GDT: #26 // Golden Knights @ Oilers // Dec 1 @ 8 PM MST // TV: CBC

How many games will the Oilers win in December?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Lines at morning skate:

Draisaitl - McDavid - Chiasson
Caggiula - RNH - Puljujarvi
Lucic - Brodziak - Kassian
Khaira - Spooner - Rattie

Klefbom - Larsson
Nurse - Russell
Gravel - Benning

Koskinen
Talbot
Okay why isn't Wideman getting another game?

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Ranford is my 2nd favourite Oilers goalie behind Salo.

The only downside is that Ranford and Randorf have the same letters.

Big time. I’m a Bigggg Billy Ranford fan. He loved being an Oiler. Do we win in 1990 without his performance ?
Roloson was on his way in 2006. Bad luck 1st game. That’s all I’m gonna say about that. I wanted to win big time in 2006

Reactions: Canada Drai

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Big time. I’m a Bigggg Billy Ranford fan. He loved being an Oiler. Do we win in 1990 without his performance ?
Roloson was on his way in 2006. Bad luck 1st game. That’s all I’m gonna say about that. I wanted to win big time in 2006

Theres a lot of grumpy Ranford fans here. He wasn't so well liked back in the day, not even by team mates sometimes. Ranford was a classic in the scowl at your team mates after a goal mode. Didn't sit well with team mates either. Ranford, as much as he improved in the Jets series in first round also contributed to the club being down 3 games 1 in the first place.

To answer your question though is Ranford was not required to be stellar in 90 playoffs. We could still outscore some of our mistakes but more critically we still had a lot of game breakers with all star talent and finish around the net. The Oilers were still a dangerous club in 90 and supplanted with the kidline energy. With that club Fuhr, who was injured, would've won it all and the team would have been better with Grant in net.

Ranford was never a great goalie. he was textbook ordinary

In my next post I'll go after Jacques Plante…;)

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
lol my totally impartial friend was like "he sounds like my dad" lmao

I remember being around 8 or 9 years old and my grandpa being exactly like this. Kept us grandkids all in line. If I was at their place alone or with a cousin, he'd give me $5 or $10 and get me to go to the store to buy him a pack of green Export A smokes. And whatever was left over, buy myself a pop and some chips or a choloate bar.

So, there's 8 year old McFuhryous buying cigs like it wasn't a thing. Never took up the habit myself but remember those days like yesterday.

Reactions: Porkleaker

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Theres a lot of grumpy Ranford fans here. He wasn't so well liked back in the day, not even by team mates sometimes. Ranford was a classic in the scowl at your team mates after a goal mode. Didn't sit well with team mates either. Ranford, as much as he improved in the Jets series in first round also contributed to the club being down 3 games 1 in the first place.

To answer your question though is Ranford was not required to be stellar in 90 playoffs. We could still outscore some of our mistakes but more critically we still had a lot of game breakers with all star talent and finish around the net. The Oilers were still a dangerous club in 90 and supplanted with the kidline energy. With that club Fuhr, who was injured, would've won it all and the team would have been better with Grant in net.

Ranford was never a great goalie. he was textbook ordinary

In my next post I'll go after Jacques Plante…;)

I respect your opinion but I don’t remember Ranford like that. I was in college in 1990 and I didn’t expect a cup. Thank god we won. The next 2 decades have been painful.
I remember they interviewed Ranford once after he left and he said he will always have Oiler blood in his vanes.!

Reactions: RegDunlop

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
I respect your opinion but I don’t remember Ranford like that. I was in college in 1990 and I didn’t expect a cup. Thank god we won. The next 2 decades have been painful.
I remember they interviewed Ranford once after he left and he said he will always have Oiler blood in his vanes.!

I think he did well on the world level as well I seem to recall

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
They're going to get trounced if they play like they have the last several games, Vegas is firing on all cylinders now.
Not a good feeling in general about this team right now even with the record under Hitch.

Multigrain

Sep 9, 2018
They're going to get trounced if they play like they have the last several games, Vegas is firing on all cylinders now.
Not a good feeling in general about this team right now even with the record under Hitch.
He is keeping the defensive pairings the same, so that should add some stability.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Vegas is on a 5 game win streak and look to be really gelling. Loved Hitch's statements about Gerard Gallant, showed how much Hitch is more about mindset than just Xs and Os. Said the Knights play "freely", watching their high flying, high confidence passing and Offence last year you understand what Hitch means. Will Hitch be able to unlock this same potential on our Oilers? They'll need to tonight if they want to win.

Reactions: CycloneSweep
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad