Post-Game Talk: #25: Flyers at Senators, Tuesday, December 1, 2015

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I wouldn't mind having him as the #6 for the next couple of years.
Yeah at least until he hits UFA. He's not a flawless player, but I like watching him play. Not sure I want him on my shutdown pair or playing 20+ minutes a night when this team is a contender, but he has a role. Probably worth 1.5 years of Coburn on his own, let alone the 1st and the 3rd.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
I don't think any Flyer has scored two ENGs in the same game. The last time they scored two... may have been Richards/Powe in 2009.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Mason:

5 of his last 6 games...SV% of .920 or better.

6 of his last 7 games....2 goals allowed or less.

Mason is back!

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
coots just missed his first 2 goal game. ....i think

Nope. His 1st 2 goal game was less than a month into his NHL career, vs Columbus if I remember correctly

He also scored 2 last year vs Detroit.

The playoff hat-trick as well... and maybe 1 more two goal game somewhere?

Cootsfanclub

For Oskar!
Mar 29, 2013
Say what you want about Gudas he plays big mins almost 25 mins tonight 2 big hits the guys a monster leads dman in hits i believe.

No one besides Tanner Glass (2 games played) has more hits per game. Gudas has 21 more than the next defenseman with 2 games in hand. Absolute monster.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
I think it's safe to say Mason's back. Another solid outing by him. He really held the fort down with Ottawa's late game push.

Hope he didn't hurt nothing at the end there though.

We could go on a nice run with 2 hot goalies if this scoring keeps up

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Nope. His 1st 2 goal game was less than a month into his NHL career, vs Columbus if I remember correctly

He also scored 2 last year vs Detroit.

The playoff hat-trick as well... and maybe 1 more two goal game somewhere?

Yes, a 9-2 CBJ game.

Remember when we could score 9 goals?

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Really good win. Got away from the game a bit in first 10 minutes of the 3rd, but the other 50 minutes were great.

They have been playing pretty darn well for some time now have the Flyers.

JXC

#ThisAintXbox #ThisAintMightyDucks #FireHakstol
Dec 28, 2005
Being on a line of VdV and Bellemare doesn't ****ing help him in the slightest. Raffl has been terrible.

Yeah agreed. He flubs the puck a lot and chest snipes galore, but needs better line mates.

Catch 22

JXC

#ThisAintXbox #ThisAintMightyDucks #FireHakstol
Dec 28, 2005
Hakstol has done some good work here.

Gert B Frobe

Nov 18, 2003
Chester County
Every team needs a Gudas type defenseman. Somebody back there who will bury guys with their head down. He has decent hands and a good shot - he's just doesn't have the speed to skate it out on his own.

Imagine how good this team could be with Vinny, Umberger and MacDonald's money spent on players that aren't terrible. Wish they had gone after Boychuk and Leddy instead of Streit and MacDonald...

Wonder what Vinny is going to do sitting all year. I don't think he'll ever play again. Just collect his checks I guess.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Hakstol has done some good work here.

There are definitely more positives than Berube.

I really like the system he is trying to instil, when the players execute it creates good transition and Ozone pressure, and is a lot more fun than Berube's. It is not best suited to our players, D especially, but when the young D come through it should be very fun.

Also the PK looks like an NHL PK now... the two D men don't wander off past the hashes and generally stay tight to the posts, while one man pressures and one sits off in the lane. It is back to exactly the same style of PK it was from ~2011-2014. You know... the one that worked.

His personnel decisions have perturbed me though at times.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad