GDT: [#25] Lightning @ Stars, 7:30 PM CST (FS-SW) - Reverse Retros in the hizzle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Oettinger is so bad one on one. If he doesn't learn, he'll be lucky to stay a back up in the NHL.

But....WHY THE f*** IS PAVELSKI IN THE SHOOTOUT?

Eh. He's still young and those were good shots. But even if...there were good goalies who hardly ever stopped a penalty shot or shootout attempt. Jimmy Howard for example.

Reactions: Spotty 2 Hotty

Henderson33

Jun 4, 2012
Nova Scotia
Oettinger is so bad one on one. If he doesn't learn, he'll be lucky to stay a back up in the NHL.

But....WHY THE f*** IS PAVELSKI IN THE SHOOTOUT?

tenor.gif

Reactions: Kipper 17 and Zapp

Rory

Jun 14, 2017
Someone teach this kid how to play in a shootout. They won the last game cause Columbus missed on all their tries. He is awful at shootouts.

Reactions: Spotty 2 Hotty

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
I'll take a shootout loss over a 3-1 loss that we were about to have anyday tho so. The game was over as soon as this became a skills competition, Oettinger being bad or not. You know it's gonna be bad when Tampa's first shooter is a 4th line guy. Such a deep team

Kalamazoo Wings

May 4, 2010
Knee Deep
We're just clearly outskilled by TB CAR CHI and FLA. If it goes past 60 with those 4 teams just take the loser point and move on. You need skill to win the skills competition.

Kalamazoo Wings

May 4, 2010
Knee Deep
Like Ross f***en Colton really? Where does TB come up with these guys? Honestly though nice move in the SO, very subtle shimmy and it froze Oetter.

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
I'll take a shootout loss over a 3-1 loss that we were about to have anyday tho so. The game was over as soon as this became a skills competition, Oettinger being bad or not. You know it's gonna be bad when Tampa's first shooter is a 4th line guy. Such a deep team
I wouldn’t say he was bad there . Those were both tough ones to stop .

Reactions: Hinterland

BeaverSports

Mar 3, 2004
I still feel like Bowness uses Dickinson more than he should. That said, the Stars sure had their chances to win this one in OT.

Reactions: Elysian

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
We're just clearly outskilled by TB CAR CHI and FLA. If it goes past 60 with those 4 teams just take the loser point and move on. You need skill to win the skills competition.

Outside of that juicy Oettinger rebound that almost bounced back in the Stars dominated OT completely. Didn't you watch? They also dominated OT vs Columbus btw.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
I felt like he had a super quiet game but I didn't notice him in that many negative ways. Interesting. Then again I missed the 1st period so

Gurianov has just been so quiet since the first 5 or 6 games when he looked crazy confident (as did the team). Thought that goal the other night would wake him up but nope..also rarely gets breakaways anymore it feels like. Just not using his speed like he should

Kalamazoo Wings

May 4, 2010
Knee Deep
Outside of that juicy Oettinger rebound that almost bounced back in the Stars dominated OT completely. Didn't you watch? They also dominated OT vs Columbus btw.

How many games have the Stars won in OT? Yeah.

Sorry you can dominate all you want, but it takes skill to finish, something the Stars sorely lack and it shows every time past 60. I stand by my original point they will get outskilled by the good teams in this division when it comes down to the extra point.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
I still feel like Bowness uses Dickinson more than he should. That said, the Stars sure had their chances to win this one in OT.
Dickinson had about the worst OT a guy can have. Fumbled the puck in the crease to negate a great scoring chance. Kicked Oettinger's pass into the bench. Turned it over twice as well after that. Just awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad