GDT: [#26] Satan Saddles Up

LT

XXXX - XXX_ - ____ - ____
Jul 23, 2010
There was plenty of time after the contact for Rittich to regain position.

But I bet that doesn't matter.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Yeah he had a lot of time to adjust actually. Great win

Rittich losing his mind there lmao

LT

Jul 23, 2010
Good call. Like I said, he had plenty of time to regain position.

Frozen Failure

They got business in my hockey, and I hate it.
Nov 13, 2007
DFW
Rittich was sliding back into Benn, you can't call goalie interference on that. And holy shit that's gonna be a suspension for Rittich.

LT

Jul 23, 2010
Rittich is gonna get fined/suspended for that, holy shit. That could've ended VERY badly.

LT

Jul 23, 2010
Rittich was sliding back into Benn, you can't call goalie interference on that.

Benn was in the crease so actually you can. I think the main factor here is the amount of time that passed between the supposed interference and the goal.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
That pass by Benn deserves some love as well. What a beautiful setup and Radulov-like effort on that forecheck

Frozen Failure

Nov 13, 2007
DFW
Benn was in the crease so actually you can. I think the main factor here is the amount of time that passed between the supposed interference and the goal.

If they had scored while Benn was back there yeah, I could see them calling it back, but he was well clear after dipping through the crease. If you're going to call it because Rittich couldn't get to the post to push off, then that's bullshit.

Either it's a real subtle penalty on Benn, or incidental contact as Rittich came back to a position occupied by other matter.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
"We are going to be a puck possesion team, forcheck hard, puck pressure"

--

Watches game

D men high flip puck out 75% of the time

Forwards dump and chase the puck 80% of the time

Something doesn't add up.

MBTendy

May 6, 2009

--

Watches game

Well do you see our d-lineup at the moment?

Robert Kentwood

Sep 11, 2018
Like LatvianTwist said, he had time to reset.

I can understand being upset with Benn making contact, but then again the reffing was terrible this game (as it has been the whole year, no consistency). Rittich threw a elbow at Faksa's head in the 2nd, so he got what he deserved. So, I'll take it.

serp

Jan 17, 2016

--

Watches game

I don't know if you want Polak , Hanley or Fedun handle the puck too much. Lindell , Heiskanen and at times Bayreuther do but well it is what it is. Still amazed the defense hasn't completely collapsed with what they're icing back there.

Frozen Failure

Nov 13, 2007
DFW
I don't think Polak, Hanley or Fedun are all that terrible at handling the puck, I mean... Lindell and Heiskanen are giveaway machines back there under forecheck pressure, but Klingberg is too. I dunno what it is. Bayreuther has that nifty little backhand pass to escape pressure once in a while, but skating that puck out under forecheck doesn't work very well.

WhoahNow

WhatsApp lead the way
Sep 7, 2011
I don't know if you want Polak , Hanley or Fedun handle the puck too much. Lindell , Heiskanen and at times Bayreuther do but well it is what it is. Still amazed the defense hasn't completely collapsed with what they're icing back there.
Exactly if you ask less talented players to perform what you would expect your full time d squad you are just going to get them exposed for trying too hard or playing out of their element. With the D injuries you have to be forced to simplify what you ask from the D which means less skating and passing it out and safer plays from the forwards so that they don't let the D get caught in transition

Reactions: serp

LT

Jul 23, 2010
I think a lot of why the substitute defenders haven't looked so out of place is because they're not being asked to do what they can't. I'm fine with the original plan going out the window in order to accommodate the injuries. It happens, and you have to adjust.

Instead of bumping everyone up 1-4 spots and keeping with the same system, Montgomery simply adjusted the system to fit what he's given. I'll take that just about every time over the alternative.

Reactions: serp

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad