Post-Game Talk: #27 | Capitals at Flyers | December 7, 2022 | 7:00 PM |

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey

first-time-james-franco.gif

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Funny hearing people push Tage, since I saw numerous posts saying Buffalo was stolen blind a few years ago.
Same way Zito stole them blind when he got Reinhart for a 1st and some unknown 7th rd pick, except Levi is posting a .930 sv% in the AHl on his way to being the Sabre's starting goaltender in a year.

Or sometimes you should wait to see how things turn out?

Flyers played a solid game, but lack of talent shows up mostly in finishing and making those quick passes on the stick in the O-zone. Which is why I'm now convinced that Frost's ceiling is a 3C, b/c he's been paired with better forwards and still isn't producing, flashes but no more. The difference with Cates, Cates has a future as a D-first center, Frost has to score to have value.

If you watch them try to enter the O-zone, you'd quickly realize why they dump and chase, they just don't have forwards with any "shake and back" that allows them to make clean entries. They try and fumble the pass or fumble the entry.

Kelmitchell2

Aug 30, 2020
Funny hearing people push Tage, since I saw numerous posts saying Buffalo was stolen blind a few years ago.
Same way Zito stole them blind when he got Reinhart for a 1st and some unknown 7th rd pick, except Levi is posting a .930 sv% in the AHl on his way to being the Sabre's starting goaltender in a year.

Flyers played a solid game, but lack of talent shows up mostly in finishing and making those quick passes on the stick in the O-zone. Which is why I'm now convinced that Frost's ceiling is a 3C, b/c he's been paired with better forwards and still isn't producing, flashes but no more. The difference with Cates, Cates has a future as a D-first center, Frost has to score to have value.

If you watch them try to enter the O-zone, you'd quickly realize why they dump and chase, they just don't have forwards with any "shake and back" that allows them to make clean entries. They try and fumble the pass or fumble the entry.
What exactly do we need to wait and see? We haven't made any deals like that, is Tippett going to pace for 40+ is DeAngelo going to learn how to play a solid two way game? What exactly does Buffalo have to do with us? This team is a f***ing joke, and it's caused by the same rejects that you've gone out of your way to defend

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
What exactly do we need to wait and see? We haven't made any deals like that, is Tippett going to pace for 40+ is DeAngelo going to learn how to play a solid two way game? What exactly does Buffalo have to do with us? This team is a f***ing joke, and it's caused by the same rejects that you've gone out of your way to defend
It had nothing to do with the Flyers.

The team is a joke b/c of the last ten years, everything has been about "we don't rebuild," "we play the Flyers way."

Torts is doing a good job getting the most out of this roster, it's not his fault he was handed a roster with no top 6 centers and D-men who are bad fits. They're playing hard, they're playing fast, but "look ma, no hands" is this year's theme

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
He did do a good job his first season, and AV did turn the team around.
Problem was COVID screwed up everything, and AV gave up.
Without COVID I suspect they'd have been competitive for 2-3 years, then folded.
Which was probably the expectation.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

They did not play a solid game, unless you think being outplayed is "solid."

The Caps are rocked by injuries and they were somehow making clean entries. Every team in the league can do it. It's how players are raised. The Flyers rely on dump and chase because they want to. It's a choice. Get the puck in, send two forecheckers, begin grinding. Tortorella hockey. Crony hockey.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad