Pre-Game Talk: 24 Team Playoffs discussion

Who do you want to face in the first round of the playoffs?

• Total voters

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
We won't even know if a player is injured or has the virus. We'll just know that he isn't playing.

I can imagine a situation in which Covid spreads like wildfire through the team. Before we know it we're squinting our eyes saying "who's that?" when we're watching all the Black Aces +. And not a peep from Bednar.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Having ridiculous depth could be a huge advantage for us in the playoffs. Most teams would be severely depleted if they lost an entire forward line, but as long as we don't lose the top line we can roll with 4 strong lines even if we lost a full forward line (or more) to injury. Byram and Timmins also give us some interesting depth on the back end as well.

Landeskog --- Mackinnon --- Rantanen
Burakovsky ----- Kadri -------- Donskoi
Nichuskin ----- Compher ---- Namestnikov
Nieto ---------- Bellemare ---- Calvert
Jost ------------ Kamenev ----- Wilson
O'Connor ------ Bowers ------- Tynan/Kaut

Graves ---- Makar
Girard ----- Johnson
Zadorov -- Cole
Barberio -- Timmins
Byram ---- Lindholm

Grubauer
Francouz
Werner
Hutchinson

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Wouldn’t surprise me. His kiddo is pretty young too.

It would surprise me. He's pretty invested in the success of this franchise now.

Hall though as a pending UFA wouldn't surprise me..

Avs44

May 16, 2011
These guys are going to be safer in the bubble...much safer, actually, unless they’re currently living as freaking hermits with zero human interaction. They’re going to be in Canada (which is doing extremely well compared to the US), they’re going to be quarantined before they play, they’re going to be locked in a hotel bubble while they play, and they’re going to be tested daily. Basically...unless they’re hermits, I’m confused why anyone would think they’re putting themselves in more danger by returning to play.

European soccer leagues in multiple nations have so far pulled this off without a hitch as far as I can tell. And they aren’t even in a single bubble — they’re travelling to individual stadiums.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
That and the players who are not taking part in the Return to Play are starting to work out unmonitored in public facilities.

I understand the discretion on injuries/illness but I hope they at least will provide a timetable. It will be very frustrating to learn someone is out of the lineup but no other info given. I can’t imagine none of this stuff will leak. Injury information is also a huge part of betting.

I have combed the photos the Avs have provided with absolutely no other information from the team. The NHL will release all training camp rosters soon and hopefully the finalized list for the Hubs. What I have gathered is Wilson is the only regular roster player who has not been seen. They also have their 30 skaters present without him so that should be that. Also, very unfortunately there’s no Kaut either. Seems Avs don’t want to burn his contract but yet have opted for Tynan and Dries instead. 5 goalies including Werner and Miska have been around too so that will get cut down.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
This is confusing. Wilson is a good playoff performer, but they seemed to have tied him up and put him in a shed out back. Surprised they don't have Kaut in either.

Last edited:
Reactions: McMetal

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
upload_2020-7-12_14-55-39.png

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Crowd noise will supposedly come from season ticket holders self-recorded sounds

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
With Habs players testing positive, I really hope things calm down once they're in the bubble. If this gets shut down I doubt we're seeing hockey for a long while.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Wonder if the “home team” has any control over in game sounds/presentation?

If so it would be pretty cool if Avs fans all across the world made some videos of them singing “All The Small Things”. Love when the fans sing that every game and it always runs into the play. Would be a nice for the players to get a little sense of familiarity in each third period hearing that song and watching Avs fans shout it on the Jumbotron. Could be their rally song on the road to the cup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad