GDT: [#25] Lightning @ Stars, 7:30 PM CST (FS-SW) - Reverse Retros in the hizzle

Status
Not open for further replies.

serp

Jan 17, 2016

True we can all see it. Oettinger just has been better and only lost 1 game in regulation in 10 starts.

Reactions: Elysian

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Dickenson is probably the best choice to scale up that lineup, with his relatively good speed and size. You got a fast sniper, a slower sniper, and every line needs someone to be good at digging pucks out and feeding them, even if his offensive instincts are average.

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015
Get used to it. It will be like this all season. Can’t believe how good Hintz has been. Injured and still been a our best forward. That’s both a good and a bad thing
Yea i know...he has been good so not sure what this game time decision every game is because of. He shows no signs of anything ailing him.

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
Yea i know...he has been good so not sure what this game time decision every game is because of. He shows no signs of anything ailing him.
Nill already announced a while ago that Roope has an injury and they'll be dealing with it like this all season... Said specifically it won't get worse, but they have to manage it.

Reactions: Kcb12345 and Satan

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Should've let me make this :sarcasm: about to be a L

For real though I'm excited to see the reverse retroes in action. Maybe they look good on the ice, but also it's just nice to see different jerseys in action

Reactions: Magic Mittens

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
I’ve been killing my hockey parlay bets lately. Went 7/7 Saturday, 5/5 Sunday and 6/6 yesterday and I’m planning on taking Dallas tonight #YOLO

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
Dickenson is probably the best choice to scale up that lineup, with his relatively good speed and size. You got a fast sniper, a slower sniper, and every line needs someone to be good at digging pucks out and feeding them, even if his offensive instincts are average.

Meh, I'm just tired of Dickie being "plugged in" everywhere. That's fine for a bit, but season after season I've grown tired of it because I find him completely mediocre at everything. He can't get by on his looks forever.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Meh, I'm just tired of Dickie being "plugged in" everywhere. That's fine for a bit, but season after season I've grown tired of it because I find him completely mediocre at everything. He can't get by on his looks forever.
With Seguin and Hintz out, the Stars don't really have a third option of a center. Faksa might be a more interesting guy to try because, unlike Dickinson, Faksa can actually win a faceoff.

But that's not an option because Bowness loves the FCC line more than he loves life.

Edit: Let's look at the beloved FCC line:
- They've scored 4 goals and given up 3. That's not anything special.
- But what about shot attempts? They've generated 93 shot attempts and have only given up 78 shot attempts. Yes, they look better there.
- Now, let's narrow that to shots that got through to the goalie or net. They put 58 shots on net but gave up 59 shots on net.

This tells you they have a skill deficiency. A significant number of their shot attempts are right into shin pads. So much so that they're actually getting outshot when it comes to the number of saves a goalie is having to make.

This is a break even line, which is partly why I get annoyed at Bowness starting every period with them. The message is clear: let's f***ing tie it, boys.

Last edited:

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
With Seguin and Hintz out, the Stars don't really have a third option of a center. Faksa might be a more interesting guy to try because, unlike Dickinson, Faksa can actually win a faceoff.

But that's not an option because Bowness loves the FCC line more than he loves life.

Edit: Let's look at the beloved FCC line:
- They've scored 4 goals and given up 3. That's not anything special.
- But what about shot attempts? They've generated 93 shot attempts and have only given up 78 shot attempts. Yes, they look better there.
- Now, let's narrow that to shots that got through to the goalie or net. They put 58 shots on net but gave up 59 shots on net.

This tells you they have a skill deficiency. A significant number of their shot attempts are right into shin pads. So much so that they're actually getting outshot when it comes to the number of saves a goalie is having to make.

This is a break even line, which is partly why I get annoyed at Bowness starting every period with them. The message is clear: let's f***ing tie it, boys.

Except that it's not because them playing against top competition gives everybody else better matchups. Also, only Dellandrea and L'Esperance are getting more defensive zone starts than the FCC line. If they're starting games, it's just to get the matchup's right.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Except that it's not because them playing against top competition gives everybody else better matchups. Also, only Dellandrea and L'Esperance are getting more defensive zone starts than the FCC line. If they're starting games, it's just to get the matchup's right.
But Bowness does this whether at home or on the road.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Its one of the few lines you can just put out there and never gets killed no matter who they face. As bad offensively as they often appear they at least generate offensive zone possession regularly

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
But Bowness does this whether at home or on the road.

Of course. Because most teams are always gonna start their top line. Should the Bolts start the Joseph line, sure enough Bowness isn't gonna start the FCC line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad