Post-Game Talk: #27: Blue Jackets at Flyers, December 5, 2015

boxcar65

Sep 24, 2007
Richmond, VA
Manning is a +5 the past several games. None of the mistakes he made tonight led directly to a goal. He and Ghost look fine together. Hak should let them continue to build their chemistry. I don't think he will be sent down after Streit comes back. Just about everyone looked bad tonight, not just #23.

McNasty

Jan 20, 2007
Rutgers
Schultz sucked so much harder this game than Manning did. The 2nd goal was fairly weak on Mason's part, but Schultz literally just blindly reversed it to nobody against a 1 man forecheck.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Manning is a +5 the past several games. None of the mistakes he made tonight led directly to a goal. He and Ghost look fine together. Hak should let them continue to build their chemistry. I don't think he will be sent down after Streit comes back. Just about everyone looked bad tonight, not just #23.

He is being CARRIED by Ghost.

He has been garbage, he is garbage, and he will always be garbage. Easily the worst player on the leagues worst defense.

whitstifier

Honor Black Excellence in Hockey
Mar 19, 2013
He is being CARRIED by Ghost.

He has been garbage, he is garbage, and he will always be garbage. Easily the worst player on the leagues worst defense.

I can't even read what you're responding to. It reads like a Charlie Brown adult sounds.

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
Positives:
G was G, just couldn't get on the board.
The goal was nice all around. Ghost starting the rush and the pass from Schenn for the easy redirect by Raffl.

Negatives:
Pretty much everything else. Hopefully as a result of the loss they'll actually switch things up and take Jake off the 4th line. I know some coaches don't like messing with what's working and the team won 4 in a row but this is ridiculous. And for the love of **** take Raffl off the top line, he's got 4 points on the season including tonight's goal. He's got no business on the top line.

4thline4life

Jul 12, 2010
Jake desperately needs to get off the 4th line. It's painful watching him fly around the ice while his line mates are just not even close to his level. Put him anywhere else in the line up but keeping him with bell and vandevelde will ensure he never snaps out of his scoring slump. I feel bad for him, the coach is doing him zero favors.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

Manning is +5 despite his play. He is holding Ghost back.

flyerstime

Dec 11, 2013
Philly
Just got back from the game, my thoughts :

Giroux and Ghost are awesome to watch.

Manning plays way to much.

Mason did not look sharp at all tonight.

We barely made Bob do anything.

We stunk, thee end.

Mike2000z28

Dec 13, 2009
Philly, now montreal
What a horrible game. Geez and columbus played last night like we did but we look out of it and uninterested to say the least. It seems our compete against Columbus royally blows and has been blowing for quite a awhile now. It is like an instant loss on the schedule.

Delete99991

May 9, 2013
Luke Schenn was awful in this one. Just awful. Sleepwalking.

As others have said, 93 with 76 & 78 is senseless. VDV in particular is invisible despite some nice setups coming his way.

bb12

Aug 21, 2014
USA

Dude enough with the ghost and manning chemistry s*** what don't you get manning isn't the option. We have 4 guys in our pipe who over the next 2 seasons will filter in. Ghost will be a top 4 d on this team over the next few years. Manning WILL NOT. There chemistry means nothing for the big picture of this team

Not to mention gudas is back in one game so it's either manning or Shultz and then streit in the next few weeks. Manning is press box bound.

Last edited:

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
Dude enough with the ghost and manning chemistry s*** what don't you get manning isn't the option. We have 4 guys in our pipe who over the next 2 seasons will filter in. Ghost will be a top 4 d on this team over the next few years. Manning WILL NOT. There chemistry means nothing for the big picture of this team

Not to mention gudas is back in one game so it's either manning or Shultz and then streit in the next few weeks. Manning is press box bound.
manning is the least of our worries with this this heap of **** tho.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Hak doesn't like to change the lineup when we win. I think umby and white were put back in because of cap issues? Hopefully Hak puts Jake back with G and leaves schenn there. Raf would fit in great with PEB and VdV. Who gets called up if schenn can't go?

bb12

Aug 21, 2014
USA

With a healthy d we really aren't that bad back there anymore. I'm not so worried about our d like I once was. Gudas has proved to be a valuable player. Schenn isnt a top 4 player but is a NHL defenseman. Medvedev is having growing pains but can play too 4 role. Same with streit mdz and ghost

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I didn't like sending Cousins down, anyone sight Laughton at all?

Manning, Schultz, L Schenn, does it matter?
The sooner all three are gone, the better.
Manning at least is a low cost 7th D-man if you can't move him, the others are just wasted cap room.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania

Actually I'd say he's the personification of our problems.

An awful defensemen who can't move the puck, doesn't make good decisions, isn't good defensively or offensively, and is being asked to do far more than he's capable of.

blinds

Jan 5, 2012

What? How is our worst defenseman the least of our worries?

We've got some forwards to worry about, but him and Schultz are our biggest worries on the backend IMO.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Releasing someone does nothing for your cap situation unless the player is claimed on waivers (which means accepting his contract).
You need someone to trade for the contract and accept all or most of the burden.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad