where near special teams especially the PP.

But his time should ultimately be coming to end here regardless. Even with dialed back usage & a better understanding of what he is the Flyers aren’t gonna put a competitive roster on the ice by the time his current contract runs up. He’s their best trade piece.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
It's not like Zamula is an offense force, he's not Makar jr.
And Braun and Risto have done a good job of keeping the puck in the O-zone, finishing is another matter.
But Zamula doesn't shoot like Attard either,

Point is that the Flyer offense woes are not due to Braun over Zamula. You'd have to have an agenda to even suggest that.

Surely there is a middle ground between Makar and The Two Least Productive Dmen In The League where Zamula falls, and which is an upgrade on one of those latter dmen.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
He was asked by Meltzer, I believe, if he felt that asking them to be better defensively was potentially stifling attack."
It may be and if it is I hope so. Having the forwards cheat/cherry pick and not get involved with defending over the last three seasons was horrible. It exposed the defensemen to being overwhelmed and allowed Hart and whoever was playing goal to get bombarded with shots. It seems that this season the forwards are not releasing to go on offense until the puck is in the hands of the Flyers.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I read in the Athletic that Tortorella said the internal scoring chance stats were 11 for each team, so the focus should remain on defense, not risk taking. Let me tell ya: if there's one thing I trust it's the Flyers internal analytics. :laugh:

This is what equal looks like:

aBdy3Sl.png

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
I read in the Athletic that Tortorella said the internal scoring chance stats were 11 for each team, so the focus should remain on defense, not risk taking. Let me tell ya: if there's one thing I trust it's the Flyers internal analytics. :laugh:

This is what equal looks like:

aBdy3Sl.png
yup that crease porch problem has REALY been addressed and solved ... nice job Flutch

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad