Post-Game Talk: #27: Blue Jackets at Flyers, December 5, 2015

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Except whoever is called up has to play tomorrow, so why would they call up arguably the Phantoms worst dman when they have the cap space to call up whoever they want?

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Because I don't think Hextall is going to call up Hagg, Morin, or MacDonald for a couple games and send them back down to LHV again.

I think it will be Alt or Drewiske to play less than 10 minutes a game for a couple games.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I agree about Hagg and Morin, but MacDonald or Alt could quite easily take Manning's spot for the next two weeks.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I agree about Hagg and Morin, but MacDonald or Alt could quite easily take Manning's spot for the next two weeks.

Like I said I can see Alt, but I don't think Hextall wants to recall MacDonald unless its for good.

boxcar65

Sep 24, 2007
Richmond, VA

C, are you trying to get me fired up on a Monday morning?? AMac? He blocks shots better than Manning and maybe skates slightly better. That's it. His soft playing style is not a fit for Hak's challenge D system. ManDog has not been the problem the past several games. He has been a solid 5/6 who is playing his role just fine.

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
C, are you trying to get me fired up on a Monday morning?? AMac? He blocks shots better than Manning and maybe skates slightly better. That's it. His soft playing style is not a fit for Hak's challenge D system. ManDog has not been the problem the past several games. He has been a solid 5/6 who is playing his role just fine.
Don't want Andy Mac anywhere around this team. We need more compete and he brings no compete.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Amac is better than Manning in literally every aspect of the game, except for fighting which Manning doesn't do much anyway... Im pretty sure Giroux has fought as many times as Manning...

Amac is an NHL player. An overpaid NHL player who was being asked to do too much, but still an NHL player. Manning wouldn't be playing in this league if it wasn't for our cap problems.

bb12

Aug 21, 2014
USA

Manning doesnt fit the system either. it requires skill and ability to step up in the play. Everytime manning steps up we are left with odd man rushes...

"ManDog" is a AHL dman or a #7 at best. The problem is Shultz, Gudas and Schenn are all 5/6 D. We dont need 4 guys for our bottom D pair. He is redundant and not in a good way

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I wish Manning's playing style was a bit softer, specifically his hands. That way the puck wouldn't bounce off his stick in random directions so often.

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada

LOL.. you know the entire internet can read what you just wrote right ??

A.Mac is no world beater, but hes a NHL worthy Dman..

unlike Manning who is a complete plug..

bb12

Aug 21, 2014
USA
Whats mannings cap hit? Could we keep mac and send down manning as a shultz replacement or a 7th d if he shows flashes of the guy we signed?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad