GDT: [#25] Lightning @ Stars, 7:30 PM CST (FS-SW) - Reverse Retros in the hizzle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Faksa is the worst player on the Stars in terms of CA/60, FA/60, xGA/60 and SCA/60. I get that it's a DZone deployment thing but the rates are significantly worse than Comeau or Cogliano who have the better numbers on the team.

Reactions: Magic Mittens

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
The famed and (I think) unquestionably great defensive Guy Carboneau line was a negative +/- ratings in the SC year. If you crap on FCC for being in slightly negative territory for a defensive line, you are probably crapping in the wrong crapper.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Meh, I'm just tired of Dickie being "plugged in" everywhere. He can't get by on his looks forever.

V0Ig6Z6.jpg

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Robertson punishment for creating offense, playing with 2 guys that can't. Poor guy.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Faksa is the worst player on the Stars in terms of CA/60, FA/60, xGA/60 and SCA/60. I get that it's a DZone deployment thing but the rates are significantly worse than Comeau or Cogliano who have the better numbers on the team.

Hintz has the 3rd worst corsi numbers amongst forwards despite getting more than 60% offensive zone starts. His numbers are god awful. If you wanna shit on somebody because of corsi numbers, give Hintz some heat, not Faksa:laugh:

Having said that, shot based stats are pretty useless, at least on their own. For the most part, I don't give a rats ass about them.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Hintz has the 3rd worst corsi numbers amongst forwards despite getting more than 60% offensive zone starts. His numbers are god awful. If you wanna shit on somebody because of corsi numbers, give Hintz some heat, not Faksa:laugh:

Having said that, corsi is a pretty useless stat. For the most part, I don't give a rats ass about it.
I posted more than just Faksa's corsi numbers.

What a genius idea though- we should shit on Hintz who generates offense (check xG or any individual rate stat like points, ixG, high danger chances etc) and who passes the eye test - instead of Faksa who's been flat out bad this year (check any stat, watch any shift).

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
I posted more than just Faksa's corsi numbers.

What a genius idea though- we should shit on Hintz who generates offense (check xG or any individual rate stat like points, ixG, high danger chances etc) and who passes the eye test - instead of Faksa who's been flat out bad this year (check any stat, watch any shift).

What you posted are shot based stats and looking at those, Hintz is one of the worst forwards on the team...not just this season. So is Faksa but he's facing better competition and starting way more shifts in the defensive zone.

I never said they should sit Hintz though. I disagree that Faksa is playing poorly though. Maybe not his best season so far but that was to be expected after his wrist surgery.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
What you posted are shot based stats and looking at those, Hintz is one of the worst forwards on the team...not just this season.

I never said they should sit Hintz though. I disagree that Faksa is playing poorly though. Maybe not his best season so far but that was to be expected after his wrist surgery.

Please take a look at Hintz' expected goal and high danger stats again and tell me he's one of the worst on the team.

Reactions: Johno

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Shot based stats are fun. For example, looking at the FCC line tells me they have 37% of their shots blocked while they block only 24% of their opponents' shots. Just interesting.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Please take a look at Hintz' expected goal and high danger stats again and tell me he's one of the worst on the team.

Again, I don't give a rats ass about advanced stats but you criticized Faksa for bad shot based stats so I just told you that Hintz' numbers are almost just as bad despite him being pretty much sheltered, at least compared to Faksa. I'm not gonna compare the players or say that one of them is good or bad...just telling you that criticizing Faksa based on shot based stats may not be appropriate.

Speaking of corsi though, Ty Dellandrea is sporting a CF% of 51,2 despite over 70% defensive zone starts, the most on the Dallas Stars team. Strange deployment for a rookie:huh:

serp

Jan 17, 2016

Guessing that means Sekera is out or a game time decision

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
That's always the danger of advanced stats. If you pick one and ignore others, you can paint an odd picture of a guy. You can also draw a nice picture if you combine them. Taking what you two looked up, we can say opponents get more shots when Hintz is on the ice, but the Stars get more sexy scoring chances because Hintz is so explosive.

Reactions: Hinterland

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Again, I don't give a rats ass about advanced stats but you criticized Faksa for bad shot based stats so I just told you that Hintz' numbers are almost just as bad despite him being pretty much sheltered, at least compared to Faksa. I'm not gonna compare the players or say that one of them is good or bad...just telling you that criticizing Faksa based on shot based stats may not be appropriate.

Speaking of corsi though, Ty Dellandrea is sporting a CF% of 51,2 despite over 70% defensive zone starts, the most on the Dallas Stars team. Strange deployment for a rookie:huh:

Can you read? I've criticized Faksa based on advanced stats, Average Joe stats and watching him play. :laugh:

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
That's always the danger of advanced stats. If you pick one and ignore others, you can paint an odd picture of a guy. You can also draw a nice picture if you combine them. Taking what you two looked up, we can say opponents get more shots when Hintz is on the ice, but the Stars get more sexy scoring chances because Hintz is so explosive.

Sounds like an accurate picture to me

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Can you read? I've criticized Faksa based on advanced stats, Average Joe stats and watching him play. :laugh:

His play is fine. He does what he's supposed to do. His offense may have been a bit more limited than many would have liked but once again, this was to be expected after his surgery.

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
I think they should have went with black pants or something , these unis are pretty weird.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
I think they should have went with black pants or something , these unis are pretty weird.
I still don't understand why they didn't just leave the jersey unchanged from the original version... It was so f***ing nice, but at least they're rocking the good logo

Reactions: Bfantz
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad