GDT: #26 // Golden Knights @ Oilers // Dec 1 @ 8 PM MST // TV: CBC

How many games will the Oilers win in December?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
Theres a lot of grumpy Ranford fans here. He wasn't so well liked back in the day, not even by team mates sometimes. Ranford was a classic in the scowl at your team mates after a goal mode. Didn't sit well with team mates either. Ranford, as much as he improved in the Jets series in first round also contributed to the club being down 3 games 1 in the first place.

To answer your question though is Ranford was not required to be stellar in 90 playoffs. We could still outscore some of our mistakes but more critically we still had a lot of game breakers with all star talent and finish around the net. The Oilers were still a dangerous club in 90 and supplanted with the kidline energy. With that club Fuhr, who was injured, would've won it all and the team would have been better with Grant in net.

Ranford was never a great goalie. he was textbook ordinary

In my next post I'll go after Jacques Plante…;)

This is one of Your takes that I completely disagree with. He was stellar and yes - he needed to be!

Reactions: Laodongxi

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Hope Rattie produces yet again for us, so maybe Hitch can see his value and give him a better shot here. Dude is smart and has finish, don’t think that first line with Drai on Mcdavids wing has been that much better that what Rattie was bringing on that line. Think the oilers can find some real value in Rattie

Reactions: Drivesaitl

CrazyJoeDavola

Jun 17, 2011
Vancouver
Hope Rattie produces yet again for us, so maybe Hitch can see his value and give him a better shot here. Dude is smart and has finish, don’t think that first line with Drai on Mcdavids wing has been that much better that what Rattie was bringing on that line. Think the oilers can find some real value in Rattie

I lost you at "smart" and "has vision"

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Is Hitch complimenting or trolling McLellan when he says Pulju must have been well coached and does things (sneaky plays with his stick I guess?) that coaches love? I...don't think there was an ounce of love for Pulju from McLellan.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Is Hitch complimenting or trolling McLellan when he says Pulju must have been well coached and does things (sneaky plays with his stick I guess?) that coaches love? I...don't think there was an ounce of love for Pulju from McLellan.
He then when on to say that he doesn't know who coached him in that skills. Which felt like a low key shade at Todd.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards

He’s shown a lack of finish this season. Either shoots it right into the crest or missed the net on numerous scoring chances earlier in the year. That injury may have really hurt his chances for the season

dssource

5-14-6-1=97
Jun 29, 2012
A win tonight would be very good for team confidence especially against a surging VGK team. I'm thinking we can. Lez go!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad