Post-Game Talk: #25: Flyers at Senators, Tuesday, December 1, 2015

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Watching the game i barely noticed it because it happened so fast. I then looked at the clip in the main board thread and it looks dirty and worthy of a game or two. i don't know his suspension history but i'd assume if he has been suspended a couple times before that could be more.

Impressed with the offensive side of ghost for sure, and he does make manning look somewhat improved. Favorite guy to watch right now, hope that he can start showing off his defensive game more but it's awesome to watch his offense.

Gostisbehere is so poised with the puck, and he seems to now have the confidence to make some moves. He is worth the price of admission on his own.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
I'm talking about them complaining about how the league is somehow against them based off of previous incidents. They're doing more of that than actually discussing the actual hit at hand.

Oh I know, and the complaint that Gudas hit Michalek with a slapshot well after the whistle is ridiculous. They have had a number of players downed by very questionable hits, but I don't there there's a team that hasn't.

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
Let's talk about Ghost being on pace for 53 points in 82 games as a rookie. I hope he maintains that and improves on it.

I think Ghost is a good example of showing how improving the defense of this team would improve the offense. He had plenty of space to make a play and take a great shot.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
When Neil is on your team, youre not allowed to complain about any physicality.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Based on what the NHL has said for years about hitters being responsible for hitting vulnerable guys up high, he should be suspended. Based on what the NHL has actually done in those situations, he won't be.

tymed

Jun 11, 2007
British Columbia
I was under the influence by games end. Anyone have a video or gif about it? anything worse than anything thrown at us all year every year that doesnt get suspended? I wish our team had stuck up for b.schenn then way they have this year over the last few years. kid's been plowed without any reaction. Makes a huge difference.

whitstifier

Honor Black Excellence in Hockey
Mar 19, 2013
I was under the influence by games end. Anyone have a video or gif about it? anything worse than anything thrown at us all year every year that doesnt get suspended? I wish our team had stuck up for b.schenn then way they have this year over the last few years. kid's been plowed without any reaction. Makes a huge difference.

Here it is: https://streamable.com/2apx

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

I'm convinced Schenn's a terminator & pain isn't physically possible for him.

Hurricane28

Angry Flyers STH/Weather Guy
Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey
Can't take that gudas thread seriously, complaining basically saying there is conspiracy against them by the NHL. Please. Also swic21 really brought up a good point that I haven't seen anyone from the Sens board respond to, what about the hit on Laughton, I guess they'll just throw that one under the carpet

Random Forest

May 12, 2010
Let's talk about Ghost being on pace for 53 points in 82 games as a rookie. I hope he maintains that and improves on it.

Good god, how satisfying would it be for Gostisbehere to win the Calder in the year it was destined for McDavid or Eichel?

Delete99991

May 9, 2013
Ghost, Gudas, and the second line were all great. Fun game.

LHV could really use Laughton.

And that might be where he still belongs. He plays light and doesn't seem to have any particular strength that I've noticed, although his speed is better than average in that forward group. He needs to lift.

Also, Bellemare's a guy I'd like to see a bit less of. He's a 4th liner all the way - doesn't belong anywhere near 93.

Delete99991

May 9, 2013
It's worth mentioning too that Manning had a strong game.

If he plays like that, I'll take him over 55

boxcar65

Sep 24, 2007
Richmond, VA
It's worth mentioning too that Manning had a strong game.

If he plays like that, I'll take him over 55

I thought he had a decent game for his 15:00 of ice time. He made one or two questionable passes, but overall he moved the puck well out of his zone and found the open man. He also challenged fairly well at the blue line, and that's probably his best skill right now.

No idea how he got an assist on the Simmonds goal, but I'm sure he will take it. I know +/- is an overrated stat, but he is a +1 now. Two more games to go in my five game winning streak prediction. Just an awesome game from top to bottom in every phase.

bb12

Aug 21, 2014
USA
We have surprisingly all of a sudden found a serviceable defense. The addition of Gudas, medvedev and ghost is light and day from last year. Insert Streit for manning and I'm perfectly okay with that.

Now we just need hak to go back to the drawing board and make 3 serviceable and balanced lines. G is back to invisible in my opinion and Jake is useless. Laughton and cousins are being miss used and wasting development. Completely goes against hexys mentality

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad