Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
Family-Guy-Ipacec.gif

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
I watched Mario Tremblay play many games as a Hab and unfortunately this moment is what I'll always remember about him now and for nothing he did as a Habs player. I still vividly remember that game like it happened just last night. :(

b9d9ff91e3297d3e97387aa029a67a49.jpg

a0fe3b2b71fef35286acd8270a60c017.jpg
Agreed. Its a shame the way things fell apart. I know he was trying to make a point by keeping Roy in, but his ego was just to big and they ultimately lost
that battle. Roy was not wrong in this case, but he himself could've dealt with it differently. I remember all the games Keenan played with goalies and those issues were usually resolved. I'm sure Roy could've gone to the GM after and discussed it. Tremblay shouldn't have embarrassed his star in the first place though.

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
Agreed. Its a shame the way things fell apart. I know he was trying to make a point by keeping Roy in, but his ego was just to big and they ultimately lost
that battle. Roy was not wrong in this case, but he himself could've dealt with it differently. I remember all the games Keenan played with goalies and those issues were usually resolved. I'm sure Roy could've gone to the GM after and discussed it. Tremblay shouldn't have embarrassed his star in the first place though.

I heard a story that the morning of that game, Roy ran into Mike Vernon at Moe’s.

Vernon said words to the effect of “you look like shit, what’s up?” Roy said he was stressed and miserable. Vernon said he knew that from his Flames days, and getting a new start in Detroit gave him a new lease on life.

The story goes that at that moment Patrick started thinking about getting out of town.

Here is a source

How Mike Vernon set the stage for the Roy trade

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land

Yes I've said in the past that hotheaded Roy also deserved his fair share of the blame for how very poorly he handled that situation after finally getting pulled from that game.

This was one of the worst moments in Habs history and while I was angry with Tremblay at the time I was also very disappointed with Roy for quitting on the Habs and the Habs fanbase by forcing his way out of town.

Reactions: Fixxer and BLONG7

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Forgive me if I don’t light a candle.
I don't know if you're Catholic but don't they light a candle in memory of the dearly departed? That's what we should do. Light a candle for the departed glorious yesteryears of the Habs brought to us by Frank Selke, Toe Blake, Dick Irwin, Sam Pollock, Serge savard etc.

Reactions: Fixxer

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
I watched Mario Tremblay play many games as a Hab and unfortunately this moment is what I'll always remember about him now and for nothing he did as a Habs player. I still vividly remember that game like it happened just last night. :(

b9d9ff91e3297d3e97387aa029a67a49.jpg

a0fe3b2b71fef35286acd8270a60c017.jpg
So according to you it was all Tremblay's doing. Roy had nothing to do with?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad