Post-Game Talk: #26: Blue Jackets 4 at FLYERS 3 (OT), Thursday, Dec. 6, 2018, 7:00 p.m. ET

David St Hubbins

Well, you're not as confused as he is.
Jan 24, 2016
Deskfront, facing WSW

tenor.gif

JXC

#ThisAintXbox #ThisAintMightyDucks #FireHakstol
Dec 28, 2005
Ghost would never do that. It's always hockey talk on this board.
We need a game to get back on topic yo

Let me ask you this: I know you are down on the roster in general but if the Flyers add, say,

- Panarin, and
- a solid first pairing defenseman (a defense first defenseman), and
- Stolarz is real,

Do you see a team that’s for real, assuming the other pieces stay largely the same?

David St Hubbins

Jan 24, 2016
Deskfront, facing WSW

Let me ask you this: I know you are down on the roster in general but if the Flyers add, say,

- Panarin, and
- Stolarz is real,

Do you see a team that’s for real, assuming the other pieces stay largely the same?

Best Case: moves us from first round flameout to 2nd round loss and another year of ... this.

JXC

#ThisAintXbox #ThisAintMightyDucks #FireHakstol
Dec 28, 2005
This "system" being run is complete garbage. You can't fault Jake, Ghost, Provy...

This isn’t Mighty Ducks. Inferior teams don’t beat superior opponents because the coach leads chants on the bench and cups his hands to holler a nifty play now and then. This is real life, with real players, making real mistakes.

Reactions: Ghosts Beer

David St Hubbins

Jan 24, 2016
Deskfront, facing WSW
This isn’t Mighty Ducks. Inferior teams don’t beat superior opponents because the coach leads chants on the bench and cups his hands to holler a nifty play now and then. This is real life, with real players, making real mistakes.

And better teams never lose to inferior teams because their coaches' screwed up. Thanks for the "real life" update, skippy.:thumbu:

Outlaw Samurai

FROST WARNING in effect
Jun 24, 2018
Ottawa

:huh:

No, but a better coach using a better system (you know, one more suited to today's game?) while not increasing the garbage players ice time at the expense of younger, skilled players would be a great start.

Nobody expects them to win the cup if they switch to Q but how about playing up to their potential?

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
dude you can see this isnt a hard team personality wise. Any board play and this team is done. Rush or nothing and like I said I dont like the coach.

personally I have been thinking for quite awhile now that the confidence on this team is very fragile. when something bad happens it usually snowballs. if confidence is low than its hard to play with emotion. Much of that is on the coaching staff. But the team needs to show something to break that cycle on the ice.. They had the good effort in Pittsburgh. But really didnt build off it. the team has 2 wins in the last 9. Then you add into it the uncertainty of the changes up stairs and wondering am I next?
Because this team sure could use a spark. I really dont think a coaching change would be enough IMO

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC

- Panarin, and
- Stolarz is real,

It's a start.

Reactions: JXC

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
personally I have been thinking for quite awhile now that the confidence on this team is very fragile. when something bad happens it usually snowballs. if confidence is low than its hard to play with emotion. Much of that is on the coaching staff. But the team needs to show something to break that cycle on the ice.. They had the good effort in Pittsburgh. But really didnt build off it. the team has 2 wins in the last 9. Then you add into it the uncertainty of the changes up stairs and wondering am I next?
Because this team sure could use a spark. I really dont think a coaching change would be enough IMO
Great post.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014

- Panarin, and
- Stolarz is real,

I don't think they need a Panarin, though it would be a nice addition, but to rearrange some players.
Panarin, then trade Jake (or trade Jake earlier), let Simmonds walk (or trade him at the TDL).
Maybe package Ghost with some other assets for a top RHD, balance the defense.
Bring up the LHV kids, add Allison/Laczynski and Frost.
Now you're cookin!

G - Couts - Panarin
Lindblom - Patrick - TK
JVR - Frost - Allison/Laczynski
Laughton - Voroybev - NAK

Provorov - RHD
Sanheim - Gudas
Hagg/Morin - Myers
Friedman

There are lots of ways to skin this cat, but I'd rather trade some veterans on the roster than give up top prospects/1st rd picks.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
No, when you were told I wasn't here you said " when he is he doesn't watch anyway."

That was your reaction to learning I was absent for a death. To use that death and my absence for it as a means of insulting. It had nothing to do with your miniscule sample size running contrary to years of play. It was your use of a death to fire an insult in the midst of your frantic meltdown.

This contrarian crowd can't ever stop lying.
You make the appalling dishonest accusation that I “bash[ed] [you] for having a friend's kid die” — & that’s a direct quote — & then you have the audacity to call *me* a liar?

My saying “when he is he doesn’t watch anyway” — a shot at your analyses of the Flyers’ systems — sure as hell isn’t bashing you for having a friend’s kid die.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
You make the appalling dishonest accusation that I “bash[ed] [you] for having a friend's kid die” — & that’s a direct quote — & then you have the audacity to call *me* a liar?

My saying “when he is he doesn’t watch anyway” — a shot at your analyses of the Flyers’ systems — sure as hell isn’t bashing you for having a friend’s kid die.
Or you could have just said "oh, shit, that sucks. I had no idea"

Instead, you decided it you should take a shot at him.

it was an a$$hole move.

magnumpi

Roger got goofy with Cancer
Apr 22, 2018
I really dont understand why there has to be nastiness because someone may have a different view of the head coach.

ARe we discussing the fate of the world?

Reactions: Adtar02

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
I really dont understand why there has to be nastiness because someone may have a different view of the head coach.

ARe we discussing the fate of the world?
The telling part is that I support changing the coach. I simply think he’s a somewhere-near-the-middle of the bell curve nhl coach & not a complete moron at the worst end of the curve.

And you get people who regularly belittle the intelligence & honesty of others misrepresenting (& supporting an obvious misrepresentation) that I bashed someone on the basis of a kid dying. Pure Insanity driven by different opinions.

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
The telling part is that I support changing the coach. I simply think he’s a somewhere-near-the-middle of the bell curve nhl coach & not a complete moron at the worst end of the curve.

And you get people who regularly belittle the intelligence & honesty of others misrepresenting (& supporting an obvious misrepresentation) that I bashed someone on the basis of a kid dying. Pure Insanity driven by different opinions.

ehh, i don't have a dog in the race, i got enough stuff going on in my life than to gang up on some poster on a message board.

But, it was a jerk move on your end that day. I'm sure a little self reflection and an apology would go a long way.

I don't necessarily think you meant to be a jerk (i dont know you well enough to speculate), but it was a jerk move. And that's ok. We are all assholes super often in our lives.

Reactions: The Rage Kage

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad